05-24-2017, 11:27 AM #1
mroshaw
Pokemon Trainer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I've been playing around with Dark Souls 3 along with Advanced Mode in Save Wizard and wanted to share some useful findings in as straight forward a way as possible.

My main goal was to modify inventory quantities and switch items, mainly titanite so that I could fully upgrade weapons. Lots of credit goes out to the authors of this You must login or register to view this content. that I found on GitHub. I've translated these item id's into little endian, so that you can directly copy and paste into the search dialog. You can You must login or register to view this content..

Editing inventory items and quantities is really, really straight forward. Here's a simple guide:

1. Note down the item names and quantities that you have in your game
  2. Copy your save to a USB device
  3. You must login or register to view this content. of those items that you want to increase or replace
  4. Load up Save Wizard, right click and select Advanced Mode
  5. Select the character profile that you want to edit, from the drop down
  6. Search for the item id that you want to modify. You do this by telling the SW search box that you're searching in hex by prefixing the item id with "0x". So, if you're modding "Titanite Shards", search for: 0xE8030040
  7. Check the value to the right of the location found and you should see the quantity that you currently have. If not, search again until you find it
  8. To increase the value, replace the existing quantity with the hex "63" - this is 99 in binary and the most of an item you can have in your inventory
  9. If you want to replace an item with something else, You must login or register to view this content. and copy down the little endian item id of the new item you want
  10. Replace the whole value found, representing the original item id, with the new item id. For example, to replace your Titanite Shards with Titanite Slabs, change "E8030040" to "EA030040"
  11. Apply your changes in SW
  12. Copy your save back to system, start the game and check your inventory

Adding new items (as opposed to replacing items already in your inventory) is something I'm going to explore next, as well as identifying the difference between inventory items and storage items.
Last edited by mroshaw ; 05-24-2017 at 11:29 AM.

The following 29 users say thank you to mroshaw for this useful post:

aksa2014, algenteel, amontre, b1p3daL, basehype, Brakyos, Cap77, darkking2022**, Empireyyhz, [email protected], Herobrine344, hgfghytfhhhf, ignored467, igors, jgilles02, lastigeturk, lucianotelles, Mario007, Mezzosangue94, robertjogden22, sebycurv5, SHAkA, SKTT1_Jesse, STVBDKD, sung6399, Tinman617, Torchbro, viniciusventrue, XboxOffender

The following 2 users groaned at mroshaw for this awful post:

seena65, Xx-GIPPI-xX
08-11-2017, 04:07 PM #20
Sekii
Save Point
Anyone knows how to replace items? I can't manage it to work. Tried to change Crystal scroll for a tomb, it dont work.
08-11-2017, 04:21 PM #21
rafadutra
Save Point
Originally posted by Sekii View Post
Anyone knows how to replace items? I can't manage it to work. Tried to change Crystal scroll for a tomb, it dont work.

I made it only in storage, with same type items, like weapon to weapon, or ring to ring. And remember to replace all IDs, there are 2 or 3 for each item. For caution enter offline, so they cant locate invalid data if something go wrong. Good luck

The following user thanked rafadutra for this useful post:

Brakyos
08-11-2017, 05:21 PM #22
Kyoshiro
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Sekii View Post

From my experience,

You can ONLY swap items that are in the same class. Such as Weapons with weapons. I tried Rings before, but none of them worked. Even item swapping did not work with me. So it varies from person to person.
12-28-2017, 03:55 AM #23
Anyone know why you can't use this to replace a stack of Souls of a Deserted Corpse for say Soul of a Great Champion or even Soul of a Crestfallen Knight? It let me swap armor for armor, and I did the same thing for the soul stacks, but it didn't work.

The following user thanked Nonernoner for this useful post:

Brakyos
12-28-2017, 01:59 PM #24
nodaicrag
Save Point
Any body know why item replacing is not working? I tried to switch titanite shard for titanite slab and it didn't work. E8030040 to EB030040. I found one extra code sometimes for a few of the items which I don't quite understand because I'm simply thinking you can find 2 of the codes, one in storage and one in the active that the character is holding.

I also tried to test and swtich estus shard for undead bone shard and it didn't work too.

Any thoughts? Thank you.

The following user thanked nodaicrag for this useful post:

Brakyos
12-31-2017, 12:48 AM #25
Yeah it won't let me convert Shards for Slabs either. To test I had 5 Shards in inventory and none in storage. When changing all Shard values for Slab values, I still have the 5 Shards in my inventory, but it's glitched out. To the side it says I have 0 in storage and in inventory despite holding 5, and when I try to select it to either leave it or discard it or whatever, the little menu that pops up to do so instantly disappears, so I can't do anything with the Shards.

If we get one Slab, we could change the value for the quantity, but I don't know how to recognize the binary value for 1 in the hex editor in the first place before I can change it to 63. So I don't know what value I'd even change once I get a Slab.

The following user thanked Nonernoner for this useful post:

Brakyos
12-31-2017, 02:01 AM #26
Never mind. Actually did some more testing. You can max out Titanite Slabs by just getting 2.

I had 99 Prism Stones and in the hex editor I found the value for 63. When the line of code you're searching for is on the right side of the hex values (RIGHT after the address), the next two numbers after the code will be the number you have. By that I mean, the very next two numbers in the sequence. Buy 99 Prism Stones and check for yourself to make sure you know where the value to edit is.

If you have any in storage as well, hitting "Find" a few more times when searching the hex value for the item will highlight it again on the right side. This is the storage value. I did this by searching for the hex value of my Fading Soul. It first found the value for the inventory, with 63 coming right after the sequence of numbers. I then hit find 2 more times till it highlighted another row of the same code on the right side, followed by 5802. That's the max storage value.

For some reason, using Quick Mode to give yourself max items will max out both the item in your inventory and your storage as long as you have at least one of the item in both inventory and storage. If it's just in your inventory, it'll only max that, and likewise if it's only in storage. Having 1in both will give you 699.

But this wouldn't work for boss souls. I had 1 in both inventory and storage, but it will only max out my inventory.

So I went to Advanced Mode again and searched the hex values for each boss soul I had. It showed the one row followed by 63, which was my inventory, and again found a row that was just followed by 0100. I manually changed those values to 5802 and checking right now, I have 99 in inventory and 600 in storage.

So all you have to do is get a Titanite Slab and manually edit the value from 01 to 63. Then move one to storage and do it again, changing it from 01 to 5802.

Edit: So doing it again, the sequence of numbers won't ALWAYS be on the right side right after the address value, but there will be space for more numbers following the hex value on the row regardless, and those very next numbers re the ones edited.
Last edited by Nonernoner ; 12-31-2017 at 02:43 AM.
12-31-2017, 12:06 PM #27
nodaicrag
Save Point
Thanks,

Yes, I was able to edit values and give myself 99 by using 63. But, I was trying to figure out how to edit the values without not having to get the slab. LOL, I was trying to get the slab at the very beginning of the game to give myself a +10 weapon, since you can get titanite shards, titanite, chunks, twinkling and titanite scale at the very start of the game and then making those 99/600 if you want. (I get them by having a friend drop me items so I can trade pickle pee for chunks, titanite, etc.) So I can get to +9, just wanted to go further and make it a +10 for fun at the very beginning of the game (even though with >+3 you probably couldn't summon anyone at the High Wall of Lothric).

I changed a titanite shard value to slabs and it sort of worked. In storage it said titanite shards, so I actually had 2 spots for titanite shards in storage. When I brought it to active and went to upgrade my weapons, it actually brought me to +10, even though it was saying titanite shard, it was actually a slab.

What I'm really trying to do was change estus shard into undead bone shard. I am able to max out my estus at 15, but after it's not working to change it to bone shard so I can be maxed out on estus at the beginning of the game.
02-13-2018, 04:35 AM #28
I've been able to edit in some armor, but it always appears in my consumables. I tried different types of armor, but nothing worked. Anybody willing to send me in the right direction?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo