07-24-2016, 06:54 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I want to hear if any of you guys have ever screwed up a reflow... I really just want some people to relate to...

My story;
It was all going good and to plan until I threw a laser thermometer into the mix... The therms weren't reading right and I successfully fried my RSX chip... But hey, I still have a YLOD... :kappa:
08-02-2016, 02:13 PM #2
CPUzX
Haxor!
was using a heat gun on my Xbox360 Elite to reball the XEON HDMI encoder chip and I held a spoon on top of it like an idiot, and the little bga balls went flat and the chip went right out of place. Silly moment indeed.
I then broke another xbox360 by shorting out a mosfet with a soldering iron while attempting to install the RGH chip on my first slim that I bought with my first paycheck.
I've broke like 8 xbox360s so far but no PS3s.
Most of them were all from attempting the RGH as a foolish kid. It made me feel like absolute shit. It might've even been the start of manic depression, it happened so many times and with so little money
08-03-2016, 11:57 AM #3
Originally posted by CPUzX View Post
was using a heat gun on my Xbox360 Elite to reball the XEON HDMI encoder chip and I held a spoon on top of it like an idiot, and the little bga balls went flat and the chip went right out of place. Silly moment indeed.
I then broke another xbox360 by shorting out a mosfet with a soldering iron while attempting to install the RGH chip on my first slim that I bought with my first paycheck.
I've broke like 8 xbox360s so far but no PS3s.
Most of them were all from attempting the RGH as a foolish kid. It made me feel like absolute shit. It might've even been the start of manic depression, it happened so many times and with so little money

Damn that sucks...
08-04-2016, 08:53 AM #4
zaac
Haxor!
I once did a reflow infront of a customer.

He said the console is fine first time it's ever had YLOD...

The security seal was broken before i even picked the console up so i smelt a rat...

Stripped it down. Got about half way through the reflow procedure and the GPU/CPU literally and i'm not joking here... Fell off...........
08-06-2016, 06:30 AM #5
ymh
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by 1337Forensics View Post
I want to hear if any of you guys have ever screwed up a reflow... I really just want some people to relate to...

My story;
It was all going good and to plan until I threw a laser thermometer into the mix... The therms weren't reading right and I successfully fried my RSX chip... But hey, I still have a YLOD... :kappa:

i melted the on and off panal while reballing the RSX i left it next to the soldering iron without realizing it still have not replaced it lol
08-29-2016, 08:39 PM #6
rofls... stuck my old 40 gig launch ps3 in the oven 4 times it fixed it everytime... and lasted months on end. the fifth time i stuck it in the oven i didn't let it cool and when i fished it out of the oven the psu pin connector fell right off the board. so i had no power supply. wish everyone could have seen my jaw hit the floor when that happened.
12-28-2016, 07:27 PM #7
Peekot
Keeper
My saddest story as of yet is that my Playstation 3 freezed and I need to connect my controller with a USB-Cable.. the sad thing in this story is that I have a wireless USB-Controller witch has no need to charge via USB.. I still can't do anything with my system.. :P
01-02-2017, 08:20 PM #8
alchybear
< ^ > < ^ >
Not really trying to repair but more of getting id sets from nand flash chips by removing them, was just heat gunning the board for the hell of it on one of the old fat bitches and saw the hdd socket starting to melt and then got to experience my first capacitor explosion to my face. Remove nands to externally power them with a tsop socket clip and dump with teensy
01-03-2017, 05:21 AM #9
Originally posted by alchybear View Post
Not really trying to repair but more of getting id sets from nand flash chips by removing them, was just heat gunning the board for the hell of it on one of the old fat bitches and saw the hdd socket starting to melt and then got to experience my first capacitor explosion to my face. Remove nands to externally power them with a tsop socket clip and dump with teensy

I used a modified e3 flasher to get that job done easier... Plus that I didn't want to waste another 40 bucks on a slaveboard just so I could do stuff with the nand/nor...

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo