01-12-2017, 08:33 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Let me just lay down the initial facts before I explain:

• No, the ban is not permanent
  • Your CID is not banned.

The errors are:

80710016 - When you try to sign into PSN.
80711008 - When you try to create an account or sign into an existing account on a new user.

Now, to explain how and why Sony is banning IPs:

After researching, the authors of the majority of the articles reporting these errors in the past eventually resolved the issue (unbanned after a few days). You can google the error code and see a tonne of articles reporting these errors. The 807110016 error is an IP ban, I confirmed this by using a VPN to access PSN with successful results. So it's not a CID ban as far as I can tell. The 80711008 error was resolved when I used the VPN too.

Sony describes the error as: 80710016 - Playstation Network is down.
Source: You must login or register to view this content.

If you have the 80710016 error then visit this URL: You must login or register to view this content.
And you should see that the title is "Access Denied" and a no permission error in the page body.

I am sure the bans are not related to modding, because my account and console was NOT banned and I managed to sign in through VPN which totally rules out modding. If I was modding, surely they'd ban my CID & Account instead? Because IP banning is ineffective for people with a dynamic IP. I am sure these IP bans are related to a misconfigured rate limiting config on Sony servers. The CFW console probably makes excessive requests to the login API, because us modders sign in and out to run homebrew etc.. which results in a temporary IP ban. Like most rate limiting bans, the IP is stored in memory and set to expire after X hours. Usually 1 day, but a week at max due to memcaching on auth api..

For those saying it's related to GTA V, you might not be wrong. But then again, I experienced this and now I am not IP banned and my console, account and gta 5 online stats remain in same state as prior to ban.

Temporary Solution:

For people with a dynamic Ipv4, if you power off your router for 10 minutes, and then power it back on, you should have been assigned a new public IP thus 'bypassing' the ban. To check if you have a dynamic ipv4 try the method, and note if your public IP changes from before and after. Or just contact your ISP regarding an IP change. For most ISP's like mine, the IP is assigned from a DHCP pool to your routers mac address, so to get a new IP = get a new mac address = get a new router, or use a modem and configure router to modem mode.

Use a VPN, like cyberghost, on your computer then use an app called "Connectify" to host the hotspot for your VPN's network adapter. You can find a tutorial online:

Or just bride your connection if you're going to use a LAN cable. ->

Updates:

I am currently experiencing this error, and expect to be unbanned soon. I'll daily update the status below;

Status: Banned on 12th/Jan/ || Unbanned on 13th/Jan/2017 (was unbanned on that date, but couldn't sign in till 24h later because of sony authentication api cache needed clearing. In the meantime I restarted my router, cleared console history and deleted syscalls. After 24 hours I disconnected from network, and setup network connection using Easy to get the automatic setings. Now logs in perfectly.
Last edited by itzkinghax ; 01-14-2017 at 11:44 PM. Reason: updated and organised thread

The following 5 users say thank you to itzkinghax for this useful post:

#Dragoss, brewing up, carma66, Grezinn, iGreaT xX
01-12-2017, 08:48 PM #2
Hey thanks for the post Smile i tested a lot of methods but no one worked to 100%.... what can i do if i have a computer without wlan drivers?? maybe anyone have an idea Winky Winky
01-12-2017, 08:55 PM #3
Originally posted by downhillerjan View Post
Hey thanks for the post Smile i tested a lot of methods but no one worked to 100%.... what can i do if i have a computer without wlan drivers?? maybe anyone have an idea Winky Winky

Try this perhaps, you can have your computer hooked up via ethernet to your router then connect to vpn on your computer then do exactly what the fellow in the video does:

The following user thanked itzkinghax for this useful post:

Grezinn
01-12-2017, 09:11 PM #4
iZady
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by itzkinghax View Post
At the moment a lot of the community is encountering errors preventing them from accessing playstation network..

Let me just lay down the inital facts before I explain:

• No the ban is not permanent
  • Your CID is not banned.

The errors are:

807110016 - When you try to sign into PSN.
80711008 - When you try to create an account or sign into an existing account on a new user.

Now, to explain:

After researching, the authors of the majority of the articles reporting these errors in the past eventually resolved the issue (unbanned after a few days). You can google the error code and see a tonne of articles reporting these errors. The 807110016 error is an IP ban, I confirmed this by using a VPN to access PSN with successful results. So it's not a CID ban as far as I can tell. The 80711008 error was resolved when I used the VPN too.

How Sony is banning these IP's:

If you have the 807110016 error then visit this URL: You must login or register to view this content.
And you should see that the title is "Access Denied" and a no permission error.

I assume the bans are related to Sony's misconfigured rate-limiting on their login api, as I had been excessively requesting to log in and only then I noticed the error. But the more likely explanation is that your system probably made an accidental syscall because you forgot to disable them (through psnpatch or whatever). The only reason your ps3 can't login is because it tries to login using the Sony authentication api and your IP is listed in their blocklist temporarily, so it returns the 807110016 error.

Like most rate-limiting applications, the results are stored in memory and set to expire after x hours. (e.g. 24 hours, 48 hours)

Temporary Solution:

Use a VPN, like cyberghost, on your computer then use an app called "Connectify" to host the hotspot for your VPN's network adapter. You can find a tutorial online:

Or just bride your connection if you're going to use a LAN cable. ->

Conclusion:

So my advice to you, if you have the error, is to not worry and just wait it out. I've also had some people tell me that this issue was caused when modding GTA V. I suppose it may be linked to that, as I too was playing GTA at the time of ban. We won't know for sure. But any new details I find, I will enclose here.

Updates:

I am currently experiencing this error, and expect to be unbanned by tomorrow or the next few days. I'll daily update the status below;

Did you get banned using a VPN? Sorry for the dumb question
01-12-2017, 09:41 PM #5
Originally posted by iZady View Post
Did you get banned using a VPN? Sorry for the dumb question

I was not banned for using a VPN.
In fact I had not used a VPN on my console prior to this ban.
I reckon my ban was linked to using mods on GTA 5 because before that I've not encountered any bans..

Anyways updated thread with some small information, I will continue to update daily.
Will update status tomorrow as to if I have been unbanned and what action I will pursue to get unbanned if I am not unbanned after a week.
01-12-2017, 10:09 PM #6
SharkModding
Do a barrel roll!
I got ip ban today lmao
01-12-2017, 10:12 PM #7
Originally posted by itzkinghax View Post
Try this perhaps, you can have your computer hooked up via ethernet to your router then connect to vpn on your computer then do exactly what the fellow in the video does:

thanks for fast help but thats my problem xD
i dont have the option to connect my pc with ps3 over LAN because i dont have a wlan card in my pc which let me connect to the internet ...
Maybe there is a solution to bridge the Connection when my Ps3 AND MY PC are LAN-connected to the router ? Smile
01-12-2017, 11:58 PM #8
Grezinn
Bounty hunter
this shit worked like a champ so freaking easy if you own a vpn watch the and forget the hot spot thnaks for sharing
01-13-2017, 12:51 AM #9
saucedo
Can’t trickshot me!
Has Sony said anything about this?
01-13-2017, 09:01 AM #10
SeiffyTheGod
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by Grezinn View Post
this shit worked like a champ so freaking easy if you own a vpn watch the and forget the hot spot thnaks for sharing

What vpn do you use and is it free?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo