01-12-2017, 05:04 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Accessed my routers settings by entering router IP in web browser.

Looked around for my MAC address. I have a CISCO router which enabled me to modify my MAC address.

Changed MAC address and pressed save at bottom of screen.

Rebooted router and reopened settings to verify they stuck.

Rebooted PS3 and signed in right away. (Not jailbroken)

I went all the way up until today without getting banned. I have a customer who was banned yesterday. He exchanged routers and was able to get back on. Then today at the exact same time that I got banned, he got banned again himself. I was playing on my JB at the time I got banned. A message popped up about the parental control settings and I had to back out. As soon as I went to join lobby again, BLAM! 016. I tried signing in on every device to verify it wasnt simply the console.
01-13-2017, 04:43 PM #11
Originally posted by SeiffyTheGod View Post
But the thing is it will just get banned again within a day and after 24/48hours it will be unbanned.

This is 100% untrue
01-13-2017, 04:44 PM #12
Originally posted by gwinn2 View Post
wont resetting router lose everything ?

No you will not lose a thing. Unplug it for a solid 15-20 minutes. Your router, not ps3.
01-13-2017, 04:49 PM #13
gwinn2
Do a barrel roll!
ok did that and also when my VPN is connected from PS3 to PC and I'm done testing the connection on my PlayStation it just results in four zeros at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen and sometimes it will show up with an IP but I can't sign in and it gives me the error
01-13-2017, 05:29 PM #14
Originally posted by gwinn2 View Post
ok did that and also when my VPN is connected from PS3 to PC and I'm done testing the connection on my PlayStation it just results in four zeros at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen and sometimes it will show up with an IP but I can't sign in and it gives me the error

Try without VPN. If your IP resets by just resetting the router then don't worry about doing this. Did you check to verify your External IP is different now?

Also can you sign in from PC now?
01-13-2017, 05:40 PM #15
gwinn2
Do a barrel roll!
without vpn it works but vpn is all good and working but on pc on local area connection it says no network access as if ip isnt goin through to ps3 ? really need help and my ip isnt banned btw
01-13-2017, 05:46 PM #16
Is there a diagnosis you can run on the connection? I had a customer who also had issues getting online through VPN, but could get online when not using VPN. I'm not to sure on this issue. You are in fact unbanned and the 008 and 016 error codes do relate to other connection problems besides the ban.
01-13-2017, 06:11 PM #17
gwinn2
Do a barrel roll!
yeah it says the local area connection (ethernet ipv4) has no internet so therefore no vpn on ps3 thus results in 0.0.0.0 and also it says private ip starting with 169..... under status list
01-13-2017, 06:27 PM #18
Have you tried rebooting PC? Or disconnecting from router and redoing Internet connection on PC?
01-13-2017, 06:27 PM #19
gwinn2
Do a barrel roll!
ok i troubleshooted it says ethernet (cord going from ps3 to laptop) doesnt have a valid ip configuration

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo