Post: Save Wizard for Mac. Questions regarding using Wine/Crossover to use SaveWiz on Mac.
06-23-2017, 07:05 PM #1
alec12
Keeper
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey all just could use some help and maybe help others out regarding my attempt to try save wizard on the mac. I've tried both Crossover and Wine(Wineskin) and I get past the install phase.
You also have to install Microsoft .NET 2.0 and 4.0 in order to open these and have it work obviously.

After that you would see another file which is obviously the actual Save editor. *When you try to open the Manual one you get an error saying, "there is no Windows program configured to open this type of file". *When you open the other Save Wizard, *it asks for you to put the license key which you put in and this is where the problem comes. After putting the license key in you are hit with this error message, "Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue app will ignore error and continue. Object reference not set to an instance of an object." This is a error by Microsoft .NET framework too. I will post the Exception text down below if that helps. I am not very good with things like this so any help would be apprecciated. Thank you and have a good day!

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
* *at PS3SaveEditor.Util.GetUID(Boolean blackListed, Boolean register)
* *at PS3SaveEditor.SerialValidateGG.RegisterUID()
* *at PS3SaveEditor.SerialValidateGG.client_UploadDataCompleted(Object sender, UploadDataCompletedEventArgs e)
* *at System.Net.WebClient.OnUploadDataCompleted(UploadDataCompletedEventArgs e)
* *at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataOperationCompleted(Object arg)
06-23-2017, 10:04 PM #2
It clearly says on there website that you need a computer running a 32bit or 64bit version of one of the following: Windows 7 or Windows 10.
06-23-2017, 11:00 PM #3
alec12
Keeper
A lot of applications that are for any kind of windows can be used on the mac. Its why these products were made(crossover/mac). You can even use a Virtual Box like Vmware fusion/collision. Just because u dont have the actual software or computer type doesnt mean you cant use those things.
06-24-2017, 07:25 AM #4
TheBlackPec
Member of the Month
I'm using Parallels desktop. The best out there on my Mac.

The following user thanked TheBlackPec for this useful post:

ThatEpicSomeone
06-24-2017, 06:57 PM #5
alec12
Keeper
ohhh yea Parallels solid. Have u tried or gotten the save editor to work on Parallells?
06-26-2017, 07:43 AM #6
TheBlackPec
Member of the Month
Originally posted by alec12 View Post
ohhh yea Parallels solid. Have u tried or gotten the save editor to work on Parallells?

Yeah sure. I'm using both SW and Xploder on Parallels
06-26-2017, 01:37 PM #7
mroshaw
Pokemon Trainer
Hey all just could use some help and maybe help others out regarding my attempt to try save wizard on the mac. I've tried both Crossover and Wine(Wineskin) and I get past the install phase.
You also have to install Microsoft .NET 2.0 and 4.0 in order to open these and have it work obviously.

After that you would see another file which is obviously the actual Save editor. *When you try to open the Manual one you get an error saying, "there is no Windows program configured to open this type of file". *When you open the other Save Wizard, *it asks for you to put the license key which you put in and this is where the problem comes. After putting the license key in you are hit with this error message, "Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue app will ignore error and continue. Object reference not set to an instance of an object." This is a error by Microsoft .NET framework too. I will post the Exception text down below if that helps. I am not very good with things like this so any help would be apprecciated. Thank you and have a good day!

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
* *at PS3SaveEditor.SerialValidateGG.client_UploadDataCompleted(Object sender, UploadDataCompletedEventArgs e)
* *at System.Net.WebClient.OnUploadDataCompleted(UploadDataCompletedEventArgs e)

The error looks to be a result of GetUID, which I'll wager is a function that queries an underlying hardware GUID that's not emulated by Wine. It would make sense that such a function would attempt to tie the license key usage to a specific Windows machine. The function is returning an unhandled null which results in the .NET exception error.

UPDATE: Indeed, looking at the decompiled .NET source from Cyber Save Editor (looks to be the same client code), the GetUID function enumerates physical drives on the host machine to derive a unique GUID for the drive on which the software is installed.
Last edited by mroshaw ; 06-28-2017 at 11:52 AM.
07-05-2017, 02:17 PM #8
Allicks
Bounty hunter
Hey all just could use some help and maybe help others out regarding my attempt to try save wizard on the mac. I've tried both Crossover and Wine(Wineskin) and I get past the install phase.

I'm on a Mac, too. Am using the wife's PC for now but SW has said that they're working on a native Mac version.

Prob best to use Bootcamp or similar for now, if you can't access a PC.
07-08-2017, 12:46 AM #9
v0lcom
a saubana bursch
i use VirtualBox. Works fine with SW.
07-08-2017, 02:15 PM #10
pk89
NextGenUpdate Elite
Parallels works flawlessly for me

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo