01-12-2017, 08:33 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Let me just lay down the initial facts before I explain:

• No, the ban is not permanent
  • Your CID is not banned.

The errors are:

80710016 - When you try to sign into PSN.
80711008 - When you try to create an account or sign into an existing account on a new user.

Now, to explain how and why Sony is banning IPs:

After researching, the authors of the majority of the articles reporting these errors in the past eventually resolved the issue (unbanned after a few days). You can google the error code and see a tonne of articles reporting these errors. The 807110016 error is an IP ban, I confirmed this by using a VPN to access PSN with successful results. So it's not a CID ban as far as I can tell. The 80711008 error was resolved when I used the VPN too.

Sony describes the error as: 80710016 - Playstation Network is down.
Source: You must login or register to view this content.

If you have the 80710016 error then visit this URL: You must login or register to view this content.
And you should see that the title is "Access Denied" and a no permission error in the page body.

I am sure the bans are not related to modding, because my account and console was NOT banned and I managed to sign in through VPN which totally rules out modding. If I was modding, surely they'd ban my CID & Account instead? Because IP banning is ineffective for people with a dynamic IP. I am sure these IP bans are related to a misconfigured rate limiting config on Sony servers. The CFW console probably makes excessive requests to the login API, because us modders sign in and out to run homebrew etc.. which results in a temporary IP ban. Like most rate limiting bans, the IP is stored in memory and set to expire after X hours. Usually 1 day, but a week at max due to memcaching on auth api..

For those saying it's related to GTA V, you might not be wrong. But then again, I experienced this and now I am not IP banned and my console, account and gta 5 online stats remain in same state as prior to ban.

Temporary Solution:

For people with a dynamic Ipv4, if you power off your router for 10 minutes, and then power it back on, you should have been assigned a new public IP thus 'bypassing' the ban. To check if you have a dynamic ipv4 try the method, and note if your public IP changes from before and after. Or just contact your ISP regarding an IP change. For most ISP's like mine, the IP is assigned from a DHCP pool to your routers mac address, so to get a new IP = get a new mac address = get a new router, or use a modem and configure router to modem mode.

Use a VPN, like cyberghost, on your computer then use an app called "Connectify" to host the hotspot for your VPN's network adapter. You can find a tutorial online:

Or just bride your connection if you're going to use a LAN cable. ->

Updates:

I am currently experiencing this error, and expect to be unbanned soon. I'll daily update the status below;

Status: Banned on 12th/Jan/ || Unbanned on 13th/Jan/2017 (was unbanned on that date, but couldn't sign in till 24h later because of sony authentication api cache needed clearing. In the meantime I restarted my router, cleared console history and deleted syscalls. After 24 hours I disconnected from network, and setup network connection using Easy to get the automatic setings. Now logs in perfectly.
Last edited by itzkinghax ; 01-14-2017 at 11:44 PM. Reason: updated and organised thread

The following 5 users say thank you to itzkinghax for this useful post:

#Dragoss, brewing up, carma66, Grezinn, iGreaT xX
01-14-2017, 02:50 AM #29
Awky
Banned
Originally posted by CGQuinn View Post
i want some gummy worms

i want a reese's edible rn
01-14-2017, 02:52 AM #30
gwinn2
Do a barrel roll!
awky same here 0.0.0.0 using paid vpn and cant sign in either
01-14-2017, 03:59 PM #31
Originally posted by Awky View Post
When you use a VPN from PC to PS3, does ur IP change from an actual IP to 0.0.0.0?

Yes it changes too 192.168.137.xx
01-14-2017, 11:36 PM #32
Originally posted by SoloHoster View Post
Yes it changes too 192.168.137.xx

The public IP changes to whatever IP the vpn dhcp pool assigns you.
All traffic then is transported thru an encrypted tunnel.

The public IP you are assigned is variable, as it is dependent upon which VPN servers the VPN provider purchases. If a VPN provider configures a VPN on 1.3.3.7 and you are connected to that server through your VPN then your public IP will show as 1.3.3.7.

The above IP is for textual reference only.
01-14-2017, 11:37 PM #33
Originally posted by Glitch3dSeba View Post
I have been IP banned for 2 days and a half now.

Your ban has probably expired but some form of cache needs clearing. This could be the auth api cache, console cache or just your computers browser cache.
01-15-2017, 01:01 AM #34
Can't get it to work everytime I get on ghost it never connects.
Everytime I use private tunnel it never connects and my internet isn't a problem.
Please help
01-15-2017, 03:07 AM #35
Sony has started sending emails out confirming the I.P. ban wave ...

Here is the email from Sony...

"IP address(es) were blacklisted from the PlayStation Network [201701126225]

Associated Droplet: DETS8

To whom it may concern,

Pursuant to Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC ("SIE") corporate policy, the below IP addresses were blacklisted from using our services because SIE detected activity that is abusive to our network services. In our determination, the abusive activity was not related to velocity or volume (many users behind the same IP address, i.e. NAT), but matched the specific patterns of known abuse of our publicly available services. This abuse may be the result of a computer on your network that has been compromised and is participating in a botnet abuse of our services.

The following table of IP addresses, dates and times should help you correlate the origin of the abusive activity. The time stamps are approximate from our logs. The actual timing of the events depend on the signature matched. It is very likely to have occurred both before, during and following the times listed.

Approximate Time Range (UTC), IP Address, Reason
2017-01-12 20:43 ~ 2017-01-12 21:13 (UTC), 173.255.21.13, Account Takeover Attempts

It is most likely the attack traffic is directed at one of the following endpoints:

account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com
auth.np.ac.playstation.net
auth.api.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com
auth.api.np.ac.playstation.net

These endpoints on our network are resolved by Geo DNS"

=========================================================================================================================================================

Okay, that is the first email. Here is one I personally received on 2 of my accounts...

"Please do not reply to this email. This is a system generated message.

Notice: Unauthorized or pirated software has been detected on your PlayStation®3 system. This use has violated the terms of both the "System Software License Agreement for the PlayStation®3 System" and the "Terms of Services and User Agreement" for the PlayStation®Network and its Community Code of Conduct provisions. As a result, your account has been permanently banned and access to PlayStation®Network services through your PlayStation ® 3 system has been terminated permanently.

Further information regarding Sony Interactive Entertainment America LLC "Terms of Services and User Agreement" can be found on:
[url=https://www.playstation.com/…/netwo…/legal/terms-of-service/]44[/url]

Further information about account or console bans can be found at: https://support.us.playstation.com/…/Information-on-Banned-A…."
01-15-2017, 06:21 AM #36
Originally posted by jready71 View Post
Sony has started sending emails out confirming the I.P. ban wave ...

Here is the email from Sony...

"IP address(es) were blacklisted from the PlayStation Network [201701126225]

Associated Droplet: DETS8

To whom it may concern,

Pursuant to Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC ("SIE") corporate policy, the below IP addresses were blacklisted from using our services because SIE detected activity that is abusive to our network services. In our determination, the abusive activity was not related to velocity or volume (many users behind the same IP address, i.e. NAT), but matched the specific patterns of known abuse of our publicly available services. This abuse may be the result of a computer on your network that has been compromised and is participating in a botnet abuse of our services.

The following table of IP addresses, dates and times should help you correlate the origin of the abusive activity. The time stamps are approximate from our logs. The actual timing of the events depend on the signature matched. It is very likely to have occurred both before, during and following the times listed.

Approximate Time Range (UTC), IP Address, Reason
2017-01-12 20:43 ~ 2017-01-12 21:13 (UTC), 173.255.21.13, Account Takeover Attempts

It is most likely the attack traffic is directed at one of the following endpoints:

account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com
auth.np.ac.playstation.net
auth.api.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com
auth.api.np.ac.playstation.net

These endpoints on our network are resolved by Geo DNS"

=========================================================================================================================================================

Okay, that is the first email. Here is one I personally received on 2 of my accounts...

"Please do not reply to this email. This is a system generated message.

Notice: Unauthorized or pirated software has been detected on your PlayStation®3 system. This use has violated the terms of both the "System Software License Agreement for the PlayStation®3 System" and the "Terms of Services and User Agreement" for the PlayStation®Network and its Community Code of Conduct provisions. As a result, your account has been permanently banned and access to PlayStation®Network services through your PlayStation ® 3 system has been terminated permanently.

Further information regarding Sony Interactive Entertainment America LLC "Terms of Services and User Agreement" can be found on:
You must login or register to view this content.

Further information about account or console bans can be found at: https://support.us.playstation.com/…/Information-on-Banned-A…."

Ah, So it is sonys new way of banning people so that stickied post is complete trash
01-15-2017, 04:59 PM #37
Awesome info thanks for the updates everybody! I had experienced this error myself the ip ban didnt even last for a full 24 hours however since the temporary ban I have been hesitant to create more accounts for gta as of yesterday I was able to produce 1 account and signed in normally everything was okay up to the point where I was trying to save the account to the rockstar cloud servers so it can sit for 30 days I usually do this by purchasing a pegasus vehicle and waiting for the little spinny icon in the bottom right corner of the screen to go away. What was strange about yesterdays account was when I purchased the vehicle it said vehicle could not be purchased at this time and that it could not connect to rockstar cloud services which poses a problem as far as creating more accounts. this started happening just after all the ip ban errors people were facing I was thinking about connecting a vpn to the console to see if that will rectify the issue and grant me temporary asylum while I create the account. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo