01-12-2017, 08:33 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Let me just lay down the initial facts before I explain:

• No, the ban is not permanent
  • Your CID is not banned.

The errors are:

80710016 - When you try to sign into PSN.
80711008 - When you try to create an account or sign into an existing account on a new user.

Now, to explain how and why Sony is banning IPs:

After researching, the authors of the majority of the articles reporting these errors in the past eventually resolved the issue (unbanned after a few days). You can google the error code and see a tonne of articles reporting these errors. The 807110016 error is an IP ban, I confirmed this by using a VPN to access PSN with successful results. So it's not a CID ban as far as I can tell. The 80711008 error was resolved when I used the VPN too.

Sony describes the error as: 80710016 - Playstation Network is down.
Source: You must login or register to view this content.

If you have the 80710016 error then visit this URL: You must login or register to view this content.
And you should see that the title is "Access Denied" and a no permission error in the page body.

I am sure the bans are not related to modding, because my account and console was NOT banned and I managed to sign in through VPN which totally rules out modding. If I was modding, surely they'd ban my CID & Account instead? Because IP banning is ineffective for people with a dynamic IP. I am sure these IP bans are related to a misconfigured rate limiting config on Sony servers. The CFW console probably makes excessive requests to the login API, because us modders sign in and out to run homebrew etc.. which results in a temporary IP ban. Like most rate limiting bans, the IP is stored in memory and set to expire after X hours. Usually 1 day, but a week at max due to memcaching on auth api..

For those saying it's related to GTA V, you might not be wrong. But then again, I experienced this and now I am not IP banned and my console, account and gta 5 online stats remain in same state as prior to ban.

Temporary Solution:

For people with a dynamic Ipv4, if you power off your router for 10 minutes, and then power it back on, you should have been assigned a new public IP thus 'bypassing' the ban. To check if you have a dynamic ipv4 try the method, and note if your public IP changes from before and after. Or just contact your ISP regarding an IP change. For most ISP's like mine, the IP is assigned from a DHCP pool to your routers mac address, so to get a new IP = get a new mac address = get a new router, or use a modem and configure router to modem mode.

Use a VPN, like cyberghost, on your computer then use an app called "Connectify" to host the hotspot for your VPN's network adapter. You can find a tutorial online:

Or just bride your connection if you're going to use a LAN cable. ->

Updates:

I am currently experiencing this error, and expect to be unbanned soon. I'll daily update the status below;

Status: Banned on 12th/Jan/ || Unbanned on 13th/Jan/2017 (was unbanned on that date, but couldn't sign in till 24h later because of sony authentication api cache needed clearing. In the meantime I restarted my router, cleared console history and deleted syscalls. After 24 hours I disconnected from network, and setup network connection using Easy to get the automatic setings. Now logs in perfectly.
Last edited by itzkinghax ; 01-14-2017 at 11:44 PM. Reason: updated and organised thread

The following 5 users say thank you to itzkinghax for this useful post:

#Dragoss, brewing up, carma66, Grezinn, iGreaT xX
01-13-2017, 04:57 PM #11
Updated thread with more information, and updated current status.
01-13-2017, 04:58 PM #12
Originally posted by saucedo View Post
Has Sony said anything about this?

Sony has released no official statement regarding these IP bans at the moment, and I am sure it's not related to modding as I explained in the updated thread.
01-13-2017, 05:02 PM #13
Originally posted by downhillerjan View Post
thanks for fast help but thats my problem xD
i dont have the option to connect my pc with ps3 over LAN because i dont have a wlan card in my pc which let me connect to the internet ...
Maybe there is a solution to bridge the Connection when my Ps3 AND MY PC are LAN-connected to the router ? Smile

You don't require Wireless card in your pc for that method. You connect your computer to your router using LAN, then setup a vpn on your computer and configure your computer to allow other devices to use your computers internet (through control panel), then you plug your ps3 via LAN into your computer, go into your ps3 network settings and select "wired connection" and use auto detect settings.
01-13-2017, 05:35 PM #14
Considering the majority of people reporting the error are modders, I'd have to say it is intentional. Beastmodz has released video with live chat with Sony rep and they tell him his IP is banned due to detected software on his PS3.
I changed my MAC address on my router and was back online in minutes after getting banned. Been 3 days now and haven't been banned again either.
01-13-2017, 05:38 PM #15
You need to think about the logic behind this....
You change your IP cool.... Your MAC is still the same. Pretty obvious it's still the same device. By changing IP is like taking your router to a friend's house and expecting everything to be OK permanently. You didn't change your devices ID so no you will not be ok.
01-13-2017, 05:39 PM #16
As soon as they detect that device again they will ban that IP as well.
it's like logging into a PSN account one after another and getting banned in minutes.... if you don't change your ID you keep getting banned
01-13-2017, 08:15 PM #17
saucedo
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by fatty View Post
Considering the majority of people reporting the error are modders, I'd have to say it is intentional. Beastmodz has released video with live chat with Sony rep and they tell him his IP is banned due to detected software on his PS3.
I changed my MAC address on my router and was back online in minutes after getting banned. Been 3 days now and haven't been banned again either.

Yes i believe it has to do with modding GTA 5. Where can i find this video you're talking about?
01-13-2017, 08:34 PM #18
I am now unbanned, see, it only took patience! Smile
For my case, only about 24h,
01-13-2017, 08:39 PM #19
Originally posted by fatty View Post
You need to think about the logic behind this....
You change your IP cool.... Your MAC is still the same. Pretty obvious it's still the same device. By changing IP is like taking your router to a friend's house and expecting everything to be OK permanently. You didn't change your devices ID so no you will not be ok.

No. If they wanted to, they'd just explicitly ban your mac address then. However mac address isn't transported within the HTTP headers in the request to the login api, so they ban your IP instead. I doubt it's related to modding because they wouldn't outright ban IP addresses because majority of people have dynamic IPv4 addresses allocated to their router upon boot. Also the ban has nothing to do with console, as far as I am aware, because it was a ban issued from the Sony Authentication API not Sony Entertainment Network as a whole.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo