01-12-2017, 05:04 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Accessed my routers settings by entering router IP in web browser.

Looked around for my MAC address. I have a CISCO router which enabled me to modify my MAC address.

Changed MAC address and pressed save at bottom of screen.

Rebooted router and reopened settings to verify they stuck.

Rebooted PS3 and signed in right away. (Not jailbroken)

I went all the way up until today without getting banned. I have a customer who was banned yesterday. He exchanged routers and was able to get back on. Then today at the exact same time that I got banned, he got banned again himself. I was playing on my JB at the time I got banned. A message popped up about the parental control settings and I had to back out. As soon as I went to join lobby again, BLAM! 016. I tried signing in on every device to verify it wasnt simply the console.
01-12-2017, 10:42 AM #2
iDEXModzYT
At least I can fight
I this new baning shit has to do with gta5 rockstar teaming up with sony or someshit.like rockstar new security system can tell when someone is modding and they imediatly report it to sony and sony take action.idk
Thats my guess ,cause when i got ban i was modding gta5 and then it happen the ip ban thing
01-12-2017, 11:33 AM #3
Kronos
Former Staff
Originally posted by fatty View Post
Accessed my routers settings by entering router IP in web browser.

Looked around for my MAC address. I have a CISCO router which enabled me to modify my MAC address.

Changed MAC address and pressed save at bottom of screen.

Rebooted router and reopened settings to verify they stuck.

Rebooted PS3 and signed in right away. (Not jailbroken)

I went all the way up until today without getting banned. I have a customer who was banned yesterday. He exchanged routers and was able to get back on. Then today at the exact same time that I got banned, he got banned again himself. I was playing on my JB at the time I got banned. A message popped up about the parental control settings and I had to back out. As soon as I went to join lobby again, BLAM! 016. I tried signing in on every device to verify it wasnt simply the console.

Its an IP ban, all u need to do is change your External IP. ether reset your router or call your ISP to get it changed.
01-12-2017, 03:07 PM #4
saucedo
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by Kronos View Post
Its an IP ban, all u need to do is change your External IP. ether reset your router or call your ISP to get it changed.

I have at&t uverse, i called them and they didnt want to change it.
01-12-2017, 03:08 PM #5
SeiffyTheGod
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by saucedo View Post
I have at&t uverse, i called them and they didnt want to change it.

What did they say?
01-12-2017, 04:26 PM #6
iZady
NextGenUpdate Elite
Use a VPN - should fix the issue.

I had the same problem. The problem actually fixed itself within a few days.
01-12-2017, 08:46 PM #7
saucedo
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by SeiffyTheGod View Post
What did they say?

They wanted to charge me but i called them again and they reset my modem and it fixed the issue
01-12-2017, 10:02 PM #8
SeiffyTheGod
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by saucedo View Post
They wanted to charge me but i called them again and they reset my modem and it fixed the issue

But the thing is it will just get banned again within a day and after 24/48hours it will be unbanned.

The following user thanked SeiffyTheGod for this useful post:

saucedo
01-13-2017, 04:32 PM #9
gwinn2
Do a barrel roll!
wont resetting router lose everything ?
01-13-2017, 04:42 PM #10
Originally posted by Kronos View Post

Yeah I did try setting my router with no luck. I feel like changing IP without changing MAC will lead to another ban. All I've done is change MAC, which assigns new IP as well, and I'm on day 3 no further bans

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo