Post: Sony to pay millions to gamers to settle the PS3 Linux debacle
06-23-2016, 12:33 AM #1
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So i didn't see this posted and figured i would post it so those that this affects will know what to do.

Basically you'll be eligible to receive $55 if you used Linux on the console and an $9 to each console owner that bought a PS3 based on Sony's claims about "Other OS" functionality.

Here's how to get the money:

The gamer "must attest under oath to their purchase of the product and installation of Linux, provide proof of their purchase or serial number and PlayStation Network Sign-in ID, and submit some proof of their use of the Other OS functionality." To get the $9, PS3 owners must submit a claim that, at the time they bought their console, they "knew about the Other OS, relied upon the Other OS functionality, and intended to use the Other OS functionality." Or the gamer "may attest that he or she lost value and/or desired functionality or was otherwise injured as a consequence of Firmware Update 3.21 issued on April 1, 2010."

So if this affects you then i suggest you follow those instructions and claim your cash.

Source:
You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked OfficialJesseP for this useful post:

Miztatwist666
06-23-2016, 02:41 PM #2
Jon Snow
Di DonDadda
Originally posted by xJustJesse View Post
So i didn't see this posted and figured i would post it so those that this affects will know what to do.

Basically you'll be eligible to receive $55 if you used Linux on the console and an $9 to each console owner that bought a PS3 based on Sony's claims about "Other OS" functionality.

The gamer "must attest under oath to their purchase of the product and installation of Linux, provide proof of their purchase or serial number and PlayStation Network Sign-in ID, and submit some proof of their use of the Other OS functionality." To get the $9, PS3 owners must submit a claim that, at the time they bought their console, they "knew about the Other OS, relied upon the Other OS functionality, and intended to use the Other OS functionality." Or the gamer "may attest that he or she lost value and/or desired functionality or was otherwise injured as a consequence of Firmware Update 3.21 issued on April 1, 2010."

So if this affects you then i suggest you follow those instructions and claim your cash.

Source:

interesting
06-23-2016, 04:32 PM #3
Dj Spikelton
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by xJustJesse View Post
So i didn't see this posted and figured i would post it so those that this affects will know what to do.

Source:

Or here is what i think.. Sony knows CFW is getting harder to detect and they want you to go onto this enter your serial number and PlayStation Network Sign-in ID and then they have your specific Serial number to check if your running CFW and BOOM before you know it your banned.... That's what i think anyways because if Sony was really going to do this they wouldn't do it 6 year years after the Firmware Update 3.21 issued on April 1, 2010 came out would they? ;P

The following user thanked Dj Spikelton for this useful post:

Miztatwist666
06-23-2016, 04:34 PM #4
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
Originally posted by djspike2k8 View Post
Or here is what i think.. Sony knows CFW is getting harder to detect and they want you to go onto this enter your serial number and PlayStation Network Sign-in ID and then they have your specific Serial number to check if your running CFW and BOOM before you know it your banned.... That's what i think anyways because if Sony was really going to do this they wouldn't do it 6 year years after the Firmware Update 3.21 issued on April 1, 2010 came out would they? ;P

Yeah you do bring up a very good point and i wouldn't be surprised if that's what they're trying to do under the guise of giving you the money Happy
06-24-2016, 02:21 AM #5
Dro
i<3myPs3
sketchy...
06-25-2016, 12:43 AM #6
The FlyingAK47
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Dro View Post
sketchy...

Lmao that's what I was going to say...
06-25-2016, 12:44 AM #7
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
Yeah i'm hoping someone from here gives it a go and can report back how it went Happy
06-25-2016, 01:43 AM #8
SharkModding
Do a barrel roll!
Fuck that
06-25-2016, 02:38 AM #9
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
:laughing: it's funny reading peoples comments on this. They're all like:
06-26-2016, 08:47 PM #10
Dj Spikelton
Climbing up the ladder
Agreed.. not a chance.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo