05-21-2011, 01:06 AM #1
iTruceFret
[move]From now on, call me DRAGON.[/move]
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Alright so I've found A LOT of confusion, questions, stupid/pointless threads on how to do a Data Transfer. It's VERY simple.
I can upload a video if need be. It'll be recorded from my phone, with decent quality. SO! Here we go.

1:Make sure BOTH PS3's are internet DISABLED.

2: Both systems should be OFF when doing this next step. Simply use an Ethernet Cable and plug it into BOTH PS3 systems. Your PS3 system should have come with a yellow Ethernet Cable, or, you can go to your router, and use that Ethernet Cable. (ya know, the one that is plugged into the router to the computer?) :P

3: Turn on both systems.

4: It doesn't matter which one you do first, as I've found out, which ever is easier for you. On either PS3, you should have both plugged into your TV, obviously. One with an HDMI cord, and the other with an AVCHD (wtfe it's called) {The standard connection it comes with} so that way, you can switch screens on your TV. Or if you prefer, two HDMI cables. Whatever.

5: Now on which ever console you choose to do first, preferably the one you're transferring the information over to, example, you're wanting to transfer your MW2 patch on your CFW 3.55 over to your 3.61. On your CFW 3.55 system from the XMB, go to Settings>System Settings>Awesome faceata Transfer Utility.

6: Click on you want to transfer this shit over to the other system. It'll ask you disable your account, wtfe you might want to do. If you want to do this, DO IT. Because once it's transferred, EVERYTHING will be deleted. Your game saves, etc will be ERASED. Just save it to a USB flash drive, and you'll be good. Then once you get to the setting where it asks you to press ok, SWITCH SCREENS. DON'T PRESS X YET!!!!

7: Go back to the other screen with your 3.61 firmware, and do the same as above. From the XMB, go to Settings>System Settings>Awesome faceata Transfer Utility. Select the SECOND OPTION. You want to receive the shit from your CFW 3.55 system. Obviously. BUT DON'T PRESS X YET ON THAT ONE EITHER!!!!

8: Here's where it gets tricky. Here's where 90% of people will fail, and the Ethernet Cable WILL NOT be recognized. I have both controllers in my hands, so it's ok. I know which one is connected to which console, and I suggest you do too, or you'll just **** up.

9: Using the controller for the 3.55 CFW system, press X.

10: IMMEDIATELY after pressing X, press X on the other controller. (The 3.61 firmware) Maybe wait about 1 second before pressing.

****NOTE**** It will tell you to switch screens to choose the settings you desire, but no. It will timeout before you are able to do this. Make DAMN sure you know your PSN E-Mail and Password, because these will be DELETED. You'll have to register with PSN again using an existing PSN account. :megusta:

Swap the screen back to the firmware 3.61 system, and watch it. See if it tells you that before you complete the transfer, the system will have to do a system restore. (It flies by, depending on what you have on the 3.55 system) Click yes, then click yes again, and you're good to go.

What I HAVE noticed, after many, frustrating attempts, it sometimes recognizes, and sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't, turn both systems off, and just replug your Ethernet Cable back into the back, and start over. It's very easy guys, I promise. It just sometimes doesn't recognize, and you get pissed off! It might take a few tries before you get it, but once you do, a sigh of relief will come, I promise. If you're still confused, send me a message to make a video. Once it clicks, you'll be Data Transferring with no problems. Just don't get pissed off, and throw your controller out the window. Winky Winky It might fail the first few tries, but it WILL work. Simple, easy to follow. The other tutorials I found while trying to figure it out were stupid, and just told you go to your System Settings, and do it that way. No. There's tricks involved. I hope this helps you guys out, and instead of doing the complicated spoofer to get online and play your MW2 mods, just go find another PS3, and keep it updated. It's the best way to go.

Here are some questions I seen mentioned in the comments:

1) will i need to activate the map packs again? Map Packs- I've looked, and searched, and nothing. All I could find was IF you lose a map pack/ forget your PSN information, you are able to re-download the map pack up to 5 times. I think the map pack is saved via the PSN User Name. Since you're not changing HDD's, you'll have to re-install your Map Packs.

2) will it transfer all my accounts? NO. You'll lose your PSN accounts, along with game saves. You'll have to go back into PSN, and just simply select 'Use an existing account.' Simple.

3) will it transfer my pictures? Do you REALLY have THAT many pictures that you can't just put them back on your USB flash drive? :megusta: Come on man. If the pictures aren't on your 3.55 system, then you might lose them, you might not. I might just copy a picture over, and see if it'll transfer. It probably won't, as my 3.61 console had a shit load of music, and when completing the Data Transfer, all of the music was gone. :FU:

4) i got the map packs of my m8 & i dont want to transfer because all the kids keep lying & say random shit about map packs deactivating, is it true? Once again this is targeted towards Question 1. I suggest keep googling, or go to Sony's website, and see if they state on whether or not your DLC Map Packs will be saved. Always a chance, but then again, it's ok. If it doesn't transfer your Map Pack over, which I'm pretty sure it wouldn't, just sign back up with your old PSN Username, and re-download it. (You are able to download a Map Pack after purchase up to 5 times.) And since you got yours for free, I just can't say 100%. I know you lose EVERYTHING on the 3.61. You could also give Sony a call, and see what they tell you. They know more about the DLC Map Pack shit then I do. Awesome face

Here's something mentioned by Rainbow_Dash. Credit for finding this out for me, and all of you goes to him. =)
I've data transferred alot so heres a few bits of extra info. Yes you loose map packs UNLESS you install the .pkg on the 3.55, transfer it over and go on your PSN account with the Map Pack Press X to start the download and immediately after tap Circle as fast as you can and press Yes to Cancel the download, the Map Pack is now activated and can be used without Re-downloading or you can use a modded patch for said map pack.

/end_stupidity_of_complicated_pointless_Data_Transfer_threads

:fyea:
Last edited by iTruceFret ; 06-30-2011 at 10:19 PM.

The following 7 users say thank you to iTruceFret for this useful post:

Arman M., CodingNation, gusbus20, johnnyla, Nightm4rPhantom, whichwaygames, yaro
05-22-2011, 07:38 PM #20
Nice tutorial. Hopefully it helps people who are struggling.
05-22-2011, 07:47 PM #21
Choco
Respect my authoritah!!
Can you transfer from a 250gb Slim to a 80gb Fat? I used to have 2 80gb systems, one on 3.41 and one on 3.61, but now I've got a 250gb Slim on 3.55 rebug and a fat 80gb on 3.61.
05-22-2011, 07:57 PM #22
RayJ_chugs
[move] No Founder [/move]
Originally posted by chocomonkey321 View Post
Can you transfer from a 250gb Slim to a 80gb Fat? I used to have 2 80gb systems, one on 3.41 and one on 3.61, but now I've got a 250gb Slim on 3.55 rebug and a fat 80gb on 3.61.

you can data transfer to any PS3
05-23-2011, 07:55 AM #23
smushpie
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by Truce View Post
Folow the tutorial step by step. Print it off if your computer isn't near where you play, and just do step by step. It might take a few tries. It will tell you either the system is turned off, or there is no Ethernet Cable connected. It doesn't recognize it sometimes. You just have to keep trying. I've found by doing it MY way, it's the fastest. You might get it on one try, or you might get it on the second, third, or fourth time, but you will get there. Winky Winky

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

Answer to number 1: You can delete the homebrew apps to make it transfer quicker, but why? The homebrew apps will be transferred to the 3.61, but of course, you can't use them. You can just delete them from your XMB on 3.61 if you prefer. And will they still be available on the 3.55 CFW console? Yes. They'll still be there.
Answer to number 2: No. It doesn't matter. You're not transfering over the CFW....
Answer to number 3: Don't really understand that question, but you need two PS3's to do this, as you have to plug in an Ethernet Cable. This is actually designed to transfer your old shit from a new PS3. Sony put this standard on the system so if you buy a new PS3, you can transfer your shit from the old system, to the new system.

al rite thanks bud
05-23-2011, 10:12 AM #24
yaro
I defeated!
Folow the tutorial step by step. Print it off if your computer isn't near where you play, and just do step by step. It might take a few tries. It will tell you either the system is turned off, or there is no Ethernet Cable connected. It doesn't recognize it sometimes. You just have to keep trying. I've found by doing it MY way, it's the fastest. You might get it on one try, or you might get it on the second, third, or fourth time, but you will get there. Winky Winky

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

Answer to number 1: You can delete the homebrew apps to make it transfer quicker, but why? The homebrew apps will be transferred to the 3.61, but of course, you can't use them. You can just delete them from your XMB on 3.61 if you prefer. And will they still be available on the 3.55 CFW console? Yes. They'll still be there.
Answer to number 2: No. It doesn't matter. You're not transfering over the CFW....
Answer to number 3: Don't really understand that question, but you need two PS3's to do this, as you have to plug in an Ethernet Cable. This is actually designed to transfer your old shit from a new PS3. Sony put this standard on the system so if you buy a new PS3, you can transfer your shit from the old system, to the new system.

So i have buy a ps3 with software 3.55 and i got one with 3.61ofw.
now is my question: i want to data tranfsform mw2 patch to the 3.61 is it simple to do it ?
05-23-2011, 01:26 PM #25
iTruceFret
Originally posted by yaro View Post
So i have buy a ps3 with software 3.55 and i got one with 3.61ofw.
now is my question: i want to data tranfsform mw2 patch to the 3.61 is it simple to do it ?

Yes. Following this tutorial will transfer your patch from your 3.55 CFW console over to the 3.61 and get you back online and playing. =) Print out my tutorial and have it next it to you while doing the Data Transfer, and do it step by step. You'll be good to go.

The following user thanked iTruceFret for this useful post:

yaro
05-23-2011, 02:45 PM #26
yaro
I defeated!
TVM!!! hahah dude its funny that u help alote of ppl with this Thanks dude!
05-23-2011, 03:26 PM #27
iTruceFret
Originally posted by yaro View Post
TVM!!! hahah dude its funny that u help alote of ppl with this Thanks dude!

It's cool. It's merely aimed at the 13 year olds who can't figure it out. Plus it was aggrivating me when my Ethernet Cable was never recognized. Just some people might assume it doesn't work because it's not read the first few times, or it will time out when switching between screens, and going through the shit from the XMB on the other system, and BLAH. It's quicker, easier, and probably more than likely able to be done on the first try if you do it via my tutorial. :fyea:
Last edited by iTruceFret ; 05-23-2011 at 03:38 PM.
05-23-2011, 07:05 PM #28
yaro
I defeated!
It's cool. It's merely aimed at the 13 year olds who can't figure it out. Plus it was aggrivating me when my Ethernet Cable was never recognized. Just some people might assume it doesn't work because it's not read the first few times, or it will time out when switching between screens, and going through the shit from the XMB on the other system, and BLAH. It's quicker, easier, and probably more than likely able to be done on the first try if you do it via my tutorial. :fyea:

Can u make a tut or somthing with easy cap or with your iphone somthing?
Anyway i will make one if have my ps3 recieved Awesome face! wensday!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo