04-21-2015, 02:05 AM #1
bmob10189
At least I can fight
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Hello everyone. Today Im going to show all of you how to make NAT type open on your PS3. This helps you have a better connection so you wont lag, join all friends parties, be able to hear everyone with a mic or you can host modded lobbies if you have CFW, or even host your own games in whatever gamemode you want to play. This enables the best connection possible to the Playstation Netowk.
For this tutorial your going to need a few simple things

• Wired Internet (Not Mobile)
  • A PS3 (obviously)
  • And a computer

To start out you'll need to get into your router and change the settings. If you don't know how I will show you.
On your PS3 navigate to the Network Settings on your XMB and select Settings and Connection Status List. Whatever your Default router displays will be what you need to type in the address bar on your computers web browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, etc). Also note what your PS3's IP address is which is displayed in the same screen labelled IP Address
NOTE: Your setup will look different then mine unless you use Centurylink. Pics are for a reference and visual images of what to look for in your settings. Hope they help
Example: My default router on my PS3 displays 192.168.0.1
You must login or register to view this content.

So on my computer I open up Google Chrome and at the top address bar I type in 192.168.0.1. You must login or register to view this content.

This brings me to a page that ask for username and password. To find out what yours is look on the bottom or back of your router and you should find a sticker that displays a bunch of things. What you want to look for is Admin Username and Admin Password. Type in these 2 things. You must login or register to view this content.

Step1: Now that your into your router you want to navigate to Advanced Settings or Advanced Setup. You should see a list of options to chose from. Here's an image of what options you want to look for. You must login or register to view this content.

Step 2: Locate and selct IPv4 Firewall then uncheck PS2/PS3 and then scroll down to Apply/Save if its not already, if is then move on.
Step 3: Now you'll need to locate and find Port Forwarding. This is where it gets tricky as different routers have different setups. you can find yours You must login or register to view this content. if your having troubles then skip to the next step for correct forwarding ports.
Step 4: Now you want to select your PS3's IP address. Type in 80 for the starting port and 80 for the ending port, For Protocol select TCP then add or apply.
  • Now it should refresh the page after saving the settings and now type 443 at Starting Port and Ending Port, Protocol select TCP then add/apply
  • Next one is 465 Starting Port and Ending, Protocol TCP
  • Next one is 983 Starting and Ending, Protocol TCP
  • Next one is 1935 Starting and Ending, Protocol TCP
  • Next one is 3478 for Starting and 3480 for ending, Protocol TCP and UDP or Both depending on router settings
  • Next one is 3658 Starting and Ending, Protocol UDP
  • Next one is 5223 Starting and Ending, Protocol TCP
  • The last one is Starting at 10070 and ending at 10080, Protocol TCP and UDP or Both
    Your Port list should look something (NOT EXCACTLY) like this

You must login or register to view this content.

Step 5: Now you want to locate and select DMZ Hosting. Select Enable/Activate, then select or type in your PS3's IP address then Apply. (Mostly all routers allow only one IP address to have DMZ Hosting enabled)
Step 6: On your PS3 go to network settings then Internet Connection Settings and keep everything the same except disable UPnP. This is Plug and Play, with it disabled it allows the ports to be forwarded.
Reboot your router and turn off your PS3. Once your router establishes connection turn your PS3 on and thats it. Your NAT Type will remain at 2 if it was already and if it was 3 then this should change it to 2 or 1 (not sure as I have NAT Type 2) If you have NAT Type 1 then it should already be open. Now start up Call of Duty or any game that displays NAT: Strict/Moderate/Open and it will display NAT: Open

Now you can enjoy a better connection gamming, host modded lobbies, able to join friends who you had trouble with before, and even talk to those who sometimes neither could hear eachother.
Not all things in these pictures will look identical to yours but in general should help you figure it out
And one more thing. Your welcomeWinky Winky
Last edited by bmob10189 ; 09-08-2017 at 05:06 AM.

The following 24 users say thank you to bmob10189 for this useful post:

ĐevĢamiƞg, 187i, 9nty, alialmulal_98, BzrkArts, CalicoWomack, carma66, DaxHou, deeznuts237y178, DiFool, DSG24, Father Luckeyy, FreddieMac, Joel, JrModz, LaRip8, LostSoulSiskel, lucasaf01, mellosesh, mithosyggdrasil, P$ycho, Pringle, TheFreakyClown, WhyUMadKid

The following user groaned bmob10189 for this awful post:

WAT SE JY555vfjv
04-21-2015, 03:44 AM #2
xXRULAYXx
Gym leader
This was so much needed! Happy
04-21-2015, 04:22 AM #3
Fleek Designs
< ^ > < ^ >
How do you this with a comcast box ?
04-21-2015, 04:26 AM #4
bmob10189
At least I can fight
Originally posted by TRILLStudio View Post
How do you this with a comcast box ?

go You must login or register to view this content. and select your router model. but dont follow there way on setting up the ports, follow what I've provided.
04-21-2015, 04:33 AM #5
Fleek Designs
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by bmob10189 View Post
go You must login or register to view this content. and select your router model. but dont follow there way on setting up the ports, follow what I've provided.

My model isn't posted . I guess i have a newer model
04-21-2015, 04:47 AM #6
bmob10189
At least I can fight
Originally posted by TRILLStudio View Post
My model isn't posted . I guess i have a newer model

it should be similar to the others on there. once you get into your router just look around for a bit in advanced settings and you'll find the right settings to change
04-21-2015, 09:34 AM #7
X-Nothing-X
There's way Too Much..
I have at&t, and they give you a Motorola router..but it's such a pain once ur in the administration panel. I can only give one of my three systems an open nat. I'm gonna look into this and check back.

Thanks for posting this!
04-21-2015, 09:51 AM #8
bmob10189
At least I can fight
Originally posted by X View Post
I have at&t, and they give you a Motorola router..but it's such a pain once ur in the administration panel. I can only give one of my three systems an open nat. I'm gonna look into this and check back.

Thanks for posting this!

Yea, mostly all routers only allow 1 IP address to have DMZ hosting. It should still improve some connections as it's Playstation Networks ports that it's forwarding to. That website I left a link for has individual game servers ports as well. If you don't succeed on the consoles that aren't DMZ hosting try the games ports also and see what happens.
04-21-2015, 01:08 PM #9
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
I haven't sticked a thread in a while, so enjoy the sticky Smile

The following 2 users say thank you to Joel for this useful post:

bmob10189, GuardPyro
04-21-2015, 05:50 PM #10
X-Nothing-X
There's way Too Much..
Originally posted by bmob10189 View Post
Yea, mostly all routers only allow 1 IP address to have DMZ hosting. It should still improve some connections as it's Playstation Networks ports that it's forwarding to. That website I left a link for has individual game servers ports as well. If you don't succeed on the consoles that aren't DMZ hosting try the games ports also and see what happens.

I kinda figured you could only do one. I'll have to add the few numbers (ports) and leave it at that. I wanted a way to be able to open 2 systems up. My cfw has the open nat atm, and the ofw is on moderate.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo