08-06-2011, 01:39 AM #1
qwerew
Member Of The Pewdiepie Bro Army
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I am trying to update from my 3.41 PS3 to 3.66 and I keep getting this error. Is here any way to fix it? I tried updating through USB,CD,and router. HELP?!?!?!
08-07-2011, 06:55 AM #2
qwerew
BUMP!!!!! Common guys :(
08-07-2011, 07:47 AM #3
JohnnyChuttz
PS3 Hardware Guy
You might try a slower progressions of FWs. Try 3.50 - 3.66
08-07-2011, 08:20 AM #4
xEnhancer
Cracking WI-FI
Originally posted by qwerew View Post
I am trying to update from my 3.41 PS3 to 3.66 and I keep getting this error. Is here any way to fix it? I tried updating through USB,CD,and router. HELP?!?!?!

is it jailbroken ? ★
08-07-2011, 09:13 AM #5
qwerew
Originally posted by 9733
is it jailbroken ? ★

It was.

---------- Post added at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 AM ----------

Originally posted by JohnnyChuttz View Post
You might try a slower progressions of FWs. Try 3.50 - 3.66

Tried. Still get error trying to update
08-07-2011, 11:52 AM #6
You must login or register to view this content. also try updating via usb
08-07-2011, 04:45 PM #7
qwerew
Originally posted by hi
You must login or register to view this content. also try updating via usb

I did try. Doesn't work. I checked how much to fix it through sony and theyre charging $100
08-07-2011, 05:19 PM #8
jdrain11
Are you high?
I am trying to update from my 3.41 PS3 to 3.66 and I keep getting this error. Is here any way to fix it? I tried updating through USB,CD,and router. HELP?!?!?![/QUOTE

This happened to me before. It happened to me when I tried to update after i jailbroke my ps3 and then unjailbroke it. First put the update data 3.66 on to a usb drive. Unplug the usb drive (if it was plugged in), reboot the PS3, wait until the PS3 has fully loaded the XMB. Then insert the usb drive back into the ps3 and click check for update via storage media.. The catch is not to go to the screen with the progress bar, wait at the screen just before that. The PS3 automatically starts to copy the firmware to its hard drive once the update is found on the usb drive. Wait until your usb drive stops flashing, then continue to the progress bar screen. It should work then. Good-luck.

The following user thanked jdrain11 for this useful post:

qwerew
08-25-2011, 03:02 AM #9
qwerew
Originally posted by jdrain11 View Post
I am trying to update from my 3.41 PS3 to 3.66 and I keep getting this error. Is here any way to fix it? I tried updating through USB,CD,and router. HELP?!?!?![/QUOTE

This happened to me before. It happened to me when I tried to update after i jailbroke my ps3 and then unjailbroke it. First put the update data 3.66 on to a usb drive. Unplug the usb drive (if it was plugged in), reboot the PS3, wait until the PS3 has fully loaded the XMB. Then insert the usb drive back into the ps3 and click check for update via storage media.. The catch is not to go to the screen with the progress bar, wait at the screen just before that. The PS3 automatically starts to copy the firmware to its hard drive once the update is found on the usb drive. Wait until your usb drive stops flashing, then continue to the progress bar screen. It should work then. Good-luck.

im a little confused lol. so when it stops flashing remove my USB?
08-25-2011, 03:49 AM #10
jdrain11
Are you high?
Originally posted by jdrain11 View Post

im a little confused lol. so when it stops flashing remove my USB?

no you keep it in. you click "update from storage media" then it will check for an update and then you just wait until your usb stops blinking or flashing and then you continue.

The following user thanked jdrain11 for this useful post:

qwerew

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo