03-13-2011, 09:39 PM #1
Black-Ops-
I <3 NGU!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey everyone at "NGU"

In case you didn't have time to look at the headlines in the gaming world, I'm here to post the hottest topics of the week.

What a week it was in gaming in general, so much has happened. Many big surprises pertaining to big games being announced and shown at many popular game events. Oh and I must not forget the new iPad 2 that dropped at retailers on Friday.

Okay shall we get to the most important gaming news, read below for the breakdown on this weeks most important stories. Winky Winky

Originally posted by another user
Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo figure in this week's gaming news.
US, March 13, 2011
FIRMWARE FIRMS UP PS3
After some testing times recently there's at last been the opportunity to bust out the fondant fancies at Sony HQ as it gets on top of some of its troubles. The ongoing spat with LG – which started, let's not forget, with Sony kicking sand in the global giant's face by going after its mobile technology – saw a positive twist, the embargo on PS3 consoles being lifted in the Netherlands meaning that, for now, Sony has the upper hand. How long that balance remains, however, remains to be seen – this is one playground scuffle that's no way near to running its course.

Sony's hearts must have lifted as swiftly as gamers' sunk at the prospect of another PS3 firmware update, but at least version 3.60 brought something for everyone. For the punters it's the welcome prospect of cloud saves, allowing profiles to be shared across numerous consoles and game progress to be picked up anywhere, and for Sony the update seemingly had another golden lining. Reports filtered through that version 3.60 makes significant changes to the PS3's security system, nullifying the recent hacks and re-securing the console. It's unlikely to stay that way for long, but for Sony it could lend some very welcome breathing space.

MOVERS AND SHAKERS

Microsoft's Xbox 360 may be relatively secure, but that's not to say it's safe from exploits of a very different nature. Hackers found a way to generate codes giving them access to Microsoft points, and while the access was brief it was enough to cause up to $1.2 million of damage.

Any tears that Microsoft shed could be wiped dry up by the some of the bank notes generated by the success of Kinect, which this week broke the 10 million barrier. While that number only reflects the number of units shifted, the fact it reached that figure in a mere four months was enough to earn Kinect a world record for being the fastest electronics gadget of all time. And who knows? That number might even convince Microsoft to start making some games for it.

It's success also guarantees that Kinect – or at least the technology behind it – will play a part in Microsoft's next generation of hardware, and this week it emerged that work on the Xbox 360's successor could well be under way. A job listing slipped mention of the next Xbox, though it revealed little else – and with the existing model still doing so handsomely it's unlikely we'll know any more for some time.

WII's FUTURE

One console that's arguably in more urgent need of a refresh is the Wii, although Nintendo continued to state that its home console has a bright future. The dearth of big name games coming to it in the future – Zelda and Kirby aside – would suggest otherwise, although Reggie Fils-Aime insisted there's more to come. Despite his strong words, betting against a reveal of Nintendo's new hardware this year – either as early as E3 or as late as TGS – would still seem foolish.

E3 could well see the return of some other big names. A casting list that's been linked to the next Grand Theft Auto popped up online, tantalizingly hinting not only for an imminent reveal but also for a return to the hazy West Coast setting of San Andreas. Regardless of when Rockstar reveal it Grand Theft Auto V will be big, though it's certainly going to have some strong competition with THQ's Saints Row III emerging as a very serious contender to the open world throne.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.

This personally is from me about the tragedy that happened in Japan this past week, To those on this forum that live in Japan my thoughts and prayers are with you in this time of need that people need to come together.

Don't forget to keep all those in Japan in your prayers, they will need all the help and support they can get.

That was the week in gaming news, feel free to post your comments below or quote me and I will reply to your comments. Smile

Thanks for reading!Outie
Last edited by Black-Ops- ; 03-13-2011 at 10:09 PM.

The following user thanked Black-Ops- for this useful post:

s3recap

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo