Post: The Evil Within 2 [USA CUSA06166] Times Saved & Playtime Modding
10-15-2018, 02:21 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So for anyone still playing The Evil Within 2, I was trying to mod a starter save in Classic Mode for the community by changing the number of limited saves. Normally Classic Mode limits you to 7 saves only, so what I'm trying to do is change the "number of times saved" stored in the save file to zero. My hope is that when the game loads up it will see that you have saved zero times, and so it will reset your counter and give you the full 7 remaining saves at any time during your playthrough. I have found where the game save stores the number of times saved, as well as the playtime if anyone is interested in bringing their game time back to 00:00:00. If you open Advanced Mode on your save, these values are stored just after the end of your inventory, which you can see in the image below is a few lines after the first projector slide (gaiden/slidefilm/01) that can be picked up in the beginning of Chapter 2. Playtime is stored in units of seconds a few lines below (in little endian), and the number of times saved is one line below that.

You must login or register to view this content.

I've compared multiple saves on Classic Mode at the beginning of Chapter 2 where the only differing items are the playtime and the number of times saved, so I can say with certainty that the "02" in green is the number of times saved. (With each time saved, that number increased up to the maximum of "07"). Additionally, there are 4 bytes at the very end of the save that appear to have changed with each save, but my attempts to match them with the same values from my save with "6 Saves Remaining" did not appear to have any effect. Does anyone have any advice on this topic? I would really like to make a starter save on Classic Mode for the community for the one year anniversary for this game; and I am really hoping that the number of "Remaining Saves" is not stored in the .bin files associated with each game save since Save Wizard does not recognize these files.

The following 2 users say thank you to NegaBioLizard for this useful post:

KleberMishima, Mephisto13

The following user groaned NegaBioLizard for this awful post:

Xx-GIPPI-xX
10-15-2018, 02:31 PM #2
luix
Little One
Originally posted by NegaBioLizard View Post
So for anyone still playing The Evil Within 2, I was trying to mod a starter save in Classic Mode for the community by changing the number of limited saves. Normally Classic Mode limits you to 7 saves only, so what I'm trying to do is change the "number of times saved" stored in the save file to zero. My hope is that when the game loads up it will see that you have saved zero times, and so it will reset your counter and give you the full 7 remaining saves at any time during your playthrough. I have found where the game save stores the number of times saved, as well as the playtime if anyone is interested in bringing their game time back to 00:00:00. If you open Advanced Mode on your save, these values are stored just after the end of your inventory, which you can see in the image below is a few lines after the first projector slide (gaiden/slidefilm/01) that can be picked up in the beginning of Chapter 2. Playtime is stored in units of seconds a few lines below (in little endian), and the number of times saved is one line below that.

You must login or register to view this content.

I've compared multiple saves on Classic Mode at the beginning of Chapter 2 where the only differing items are the playtime and the number of times saved, so I can say with certainty that the "02" in green is the number of times saved. (With each time saved, that number increased up to the maximum of "07"). Additionally, there are 4 bytes at the very end of the save that appear to have changed with each save, but my attempts to match them with the same values from my save with "6 Saves Remaining" did not appear to have any effect. Does anyone have any advice on this topic? I would really like to make a starter save on Classic Mode for the community for the one year anniversary for this game; and I am really hoping that the number of "Remaining Saves" is not stored in the .bin files associated with each game save since Save Wizard does not recognize these files.

number of saves is stored in the "game.tsb" file. sadly you can't access it with SW (only global.tsb is allowed in AM).
make a starter save with infinite HP and you don't have to worry about the number of saves. Winky Winky

greets luix
Last edited by luix ; 10-15-2018 at 02:50 PM.
10-15-2018, 06:50 PM #3
Originally posted by luix View Post
number of saves is stored in the "game.tsb" file. sadly you can't access it with SW (only global.tsb is allowed in AM).
make a starter save with infinite HP and you don't have to worry about the number of saves. Winky Winky

greets luix

Thanks for the info, it sucks to have spent so much time combing my various saves just to hit a dead end. But you can mod your HP? I never tried it since the game doesn't give you a discrete value for HP. Could I ask you to take a screenshot of the approximate location for me?
10-17-2018, 08:28 AM #4
frez0r
Gym leader
Originally posted by NegaBioLizard View Post
Thanks for the info, it sucks to have spent so much time combing my various saves just to hit a dead end. But you can mod your HP? I never tried it since the game doesn't give you a discrete value for HP. Could I ask you to take a screenshot of the approximate location for me?

Yes, a kind of "god mode" starter save would be really nice for this game. But I guess it´s not easy to do since no one ever did it before despite the game having advanced mode in SW. Let´s see what luix says. Thanks for your efforts!
12-28-2020, 01:25 PM #5
Originally posted by luix View Post

Could you please tell me how?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo