05-24-2017, 11:27 AM #1
mroshaw
Pokemon Trainer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I've been playing around with Dark Souls 3 along with Advanced Mode in Save Wizard and wanted to share some useful findings in as straight forward a way as possible.

My main goal was to modify inventory quantities and switch items, mainly titanite so that I could fully upgrade weapons. Lots of credit goes out to the authors of this You must login or register to view this content. that I found on GitHub. I've translated these item id's into little endian, so that you can directly copy and paste into the search dialog. You can You must login or register to view this content..

Editing inventory items and quantities is really, really straight forward. Here's a simple guide:

1. Note down the item names and quantities that you have in your game
  2. Copy your save to a USB device
  3. You must login or register to view this content. of those items that you want to increase or replace
  4. Load up Save Wizard, right click and select Advanced Mode
  5. Select the character profile that you want to edit, from the drop down
  6. Search for the item id that you want to modify. You do this by telling the SW search box that you're searching in hex by prefixing the item id with "0x". So, if you're modding "Titanite Shards", search for: 0xE8030040
  7. Check the value to the right of the location found and you should see the quantity that you currently have. If not, search again until you find it
  8. To increase the value, replace the existing quantity with the hex "63" - this is 99 in binary and the most of an item you can have in your inventory
  9. If you want to replace an item with something else, You must login or register to view this content. and copy down the little endian item id of the new item you want
  10. Replace the whole value found, representing the original item id, with the new item id. For example, to replace your Titanite Shards with Titanite Slabs, change "E8030040" to "EA030040"
  11. Apply your changes in SW
  12. Copy your save back to system, start the game and check your inventory

Adding new items (as opposed to replacing items already in your inventory) is something I'm going to explore next, as well as identifying the difference between inventory items and storage items.
Last edited by mroshaw ; 05-24-2017 at 11:29 AM.

The following 29 users say thank you to mroshaw for this useful post:

aksa2014, algenteel, amontre, b1p3daL, basehype, Brakyos, Cap77, darkking2022**, Empireyyhz, [email protected], Herobrine344, hgfghytfhhhf, ignored467, igors, jgilles02, lastigeturk, lucianotelles, Mario007, Mezzosangue94, robertjogden22, sebycurv5, SHAkA, SKTT1_Jesse, STVBDKD, sung6399, Tinman617, Torchbro, viniciusventrue, XboxOffender

The following 2 users groaned at mroshaw for this awful post:

seena65, Xx-GIPPI-xX
05-24-2017, 12:09 PM #2
SHAkA
League Champion
thanks for the item list. i want to mode something that the game wont banned me is it possible ?

The following user thanked SHAkA for this useful post:

darkking2022**
05-25-2017, 12:34 PM #3
mroshaw
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by SHAkA View Post
thanks for the item list. i want to mode something that the game wont banned me is it possible ?

From Software / Bandai do state in their terms and conditions that any save modding, if detected, will result in an online ban. Every time I've used SW to mod my save, I've eventually been issued with a warning and online ban. Doesn't bother me, as I don't play online. Best advice is, if you do play online, don't mod your save.

The following user thanked mroshaw for this useful post:

SHAkA
05-25-2017, 02:14 PM #4
Lbpftw
Keeper
Thanks! I managed to swap out some weapons and armor but i can not get covenent items swapped to stick. Any ideas as to why even after changing the value of firebombs for example to proofs and saving the changes when loaded revert back to firebombs. The quantity changes for these items does stick just not the item swapping itself
05-25-2017, 03:37 PM #5
mroshaw
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by Lbpftw View Post
Thanks! I managed to swap out some weapons and armor but i can not get covenent items swapped to stick. Any ideas as to why even after changing the value of firebombs for example to proofs and saving the changes when loaded revert back to firebombs. The quantity changes for these items does stick just not the item swapping itself

Do you have firebombs equipped, by any chance? Do you have any other covenant items that you could try swapping for other covenant items?

I found that I had to "unequip" items before swapping them, for the changes to stick. I've also only ever tried swapping "like for like" items - titanite shards for tinanite slabs, chain gauntlets for Wolf Knight gauntlets, etc. There are definitely some limitations to what you can and cannot swap and I'll update the main post as and when I understand those.

I've managed to swap out armour, gems and titanite - I now have the Wolf Knight armour set, +8 weapons and unlimited HP and can finally enjoy the game!

The following user thanked mroshaw for this useful post:

Mario007
05-25-2017, 03:57 PM #6
Arkiuz
Haxor!
Originally posted by SHAkA View Post

I would think that save editing is difficult to detect. If you're not mucking up the values of items. Say, like giving a character 900000 attack value on a broken straight sword.
05-25-2017, 07:41 PM #7
Xx-GIPPI-xX
Modding Passion
Originally posted by mroshaw View Post
Do you have firebombs equipped, by any chance? Do you have any other covenant items that you could try swapping for other covenant items?

I found that I had to "unequip" items before swapping them, for the changes to stick. I've also only ever tried swapping "like for like" items - titanite shards for tinanite slabs, chain gauntlets for Wolf Knight gauntlets, etc. There are definitely some limitations to what you can and cannot swap and I'll update the main post as and when I understand those.

I've managed to swap out armour, gems and titanite - I now have the Wolf Knight armour set, +8 weapons and unlimited HP and can finally enjoy the game!

What you say you have discovered has already been discovered time ago
No matter if you come from an inventory an object is enough to change it in all position in the save ( generally is four position) one in equipment , one in inventory, two in storage .......
For create the new slot in storage without have item you need know the position where you want put your item.....
Ex: the inventory start with cosumable and have many slot.......every slot have a binary code...you need know exactly the sequence of byte for create new slots ....i dubt that you know!!!!
For now we be content for swap item with new item
05-25-2017, 09:34 PM #8
mroshaw
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by xX View Post
What you say you have discovered has already been discovered time ago
you need know exactly the sequence of byte for create new slots ....i dubt that you know!!!!

Does no harm to anyone to post info, whether it's been "discovered" already or not. And yes, it's just a byte sequence, so within the confines of advanced mode, anything's technically possible. As you say, though, it's probably not worth the effort when it's so easy to swap items, even if SW did offer the ability to insert new byte sequences into the save.
05-25-2017, 10:04 PM #9
Xx-GIPPI-xX
Modding Passion
Originally posted by mroshaw View Post
Does no harm to anyone to post info, whether it's been "discovered" already or not. And yes, it's just a byte sequence, so within the confines of advanced mode, anything's technically possible. As you say, though, it's probably not worth the effort when it's so easy to swap items, even if SW did offer the ability to insert new byte sequences into the save.

I do not know if you understand what I mean
Recreating the byte sequence for slots is very difficult because there are over 25 slots per category and if for example you have 3 items in that category and then one in the next one in the save you will see the byte sequence for the beginning of the second category .. you will need Recreate the previous 22 of the previous category ...... I hope I'm well explained
and not possible add mani byte of sequence with Save Wizard because you increase size of save data....!!!!!!
Last edited by Xx-GIPPI-xX ; 05-25-2017 at 10:06 PM.
05-25-2017, 10:49 PM #10
mroshaw
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by xX View Post
I do not know if you understand what I mean!

Yep, I get it. All good!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo