Post: Anybody know how long Tomb Raider will be exclusive?
04-05-2015, 07:38 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I liked the Tomb Raider (2013) reboot, and was looking forward to the sequel coming out this year, only to find out a few months ago, that Microsoft bought out exclusive rights to it for Xbox 360/ONE for a limited time. Whilst this is an incredibly stupid move on the developers' part, and will see them to lose money, I was wondering if anybody has an idea of how long the limited exclusive will last, until PS3/PS4 and PC get the game? I really don't understand why they'd want to be restricted to one console. Hell, even Respawn hated the idea of having Titanfall as a Xbox exclusive -- hence why the sequel is for both PS4 and Xbox ONE. If it's competition with Uncharted...that's a stupid reason, considering that Uncharted is now delayed, and 'sides, Uncharted is Sony-Exclusive, and at that, PS4-exclusive, meaning Tomb Raider would've still got sales off of PS3 and PC. And, oh, one thing...I see a lot of games get their content to Xbox first, and then PC/Sony (i.e. CoD, etc.), so is there any games that release to PlayStation first then to other consoles/PC? If this is wrong section, please move. I would put in PS3 Questions and Support, but then I'd never receive a response.

The following user thanked Frosty for this useful post:

PakMan
04-05-2015, 07:41 AM #2
Originally posted by Frosty
I liked the Tomb Raider (2013) reboot, and was looking forward to the sequel coming out this year, only to find out a few months ago, that Microsoft bought out exclusive rights to it for Xbox 360/ONE for a limited time. Whilst this is an incredibly stupid move on the developers' part, and will see them to lose money, I was wondering if anybody has an idea of how long the limited exclusive will last, until PS3/PS4 and PC get the game? I really don't understand why they'd want to be restricted to one console. Hell, even Respawn hated the idea of having Titanfall as a Xbox exclusive -- hence why the sequel is for both PS4 and Xbox ONE. If it's competition with Uncharted...that's a stupid reason, considering that Uncharted is now delayed, and 'sides, Uncharted is Sony-Exclusive, and at that, PS4-exclusive, meaning Tomb Raider would've still got sales off of PS3 and PC. And, oh, one thing...I see a lot of games get their content to Xbox first, and then PC/Sony (i.e. CoD, etc.), so is there any games that release to PlayStation first then to other consoles/PC? If this is wrong section, please move. I would put in PS3 Questions and Support, but then I'd never receive a response.

2016 will be the PS3/Xbox release.
04-05-2015, 07:43 AM #3
Originally posted by MinecraftUser View Post
2016 will be the PS3/Xbox release.

Any estimate on date? I know 2016, but you know...by then they really will be competing with Uncharted.
04-05-2015, 07:49 AM #4
Any estimate on date? I know 2016, but you know...by then they really will be competing with Uncharted.

I'd say 2016 holidays. :( It's long but oh well.
04-05-2015, 10:33 AM #5
I liked the Tomb Raider (2013) reboot, and was looking forward to the sequel coming out this year, only to find out a few months ago, that Microsoft bought out exclusive rights to it for Xbox 360/ONE for a limited time. Whilst this is an incredibly stupid move on the developers' part, and will see them to lose money, I was wondering if anybody has an idea of how long the limited exclusive will last, until PS3/PS4 and PC get the game? I really don't understand why they'd want to be restricted to one console. Hell, even Respawn hated the idea of having Titanfall as a Xbox exclusive -- hence why the sequel is for both PS4 and Xbox ONE. If it's competition with Uncharted...that's a stupid reason, considering that Uncharted is now delayed, and 'sides, Uncharted is Sony-Exclusive, and at that, PS4-exclusive, meaning Tomb Raider would've still got sales off of PS3 and PC. And, oh, one thing...I see a lot of games get their content to Xbox first, and then PC/Sony (i.e. CoD, etc.), so is there any games that release to PlayStation first then to other consoles/PC? If this is wrong section, please move. I would put in PS3 Questions and Support, but then I'd never receive a response.

This thread can stay here so you can have a discussion about it too :p
04-05-2015, 10:36 PM #6
Originally posted by Insight View Post
This thread can stay here so you can have a discussion about it too :p

Seeing as how it's for Xbox 360, I assume it will be for all last gen systems, excluding Nintendo. After this and Black Ops 3/W@W 2, there's really nothing left for PS3 (Assassin's Creed Victory is next-gen only...), so I'm really looking forward to it...and also! Parkour!! Congrats on promo. Message Vince so he can update the staff list in introductions section. Winky Winky
04-05-2015, 10:50 PM #7
Seeing as how it's for Xbox 360, I assume it will be for all last gen systems, excluding Nintendo. After this and Black Ops 3/W@W 2, there's really nothing left for PS3 (Assassin's Creed Victory is next-gen only...), so I'm really looking forward to it...and also! Parkour!! Congrats on promo. Message Vince so he can update the staff list in introductions section. Winky Winky

Need more exclusives, the more the better haha :p I'm definitely more of a PS than XBOX fan, they need to keep their word when they say it's exclusive Winky Winky
Thanks for the congratulations anyways :wub:
04-06-2015, 06:22 AM #8
bmob10189
At least I can fight

I had no idea That Tomb Raider was in competition with Uncharted, I kno they're similar play style games. The ones that like that game style will buy both anyways. I like Tomb raider over uncharted myself but doesn't mean I'm not gunna buy both. But that does suck that XBOX gets it before PS, and agreed why would any company want to limit it to one system or make an early like release for one, Tomb Raider started on PS anyways, not Nintendo or Sega (the only other competitors at the time), long before XBOX was a thing. I'm surprised God of War hasn't been released on XBOX, I know quiet a few 360 owners that bought a PS3 just so they could play GoW. But you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find you get what you need.
04-06-2015, 06:39 AM #9
Originally posted by bmob10189 View Post
I had no idea That Tomb Raider was in competition with Uncharted, I kno they're similar play style games. The ones that like that game style will buy both anyways. I like Tomb raider over uncharted myself but doesn't mean I'm not gunna buy both. But that does suck that XBOX gets it before PS, and agreed why would any company want to limit it to one system or make an early like release for one, Tomb Raider started on PS anyways, not Nintendo or Sega (the only other competitors at the time), long before XBOX was a thing. I'm surprised God of War hasn't been released on XBOX, I know quiet a few 360 owners that bought a PS3 just so they could play GoW. But you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find you get what you need.

GoW will never go to Xbox. They can't handle the awesomeness that is Kratos. xD I only played Uncharted 1 once, when I first got my PS3...so I never had ventured into that type of setting before. But I know now I'd love it, since I hated TLOU the first 2 playthroughs, but gave you a real chance in January, and absolutely loved it. I would download Uncharted 1-3, but too damn fucking big!!! I have Uncharted 3, but it freezes, so I'll have to end up buying the dual pack, since I can't find the trilogy edition anywhere. i know the trilogy edition is eur only, but damn... $91 You must login or register to view this content. why can't there be an usa version? I mean, I know it'd be the same as just buy each separately, but w/e, lol. I never played Tomb Raider since the PS1 days, and those games virtually sucked. Damn wolves kill me so much, and it's hard to find the way to go. But Tomb Raider (2013) is just epic fun. I want more parkour games. Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed, Uncharted, and Tomb Raider aren't enough!!
Last edited by Frosty ; 04-06-2015 at 06:42 AM.
04-06-2015, 02:50 PM #10
bmob10189
At least I can fight
GoW will never go to Xbox. They can't handle the awesomeness that is Kratos. xD I only played Uncharted 1 once, when I first got my PS3...so I never had ventured into that type of setting before. But I know now I'd love it, since I hated TLOU the first 2 playthroughs, but gave you a real chance in January, and absolutely loved it. I would download Uncharted 1-3, but too damn fucking big!!! I have Uncharted 3, but it freezes, so I'll have to end up buying the dual pack, since I can't find the trilogy edition anywhere. i know the trilogy edition is eur only, but damn... $91 You must login or register to view this content. why can't there be an usa version? I mean, I know it'd be the same as just buy each separately, but w/e, lol. I never played Tomb Raider since the PS1 days, and those games virtually sucked. Damn wolves kill me so much, and it's hard to find the way to go. But Tomb Raider (2013) is just epic fun. I want more parkour games. Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed, Uncharted, and Tomb Raider aren't enough!!

Lmao those damn wolves was a pain. If I played the PS1 Tomb Raider again yes it prolly would suck, but for it's time it was a great game. Only reason I could think of the Uncharted Trilogy only being a bles is due to most of it's sells was Euro, but that does suck. Oh shît here come the wolves.. FUQ!!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo