01-12-2017, 08:33 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Let me just lay down the initial facts before I explain:

• No, the ban is not permanent
  • Your CID is not banned.

The errors are:

80710016 - When you try to sign into PSN.
80711008 - When you try to create an account or sign into an existing account on a new user.

Now, to explain how and why Sony is banning IPs:

After researching, the authors of the majority of the articles reporting these errors in the past eventually resolved the issue (unbanned after a few days). You can google the error code and see a tonne of articles reporting these errors. The 807110016 error is an IP ban, I confirmed this by using a VPN to access PSN with successful results. So it's not a CID ban as far as I can tell. The 80711008 error was resolved when I used the VPN too.

Sony describes the error as: 80710016 - Playstation Network is down.
Source: You must login or register to view this content.

If you have the 80710016 error then visit this URL: You must login or register to view this content.
And you should see that the title is "Access Denied" and a no permission error in the page body.

I am sure the bans are not related to modding, because my account and console was NOT banned and I managed to sign in through VPN which totally rules out modding. If I was modding, surely they'd ban my CID & Account instead? Because IP banning is ineffective for people with a dynamic IP. I am sure these IP bans are related to a misconfigured rate limiting config on Sony servers. The CFW console probably makes excessive requests to the login API, because us modders sign in and out to run homebrew etc.. which results in a temporary IP ban. Like most rate limiting bans, the IP is stored in memory and set to expire after X hours. Usually 1 day, but a week at max due to memcaching on auth api..

For those saying it's related to GTA V, you might not be wrong. But then again, I experienced this and now I am not IP banned and my console, account and gta 5 online stats remain in same state as prior to ban.

Temporary Solution:

For people with a dynamic Ipv4, if you power off your router for 10 minutes, and then power it back on, you should have been assigned a new public IP thus 'bypassing' the ban. To check if you have a dynamic ipv4 try the method, and note if your public IP changes from before and after. Or just contact your ISP regarding an IP change. For most ISP's like mine, the IP is assigned from a DHCP pool to your routers mac address, so to get a new IP = get a new mac address = get a new router, or use a modem and configure router to modem mode.

Use a VPN, like cyberghost, on your computer then use an app called "Connectify" to host the hotspot for your VPN's network adapter. You can find a tutorial online:

Or just bride your connection if you're going to use a LAN cable. ->

Updates:

I am currently experiencing this error, and expect to be unbanned soon. I'll daily update the status below;

Status: Banned on 12th/Jan/ || Unbanned on 13th/Jan/2017 (was unbanned on that date, but couldn't sign in till 24h later because of sony authentication api cache needed clearing. In the meantime I restarted my router, cleared console history and deleted syscalls. After 24 hours I disconnected from network, and setup network connection using Easy to get the automatic setings. Now logs in perfectly.
Last edited by itzkinghax ; 01-14-2017 at 11:44 PM. Reason: updated and organised thread

The following 5 users say thank you to itzkinghax for this useful post:

#Dragoss, brewing up, carma66, Grezinn, iGreaT xX
01-13-2017, 09:14 PM #20
I have researched error code 80710016 and here is what i have found: ***NOTICE: THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS TO EVERYTHING***
1. It is GTA V specific... Everyone that is receiving this error is playing GTA. Users who are playing COD's or other games have not.
2. I have had people release/renew or reboot router to refresh the I.P. address and this has worked... However it has not for some...
Others have had to create a new account... Some have switched I.P. address, created a new account and STILL could not sign in until they switched their CID!!!
The lesson here is nobody is sure what the hell is going on!!! I have had multipile people contact Sony so here is a copy of some of these conversations "Make up your own mind"
I have more Information on my facebook page:You must login or register to view this content.
Conversation 1:
David: Hello, My name is David how may I assist you today?
Me: Hi
David: Hi.
Me: So my internet company came out today and swapped out my router and after they left i cant sign into psn
Me: I keep getting a error 80710016
Me: I already talked to them they said to contact sony
David: Do not worry let me find out what happened with your account.
David: For documentation purposes and to update your contact information, would you please provide me with your phone number?
Me: ***-***-****
David: Could you do me a favor and try to sign in on this link You must login or register to view this content. let me know if you are able, please.
Me:
Me:
David: Yes, Triston.
Me: No ot says access denied
David: It appears your IP address has been blocked from using our services because we have detected activity that violates the PlayStation(tm)Network Terms of Service and User Agreement (You must login or register to view this content.).
David: Your ISP has been provided with detailed information. Please contact them for further investigation. Once the matter is resolved, your system will automatically be removed from blocking.
Me: It doesn't even show a website or anything to login to
Me: So i need to contact my internet company again i don't understand i hardly play the game and i don't do anything wrong
David: Understood, as I mention above you will need to contact your internet service provider and explain what we mention on the chat.
David: Please let me know, if besides this request you have another one ?
Me: How am i blocked i haven't done anything
David: Your internet service provider can provide you with the further assistance and once they had fix from their side, you will be able to access to the PSN normally.
Me: Ok
David: Besides this matter, is there anything else that I can do for you ?
Sign In: Sony Entertainment Network
account.sonyentertainmentnetw
01-13-2017, 10:36 PM #21
You must login or register to view this content.
01-13-2017, 10:59 PM #22
Originally posted by jready71 View Post
I have researched error code 80710016 and here is what i have found: ***NOTICE: THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS TO EVERYTHING***
1. It is GTA V specific... Everyone that is receiving this error is playing GTA. Users who are playing COD's or other games have not.
2. I have had people release/renew or reboot router to refresh the I.P. address and this has worked... However it has not for some...
Others have had to create a new account... Some have switched I.P. address, created a new account and STILL could not sign in until they switched their CID!!!
The lesson here is nobody is sure what the hell is going on!!! I have had multipile people contact Sony so here is a copy of some of these conversations "Make up your own mind"
I have more Information on my facebook page:You must login or register to view this content.
Conversation 1:
David: Hello, My name is David how may I assist you today?
Me: Hi
David: Hi.
Me: So my internet company came out today and swapped out my router and after they left i cant sign into psn
Me: I keep getting a error 80710016
Me: I already talked to them they said to contact sony
David: Do not worry let me find out what happened with your account.
David: For documentation purposes and to update your contact information, would you please provide me with your phone number?
Me: ***-***-****
David: Could you do me a favor and try to sign in on this link You must login or register to view this content. let me know if you are able, please.
Me:
Me:
David: Yes, Triston.
Me: No ot says access denied
David: It appears your IP address has been blocked from using our services because we have detected activity that violates the PlayStation(tm)Network Terms of Service and User Agreement (You must login or register to view this content.).
David: Your ISP has been provided with detailed information. Please contact them for further investigation. Once the matter is resolved, your system will automatically be removed from blocking.
Me: It doesn't even show a website or anything to login to
Me: So i need to contact my internet company again i don't understand i hardly play the game and i don't do anything wrong
David: Understood, as I mention above you will need to contact your internet service provider and explain what we mention on the chat.
David: Please let me know, if besides this request you have another one ?
Me: How am i blocked i haven't done anything
David: Your internet service provider can provide you with the further assistance and once they had fix from their side, you will be able to access to the PSN normally.
Me: Ok
David: Besides this matter, is there anything else that I can do for you ?
Sign In: Sony Entertainment Network
account.sonyentertainmentnetw

Router refreshing will only work for those with dynamic IPv4 allocation.
Otherwise the DHCP pool will assign the IP to the routers mac address, unless you use modem mode thus another mad address = new IP.
01-13-2017, 11:01 PM #23
I have been IP banned for 2 days and a half now.
01-13-2017, 11:02 PM #24
Right, I suspect the 80710016 error may be related to GTA V modding because another one of my friends experienced it today.
Looking into it.
01-13-2017, 11:40 PM #25
My friends, It is GTA specific... Anyone NOT playing GTA and modding other games have not experienced this IP ban. And in some cases it is not just an IP ban. I have had people who have had to switch the user account as well as their console I.D. I sell a large volume of downgraded consoles so i have a pretty good following on my face book page.. I have gathered all of this info from a large group of people. You are welcome to check out a couple of my videos on this topic... and of course share any useful information
You must login or register to view this content.
01-14-2017, 01:13 AM #26
Originally posted by itzkinghax View Post
Let me just lay down the initial facts before I explain:

• No, the ban is not permanent
  • Your CID is not banned.

The errors are:

80710016 - When you try to sign into PSN.
80711008 - When you try to create an account or sign into an existing account on a new user.

Now, to explain how and why Sony is banning IPs:

After researching, the authors of the majority of the articles reporting these errors in the past eventually resolved the issue (unbanned after a few days). You can google the error code and see a tonne of articles reporting these errors. The 807110016 error is an IP ban, I confirmed this by using a VPN to access PSN with successful results. So it's not a CID ban as far as I can tell. The 80711008 error was resolved when I used the VPN too.

Sony describes the error as: 80710016 - Playstation Network is down.
Source: You must login or register to view this content.

If you have the 80710016 error then visit this URL: You must login or register to view this content.
And you should see that the title is "Access Denied" and a no permission error in the page body.

I am sure the bans are not related to modding, because my account and console was NOT banned and I managed to sign in through VPN which totally rules out modding. If I was modding, surely they'd ban my CID & Account instead? Because IP banning is ineffective for people with a dynamic IP. I am sure these IP bans are related to a misconfigured rate limiting config on Sony servers. The CFW console probably makes excessive requests to the login API, because us modders sign in and out to run homebrew etc.. which results in a temporary IP ban. Like most rate limiting bans, the IP is stored in memory and set to expire after X hours. Usually a week, max.

Temporary Solution:

Use a VPN, like cyberghost, on your computer then use an app called "Connectify" to host the hotspot for your VPN's network adapter. You can find a tutorial online:

Or just bride your connection if you're going to use a LAN cable. ->

Updates:

I am currently experiencing this error, and expect to be unbanned soon. I'll daily update the status below;

What i dont get is this, i keep getting IP Banned iv been IP Banned more than 3 times now everytime unbanned after a day... its annoying i tried using a VPN but said no internet connection
01-14-2017, 01:33 AM #27
gwinn2
Do a barrel roll!
yeah me too bro
01-14-2017, 02:34 AM #28
Awky
Banned
Originally posted by SoloHoster View Post
What i dont get is this, i keep getting IP Banned iv been IP Banned more than 3 times now everytime unbanned after a day... its annoying i tried using a VPN but said no internet connection

When you use a VPN from PC to PS3, does ur IP change from an actual IP to 0.0.0.0?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo