08-19-2011, 02:06 PM #1
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Sony has come out after 4 years to tell us cross game chat is not possible on PS3.
The reason is down due to the PS3 hardware or lack in this case.

"Part of the reason [for including 512MB of RAM] is more RAM means easier development for game developers," Sony president of Worldwide Studios Shu Yoshida

"But as important as that is to allow the PS Vita always to do more while the game is running in the background, or when you switch between the game and other applications or system software functionalities.

"So the reason why we were able to include something like Party, which enables cross-game voice chat, is because we designed Vita so it always has enough resources to handle something like that behind the game while it's running."

So in other words.....the PS3 was never designed to have cross game chat from the start. Which would explain why the PS3 has 256 RAM along with 256 RAM for graphics.
Once the game takes the RAM no way getting it back. Soooo even if they did add it would not be allowed in older games.

"Once a game gets RAM we never give it back," Shuhei Yoshida told Eurogamer. "It's not possible to retrofit something like that after the fact."

So we now know the PS3 was not designed for cross game chat. The question is what else was it not designed for ?
Would this explain why PSN is so far behind XBL ?

Does bring up some good news......the PS4 likely to be designed to have it from the start if vita does. And it possible on sony consoles.

Of course they could have designed it from the start even with the hardware limits but would mean less pretty games.

You must login or register to view this content.
Linky
08-19-2011, 02:10 PM #2
gola
OVER 9000!
Well at least sony have finally said something about it, would have been nice earlier.

I'd say they're being honest about it too, some games don't even run smoothly as is let alone if there was a bunch of stuff running in the background as well as the game itself.
08-19-2011, 02:10 PM #3
MKFAN001
Bounty hunter
sony need to think things through
08-19-2011, 06:14 PM #4
iWONDERif
Bounty hunter
The ps3 is more about games than features why would i need to talk to someone else while playing another game, would i want to listen to them moan because they got killed on cod while i play a story driven uncharted? No not really. I would rather have a better game then features in my opinion, some of you may disagree

The following 5 users say thank you to iWONDERif for this useful post:

Alexis Rhodes, GetDeleted -_-, thugnificint, wowaka, xSOADx
08-19-2011, 06:23 PM #5
i--DanieL_
Edgier than an octagon
Originally posted by Golagoda View Post
Well at least sony have finally said something about it, would have been nice earlier.

I'd say they're being honest about it too, some games don't even run smoothly as is let alone if there was a bunch of stuff running in the background as well as the game itself.

Could you imagine playing Fallout: New Vegas with cross game chat in the background?

But yea I would have liked to hear this earlier.
08-19-2011, 10:10 PM #6
How is PSN "so far" behind XBL? Because it doesn't have Party Chat?

I'd rather have better games than talk to people over PSN, PlayStation has always been the best for single player games and in game chat is enough tbh, at least it forces people with mics to communicate and play the game objective.

The following user thanked Awayze for this useful post:

thugnificint
08-20-2011, 04:41 AM #7
El Violador
< ^ > < ^ >
I don't understand where somebody would think that it would be a good idea to make a gaming console with only 512mb ram?
08-20-2011, 04:53 AM #8
YnO
~♣°Yamata no Orochi°♣~
the ppl who want cross chat is the ppl who dont have girlfriend Gobble

JK
08-20-2011, 04:59 AM #9
wowaka
Former Staff
I heard this when either Killzone 3 or Killzone 2 came out. I said cross chat isn't possible in many threads as well, but I just got groaned :fa:.

I really don't care about cross chat, honestly, what's the big deal?
08-20-2011, 03:59 PM #10
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by Julian View Post
I heard this when either Killzone 3 or Killzone 2 came out. I said cross chat isn't possible in many threads as well, but I just got groaned :fa:.

I really don't care about cross chat, honestly, what's the big deal?

I did have a chat with somebody ages ago.......
Said it was a hardware issue/mixed with design/with cost.

Shame tbh goes to show you can't add everything you want into a product.
Big deal.....nope just another difference between consoles.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo