Post: How to get 50% more battery life from PS4 Controller (Battery replacement)
04-16-2014, 09:44 PM #1
Alt
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I am not responsible for you breaking your controller!

Things you will need
-Knife or Scissors
-Smartphone battery. UK Link You must login or register to view this content. £1.95! & US link You must login or register to view this content. $5.15
-Electrical tape or Soldering Iron
-Red and black wire which can be bought of EBAY cheap.

I decided to release a tutorial on how to replace a ps4 controller battery with another but gives 50% more life!. The grey box in the middle is the over charge protection, this is where your battery is housed. The current PS4 battery is 1000mah and 3.65 Volts, we are after 1500mah, this will hold 50% more power. You can use 2000 mah as long as it's 3.6 volts, 3.7 Volts, lithium ion, and the dimensions fit.

You must login or register to view this content.

First things you want to do is cut the Red and Black wires that are connected to the batter ( see picture above ). MAKE SURE YOU START THE CUT THAT'S CLOSEST TO THE OVERCHARGE PROTECTION CASE.

Now that we have the wires you can put the old batter to the side. Take the 2 wires you just cut and peel off a bit of the wires tubing at each end to expose the actual wires, take the 2 wires you bought and twist the exposed end of the Red Battery wires to the red expose end of the wire you bought, apply the same technique to the black wire. You now have extended you wire length ( please cut the wire you bought to a length that the PS4 controller can accommodate, otherwise you will have wires sticking out of every Orpheus. If you have electrical tape which I seriously recommend, put a bit around the exposed wires. You can also you some solder.

Now the next stage is to take the 2 exposed wires on the other end and roll them each into a little ball. Take your balls (sorry) and your battery and put the red wire end ( your ball end ) and attach it to the + sign ( positive) on the gold battery prongs and attach the Black ball to the - ( Negative)of the new battery, attach with some electrical tape. Picture below to see what the gold prongs are, they will be in different locations on different batteries. Please note the picture isn't of the battery we will use, just a guide!

TLAwesome faceR?

Step 1: Take battery out
Step 2: Cut Black and Red wire off the end of the battery
Step 3: Attach Black and Red wire to the 2 wires you bought ( for extension purposes )
Step 4: Get exposed ends of each wire and roll each wire end into a ball
Step 5: Attach Red ball to the new battery via the Positive and Black via the negative, use electrical tape
Step 6: Plug in!

The following 11 users say thank you to Alt for this useful post:

2much4u, A6shRkm, Chen Madhala, FreddieMac, g9g__BASHA__g9g, Helping-Hand, IuseTURBO, Joel, smashedya, Ciri, Toqe
04-16-2014, 09:55 PM #2
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
Good tutorial, but heck I don't want to risk it hahah

The following 3 users say thank you to Joel for this useful post:

Alt, smashedya, user_714
04-17-2014, 11:24 AM #3
xLew--
Former Staff
my phones got a 3000mah or what ever battery, wonder how long that'll make the ds4 last

The following 2 users say thank you to xLew-- for this useful post:

Monkeydad1977, smashedya
04-18-2014, 01:25 PM #4
skaterboy16
< ^ > < ^ >
this is a good post but should have more photos to show ppl every step. like the ball thing show that in the photo after its done. and so on. as not everyone will understand haha.

so again good post. will do this later
04-18-2014, 03:44 PM #5
whyyoumad
Bounty hunter
you could just buy a normal 2000mah battery and install it.

04-18-2014, 08:34 PM #6
How hard is it just to plug i the controller when its gonna die why risk a 60 dollar controller

The following 2 users say thank you to ReVeRTZz for this useful post:

funimation1, rocketforce
05-12-2014, 04:41 AM #7
zecaben
League Champion
good tut, but I won't risk my controller XD
07-12-2014, 03:44 PM #8
New York BOY !
Service Shop Owner ;
Originally posted by Alt View Post
I am not responsible for you breaking your controller!

Things you will need
-Knife or Scissors
-Smartphone battery. UK Link You must login or register to view this content. £1.95! & US link You must login or register to view this content. $5.15
-Electrical tape or Soldering Iron
-Red and black wire which can be bought of EBAY cheap.

I decided to release a tutorial on how to replace a ps4 controller battery with another but gives 50% more life!. The grey box in the middle is the over charge protection, this is where your battery is housed. The current PS4 battery is 1000mah and 3.65 Volts, we are after 1500mah, this will hold 50% more power. You can use 2000 mah as long as it's 3.6 volts, 3.7 Volts, lithium ion, and the dimensions fit.

First things you want to do is cut the Red and Black wires that are connected to the batter ( see picture above ). MAKE SURE YOU START THE CUT THAT'S CLOSEST TO THE OVERCHARGE PROTECTION CASE.

Now that we have the wires you can put the old batter to the side. Take the 2 wires you just cut and peel off a bit of the wires tubing at each end to expose the actual wires, take the 2 wires you bought and twist the exposed end of the Red Battery wires to the red expose end of the wire you bought, apply the same technique to the black wire. You now have extended you wire length ( please cut the wire you bought to a length that the PS4 controller can accommodate, otherwise you will have wires sticking out of every Orpheus. If you have electrical tape which I seriously recommend, put a bit around the exposed wires. You can also you some solder.

Now the next stage is to take the 2 exposed wires on the other end and roll them each into a little ball. Take your balls (sorry) and your battery and put the red wire end ( your ball end ) and attach it to the + sign ( positive) on the gold battery prongs and attach the Black ball to the - ( Negative)of the new battery, attach with some electrical tape. Picture below to see what the gold prongs are, they will be in different locations on different batteries. Please note the picture isn't of the battery we will use, just a guide!

TLAwesome faceR?

Step 1: Take battery out
Step 2: Cut Black and Red wire off the end of the battery
Step 3: Attach Black and Red wire to the 2 wires you bought ( for extension purposes )
Step 4: Get exposed ends of each wire and roll each wire end into a ball
Step 5: Attach Red ball to the new battery via the Positive and Black via the negative, use electrical tape
Step 6: Plug in!

Instead of cutting the black and red wire one can just disconnect them . . then plugging in the new batter, tf.
07-29-2014, 09:46 AM #9
Good Tut Bro Happy
09-30-2014, 01:17 AM #10
Pure NV
Error… Cat invasion!
another tip is to buy a 3 meter samsung charger and just plug it into a wall adapter while you play, i do this all the time

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo