Post: Borderlands to have more than half a million weapons
07-23-2008, 04:17 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); +rep me or thanks me for this post

Originally posted by Blake

Take-Two on Wednesday confirmed that there will be more than one way to skin a cat in their upcoming first-person shooter meets RPG game.

You must login or register to view this content.
500,000 weapons? I'll have one, please.

LOS ANGELES -- During Take-Two's E3 media briefing today, Gearbox president Randy Pitchford confirmed that their will be more than 500,000 "unique" weapons in Borderlands upon its release next year. This is made possible through a custom weapon generator which dynamically creates new weapons without being hand-coded by a programmer.

According to Take-Two, "Borderlands combines the best in first-person action with player customization and vehicular combat for incredible layers of gameplay depth. The game features a groundbreaking content generation system allowing for near-endless variety in weapons, item drops and character customization."

Interestingly, the shooter lets players level-up their abilities, much like an RPG game, to increase shot accuracy and physical abilities. The game takes place in a futuristic vigilante world (think: Mad Max), and supports four-person coop.

Borderlands arrives on Xbox 360 and PS3 in 2009.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Public Account ; 07-23-2008 at 04:24 AM.
07-26-2008, 11:24 PM #2
Oneinfamous
Former Staff
wow thats alot of weapons 500,000 dang wat if some 1 remembered them all
07-27-2008, 02:24 AM #3
ItsonFire911
Vault dweller
i cant wait till this shit I love RPGS and FPS them together = love
07-29-2008, 02:00 PM #4
well its nice that it has half a million weapons but the game doesnt sound interesting at all...an the pic at top looks bad... but im not goin to judge the game so earlli but wat i hav read about the game an see screenshots na i wouldnt get it if it even had a billion guns..
07-29-2008, 04:08 PM #5
Thats alot! You probly wont get to use half of them lol
07-29-2008, 07:35 PM #6
You will be able to use them because of the weapon generator.
07-29-2008, 09:33 PM #7
ItsonFire911
Vault dweller
Originally posted by njzcolombian View Post
well its nice that it has half a million weapons but the game doesnt sound interesting at all...an the pic at top looks bad... but im not goin to judge the game so earlli but wat i hav read about the game an see screenshots na i wouldnt get it if it even had a billion guns..

its is an FPSRPG so its like fallout buyt its going to be in a way larger scale.i Cant wait just the fact you can advance your guys skilld and shit like and RPG and shoot th shit out of dragons with guns whats cooler than that.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo