01-12-2017, 08:33 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Let me just lay down the initial facts before I explain:

• No, the ban is not permanent
  • Your CID is not banned.

The errors are:

80710016 - When you try to sign into PSN.
80711008 - When you try to create an account or sign into an existing account on a new user.

Now, to explain how and why Sony is banning IPs:

After researching, the authors of the majority of the articles reporting these errors in the past eventually resolved the issue (unbanned after a few days). You can google the error code and see a tonne of articles reporting these errors. The 807110016 error is an IP ban, I confirmed this by using a VPN to access PSN with successful results. So it's not a CID ban as far as I can tell. The 80711008 error was resolved when I used the VPN too.

Sony describes the error as: 80710016 - Playstation Network is down.
Source: You must login or register to view this content.

If you have the 80710016 error then visit this URL: You must login or register to view this content.
And you should see that the title is "Access Denied" and a no permission error in the page body.

I am sure the bans are not related to modding, because my account and console was NOT banned and I managed to sign in through VPN which totally rules out modding. If I was modding, surely they'd ban my CID & Account instead? Because IP banning is ineffective for people with a dynamic IP. I am sure these IP bans are related to a misconfigured rate limiting config on Sony servers. The CFW console probably makes excessive requests to the login API, because us modders sign in and out to run homebrew etc.. which results in a temporary IP ban. Like most rate limiting bans, the IP is stored in memory and set to expire after X hours. Usually 1 day, but a week at max due to memcaching on auth api..

For those saying it's related to GTA V, you might not be wrong. But then again, I experienced this and now I am not IP banned and my console, account and gta 5 online stats remain in same state as prior to ban.

Temporary Solution:

For people with a dynamic Ipv4, if you power off your router for 10 minutes, and then power it back on, you should have been assigned a new public IP thus 'bypassing' the ban. To check if you have a dynamic ipv4 try the method, and note if your public IP changes from before and after. Or just contact your ISP regarding an IP change. For most ISP's like mine, the IP is assigned from a DHCP pool to your routers mac address, so to get a new IP = get a new mac address = get a new router, or use a modem and configure router to modem mode.

Use a VPN, like cyberghost, on your computer then use an app called "Connectify" to host the hotspot for your VPN's network adapter. You can find a tutorial online:

Or just bride your connection if you're going to use a LAN cable. ->

Updates:

I am currently experiencing this error, and expect to be unbanned soon. I'll daily update the status below;

Status: Banned on 12th/Jan/ || Unbanned on 13th/Jan/2017 (was unbanned on that date, but couldn't sign in till 24h later because of sony authentication api cache needed clearing. In the meantime I restarted my router, cleared console history and deleted syscalls. After 24 hours I disconnected from network, and setup network connection using Easy to get the automatic setings. Now logs in perfectly.
Last edited by itzkinghax ; 01-14-2017 at 11:44 PM. Reason: updated and organised thread

The following 5 users say thank you to itzkinghax for this useful post:

#Dragoss, brewing up, carma66, Grezinn, iGreaT xX
01-23-2017, 10:24 AM #38
ymh
Treasure hunter
Someone tell me what's with so many people mentioning this ip ban issue, I've not been on very much in last month but I've seen no evidence of this personally but then again I don't mod accounts very often so that could be why can some one clarify this please.
01-24-2017, 01:28 PM #39
If you reset your router you will get a new ip . . .AND THANKS FOR THAT INFORMATIONS . . .
01-25-2017, 08:42 AM #40
iZady
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by deadmanx99xx View Post
Awesome info thanks for the updates everybody! I had experienced this error myself the ip ban didnt even last for a full 24 hours however since the temporary ban I have been hesitant to create more accounts for gta as of yesterday I was able to produce 1 account and signed in normally everything was okay up to the point where I was trying to save the account to the rockstar cloud servers so it can sit for 30 days I usually do this by purchasing a pegasus vehicle and waiting for the little spinny icon in the bottom right corner of the screen to go away. What was strange about yesterdays account was when I purchased the vehicle it said vehicle could not be purchased at this time and that it could not connect to rockstar cloud services which poses a problem as far as creating more accounts. this started happening just after all the ip ban errors people were facing I was thinking about connecting a vpn to the console to see if that will rectify the issue and grant me temporary asylum while I create the account. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Hi - I am currently using 'CyberGhost' VPN connected to my PS3 and it's working great! I also mod accounts, I made 5 accounts two days ago without any issue!
01-28-2017, 10:28 PM #41
brewing up
Can’t trickshot me!
same problem for me on both cfw and ofw, it was fine yesterday playing bf4, i didn't touch gtav Wtf
01-28-2017, 10:52 PM #42
brewing up
Can’t trickshot me!
you can get a new ip by logging into your router and changing connection type from ip routing(ip) to bridged and then save, then put it back to ip routing (ip) and you should have a new different ip address
01-30-2017, 06:44 PM #43
brewing up
Can’t trickshot me!
My reply from PS support

Thanks for your email - I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble connecting to PlayStation Network.

That error code means that your console is having trouble sending data to us over the internet. Most of the time this is fixed by opening up certain ports on your internet router, but don't worry, it's really easy to do!

It’ll be helpful if you can dig out your internet provider's router user guide, as some routers have slightly different ways of changing these settings.

Just look for instructions on how to change port forwarding in your user manual, or contact your internet service provider for advice.

To make sure that you can get online, make sure that you have the following ports opened:

TCP Ports: 80, 443, 465, 993, 3478, 3479, 3480, 5223, 8080 and 10070 - 10080
UDP Ports: 3478, 3479, 3658, and 10070

Additional ports used for other specific functions/features are:

TCP: 9293 (for Remote Play & Remote Start)
TCP: 1935, 2805~2899, 6667 (for viewing or hosting Live Broadcasting)
TCP: 9309 (for Content Manager Assistant)
UDP: 9293 (for Remote Play & Remote Start)
UDP: 9309 (for Content Manager Assistant)

If you're unsure how to open these ports, you can contact your router supplier or a trusted technician for assistance.

Feel free to drop us a line or give us a call to speak to one of our team if you’re still having problems.
02-03-2017, 08:25 PM #44
oblx
Gym leader
How do you get back online with an ip ban
02-15-2017, 04:31 AM #45
rangehe32
Do a barrel roll!
haven't been ip banned yet
02-17-2017, 10:04 PM #46
smw74
Do a barrel roll!
Worked for me all though one of my accounts was hit with a full ban hammer.. One of my favorite accounts Damn.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo