Post: ps3 cfw, price ranging, hardware to hack saftey use and setup
01-03-2013, 12:49 AM #1
alchybear
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Just to see what every ones opinion is on prices for a ps3 on cfw and to let others know some safety tips on using some of the hacking hardware devices.

I have seen it alot everywhere from ebay to craigslist and i would say it would be hard to find a ps3 on cfw under $300.
bids may start at $150 but jump always at the last few minutes way above that.
so I just want to put together a price ranging of what it should cost from the size of hdd.
the only thing i am asking is what would you price it at from hdd range?

20 gig -$220
40 gig - $240
60/80g - $260
120 gig - $280
160 gig - $290
250 gig - $330
320 gig - $350
500 gig - $390
1TB - $400
2TB - $450
if bluray laser is bad and never been open must subtract -$80 from the hdd size
if it is backwards compatible add $40 to price
if ylod and never been open but has proof of cfw and can be temped fixed to prove cfw $120 firm hdd dnt matter its a ylod victim.
if ylod and has been open showing no proof of cfw and cnt be temped fix $20 [no proof no fix its a paper weight to all]

does any one agree to this pricings? if not make a comment of what you would price them for.
average PS3 slim with a bad bluray on ebay cost $100-$140 due to happy bidders, just think of this all as a retailer and that you repair and then modify what you have to spend and try to earn back.

newer models 300x 400x can not be downgraded or hacked.
only newer models of the 250xx models can only be downgraded to 4.30cfw rogero, unless they have the metldr 2 then they can not be downgraded at all.
older 2501 models can downgrade just fine to 3.55cfw
200x models - the E3 casing does not fit properly due to the back cutting is needed in the middle and must be modified to fit right.
models CECHH0x -slim have NOR's and are compatible with e3
models CECHA0x -CECHG0x are NAND's require progskeet and lots of soldering or a 48pin tsop clip which sux for its short lasting condition.

items needed in a downgrade.
E3 or progskeet
a external hdd station or a power supply from a pc for the hdd and Esata cable to sata to plug from the e3 to a sata hdd.
a dongle device that allows the ps3 to be put in service mode. or a psp1000/ older 2000 on 5.50gen and use ps3 jig app
--------------------------------------------------------------
progskeet require extras also
solder, 24-26mm thin wire
infectus usb/ if using clips
360 tsop 48 pin nand or 52 nor clip's
windows xp for best use of progskeet
-------------------------------------------------------------
pc need apps
apps to test if back up is good and to fix.
e3 nor dump checker & patcher
flowrebuilder 4.2.3
winskeet for progskeet
possibly more for progskeet i may have one but i have not tested since my e3 flasher still works.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
troubles to be aware of when using e3 flasher on a 200x 210x model slims, make sure you modify the casing so it fits good since e3 can be damaged on the hdd section and break soldered parts due to the middle bump on older slims and the casing for the e3 will ply it up wards damaging it. keep the ribbon is safe smooth bends and do not let it get damaged nicked or cut. here is a image of what i mean to cut in attachment 101_1899.jpg

i have also made a 200x and 250x casing modified and cut out to fit teh e3 flasher and to use e3 linker or progskeet soldered to it easier with a less chance of damaging the solder points. image 101_1900.jpg in attachment should be a 200x 210x compatible cut out using a rotary tool
and image 101_1901.jpg should be the 250xx compatible cut out to make things a little safer with out damaging. slims still work fine without the plastic house casing, so you can downgrade with out setting it back in the main housing

if any one else has anything to add to this about keeping your downgraded hardware safe and any missing info comment ill add!

remember to all noobs also, PS3's are not a cheap 360. your opening up a a prison cell to your ps3 when its hacked to be able to do more than a 360 and ps3 alone. Pretty much turning it into a customized pc.
Last edited by alchybear ; 01-03-2013 at 01:44 AM.

The following user thanked alchybear for this useful post:

GUESS_HU
01-19-2013, 12:13 AM #20
alchybear
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by THEHELL View Post
sorry ,,, i meant to downgrade

and where can i buy progskeet online ???

not sure progskeet requires to much soldering and is no where near as cheap as e3 so you might be better off getting another ps3 system thats compatible with e3 since you seem to be new to this.
01-19-2013, 12:15 AM #21
THEHELL
I am error
aha so where to get a ps3 witch can be jailbroken ??
01-19-2013, 12:22 AM #22
alchybear
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by THEHELL View Post
aha so where to get a ps3 witch can be jailbroken ??

ebay, pawn shops, craigslist are your last choices, you need to look at this to know what exactly is able to downgrade You must login or register to view this content. this will tell you if it has a nor or a nand and what models. also 300xx and 400x are not downgradeable they use a new nor rewritten with new code
01-19-2013, 12:25 AM #23
THEHELL
I am error
ok bro

but isn't there a place that u can buy an already jb ps3 ??
01-19-2013, 12:29 AM #24
alchybear
< ^ > < ^ >
same places i already said, but its illegal. so you will not find it in stores. if you want to pay all the extra shipping i have jb ps3's for sale for U.S. cash or U.S. paypal, but dnt expect them to be cheaper than a new one.
02-23-2013, 10:53 PM #25
HEY there !
I have a 160GB FAT CECHP04, can i downgrade it ??? (and to what fw)

if it possible than i want to know how to downgrade my old ps3
i want have a jb ps3, but im very new at this
can someone help me ?

THX
02-23-2013, 11:00 PM #26
alchybear
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Knife View Post
HEY there !
I have a 160GB FAT CECHP04, can i downgrade it ??? (and to what fw)

if it possible than i want to know how to downgrade my old ps3
i want have a jb ps3, but im very new at this
can someone help me ?

THX

that model is downgrade able. only needs to go to 3.55 all phats are downgrade able but your phat falls into nor memory so it needs a e3 flasher. unless you want to pay for over sea shipping you will need to find some one in your country that downgrades ps3's
02-23-2013, 11:16 PM #27
Originally posted by alchybear View Post
that model is downgrade able. only needs to go to 3.55 all phats are downgrade able but your phat falls into nor memory so it needs a e3 flasher. unless you want to pay for over sea shipping you will need to find some one in your country that downgrades ps3's

How can i downgrad to 3.55 ? I bought my PS3 12 Dez. 2008 (Release Date 10 Dez. 200Cool Man (aka Tustin)
Wasnt there a higher FW on Dez. 2008 ???

by the way, i want to learn how to do it by myself Smile
02-25-2013, 12:34 AM #28
BAZJ89
Haxor!
@alchybear would you be able to make me a very easy way to change the lens on a ps3 slim in pics or vid please the ones on youtube seem very complex :/

<-----not very smart guy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo