06-23-2017, 06:52 PM #1
Kyoshiro
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Alright, now that SaveWizard is finally supporting save resigning, and one that works properly, I just have something to say about the Plat saves here.

Now, don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the work that's been put into the saves, but as it stands, Platinum saves are kinda not helpful. I mean, yes, it's your plat save, for you (the uploader.) But to anyone else, it's just a save, with everything mostly done. Yeah, you probably can get away with doing - xKills, xSpecial Moves, etc etc, but it's not really a proper save set. Platinum saves can get you those grindy end trophies, but they're no save sets.

Imo, it's just my two cents. I'm not docking anyone, but if you drop a platinum save, and basically say "here's a plat save, have fun" with no clear, or proper instructions, it's kinda weird, you know?*

The following 7 users say thank you to Kyoshiro for this useful post:

Cloud, Frosty, manabyte77, kankuro33, xB-Crafty, xiipord, ZaRaKiii
06-23-2017, 07:02 PM #2
Agreed wholeheartedly on this

The following user thanked xiipord for this useful post:

Kyoshiro
06-23-2017, 07:52 PM #3
manabyte77
Little One
Thank you Kyo, I was thinking the exact same thing. We need save "sets".

The following user thanked manabyte77 for this useful post:

Kyoshiro
06-23-2017, 09:42 PM #4
I completely agree with you on this we need either save sets or a save with 1 kill away, 1 easy combo (for fighting game trials) or a low amount of exp away from a level up ect. a lot of trophies pop when the requirement is met not after the fact
06-23-2017, 10:07 PM #5
Cloud
Life Savior
Exactly if people want to help out the community, we need to make saves before we unlock the trophy because plat saves don't unlock anything or just a few, and I tried a couple of them and get 0 trophies out of them.
06-24-2017, 04:57 PM #6
xSOADx
Banana Joe
Originally posted by Cloud View Post
Exactly if people want to help out the community, we need to make saves before we unlock the trophy because plat saves don't unlock anything or just a few, and I tried a couple of them and get 0 trophies out of them.

Tried a few and all gave me at least 1 trophy, some like sniper elite 3 give a lot for just working a few min with it.

the reason most people didnt make any save sets yet is probably that we had no resigner so there were no reason to create them. At least thats the reason for me, ill probably do some save sets now that we got a fully working save resigner

I also got some modded starter saves ill add in the next days
Last edited by xSOADx ; 06-24-2017 at 05:00 PM.

The following 2 users say thank you to xSOADx for this useful post:

Cloud, xLew--
06-24-2017, 08:24 PM #7
Cloud
Life Savior
Originally posted by soad08 View Post
Tried a few and all gave me at least 1 trophy, some like sniper elite 3 give a lot for just working a few min with it.

the reason most people didnt make any save sets yet is probably that we had no resigner so there were no reason to create them. At least thats the reason for me, ill probably do some save sets now that we got a fully working save resigner

I also got some modded starter saves ill add in the next days

Exactly my friend, I will od the same, was just saying so people stop uploading their plat saves, although its full of good intentions it will not help out much. Please understand that I am not trying to be ungrateful here. cheers

The following user thanked Cloud for this useful post:

xSOADx
06-24-2017, 10:15 PM #8
Wildarms
Do a barrel roll!
I have mixed feelings about this.

On one hand, if it's an obscure game, odds are it'll never get a plat save set. So a platinum save is sometimes awesome to have.

My philosophy is plat save is better than nothing.

Save set is def. preferred, but platinum saves have their benefits too. I wouldn't discourage anyone from upload their platinum save (esp if they have no intention on making a save set).
06-24-2017, 11:13 PM #9
xSOADx
Banana Joe
Originally posted by Wildarms View Post

On one hand, if it's an obscure game, odds are it'll never get a plat save set. So a platinum save is sometimes awesome to have.

Save set is def. preferred, but platinum saves have their benefits too. I wouldn't discourage anyone from upload their platinum save (esp if they have no intention on making a save set).

And who knows, maybe we will see some instant platinum saves like back on ps3 Winky Winky
06-24-2017, 11:34 PM #10
Kyoshiro
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Wildarms View Post

Fair point. Although I never wanna discourage anyone from contributing to the community, at all. I do like the Plat Saves, but a good amount of them already have the progress done, unless it's games where the tickers still count. (Diablo 3 is not one of them)

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo