12-28-2019, 04:01 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I was trying to use a PC Savegame of the Witcher 3 on the PS4.
Looking into a ".sav" from the PC and the ".sav" part of a PS4 Savegame, they both look very similiar. So I tried to replace the one inside a PS4 File with a PC .sav using "Advanced Mode" -> "Import File" of Save Wizard.
But this didn't succeed. Save Wizard terminates with "There is an issue with the Server".
So I was wondering if someone tried something like this and already figured it out.

The background of my attempt was: I found an "Enhanced Starter Save" online, but this was made for the PC Version. I would be also happy with another source for a cool Starter Save for the PS4.

Thanks in advance.

The following user thanked BlankReg for this useful post:

vipquatavg
12-28-2019, 04:08 PM #2
ktohaan
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by BlankReg View Post
I was trying to use a PC Savegame of the Witcher 3 on the PS4.
Looking into a ".sav" from the PC and the ".sav" part of a PS4 Savegame, they both look very similiar. So I tried to replace the one inside a PS4 File with a PC .sav using "Advanced Mode" -> "Import File" of Save Wizard.
But this didn't succeed. Save Wizard terminates with "There is an issue with the Server".
So I was wondering if someone tried something like this and already figured it out.

The background of my attempt was: I found an "Enhanced Starter Save" online, but this was made for the PC Version. I would be also happy with another source for a cool Starter Save for the PS4.

Thanks in advance.

If you are using Advanced Mode, before clicking on import file, change the value of one of the bytes with the same one and then try importing. You will not get that error message then. I am not sure whether that would work in terms of PC to PS4 but it would not give you that error.

EX: When Advanced mode is open you will see things like this:

00 E1 0F FF

Just go to any of those values and replace it with the same value. So I can go to the E1 and type E on the E value. This will fix the error when clicking on Import File and clicking Apply
12-28-2019, 04:28 PM #3
Originally posted by ktohaan View Post
Originally posted by BlankReg View Post
I was trying to use a PC Savegame of the Witcher 3 on the PS4.

Thanks in advance.

If you are using Advanced Mode, before clicking on import file, change the value of one of the bytes with the same one and then try importing. You will not get that error message then. I am not sure whether that would work in terms of PC to PS4 but it would not give you that error.

EX: When Advanced mode is open you will see things like this:

00 E1 0F FF

Just go to any of those values and replace it with the same value. So I can go to the E1 and type E on the E value. This will fix the error when clicking on Import File and clicking Apply

Thank you for your proposal. But that is not the error I mean. That step explained by you is no deal breaker.
My error appears after clicking on apply, during this phase where the Desktop Client communicates with the server. It shows "Waiting for response from Server..." and before the dowloading process begins, my mentioned error pops up.
12-28-2019, 08:55 PM #4
I dont think you can transfer save Tw3 from pc to ps4. I have tried and done it before and once I load pc save I import game just telling me save is damage and bring me back to menu game

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo