Post: PSN Web Store Now Has The Option To Auto-Download When You Turn On Your Console
04-26-2013, 08:08 AM #1
xLew--
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); We’ve spent quite a long time wishing for this function, so we were pretty pleased when it was first announced. But there was a little wait before it actually arrived. Well, now that wait is over: you can tell the Sony Entertainment Network web store that you want to automatically download content the next time your console is switched on.

As you can see from the screenshot below, taken from my own account, there are two lists – one for PS3 and one for Vita.

You must login or register to view this content.

If you go to You must login or register to view this content., where items are added after you purchase them via the web store, you can click the links to choose items previously downloaded and add them to automatically sluice down the interpipes and into your games machine next time you switch it on. You can pick multiple items form the list and they just queue up back at the page captured above. Here’s what it looks like when you’ve picked Thomas Was Alone to download to your PlayStation 3 – as you all should.

If you then turn on your PS3 and leave it idle on the XMB for a few minutes, it’ll automatically start to grab whatever you’ve queued up. If you pick an item that can be downloaded on your PS3 or PS Vita – a cross buy title, for example – you will be shown a prompt to decide which device you want it to go to, or if you’d like it on both.

As you can see, it’s all fairly intuitive. Once you’ve selected your digital goodies, head back to the download queue screen to check they’re all waiting.

Presumably, this will work for PlayStation Plus subscribers who have their console set up to auto-check for updates and patches, too. Should be very handy, come Store update day.

------

This will be a decent feature to use if your away from home, i personally will be using it quite alot!

The following 3 users say thank you to xLew-- for this useful post:

socia, storm2502, TreyarchTragedy
04-26-2013, 06:29 PM #2
ATypicalSe7en
Maggbot timeout!
Nice Feature but I would've guess they would've did this sooner still a nice release nonetheless.
04-26-2013, 06:51 PM #3
Looks nice with a clean finsh!!!
04-26-2013, 07:26 PM #4
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
This was added the same time as the 4.40 FW. Nobody noticed found out a couple days ago about that.
04-26-2013, 09:26 PM #5
xLew--
Former Staff
im going to try this next time the ps+ gets updated while im at work on my phone
04-27-2013, 03:53 PM #6
socia
Gym leader
i never even noticed. thanks for pointing this out.
04-27-2013, 07:31 PM #7
B o n e
S.P.E.C.I.A.L
Nice I didn't know about this :P
04-28-2013, 04:17 AM #8
Burgundy85
Little One
Glad Sony is still keeping the PS3 up to date with how late in it's life cycle it is Smile
05-02-2013, 06:45 PM #9
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by ButtaBurg View Post
Glad Sony is still keeping the PS3 up to date with how late in it's life cycle it is Smile

its almost as if theyre getting the services ready and tested for the ps4, maybe we'll see a few other little things to come

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo