Post: FFXV: How to get "guest" characters like Iris or Areana into your party permanently?
08-14-2017, 02:26 PM #1
Roran
Pokemon Trainer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello everyone!

I'm looking for a way to get "guest" characters in the game Final Fantasy XV that during the course of the story join your party temporarily to be a member of your party permanently. Namely, Iris or Areana who both temporarily enter your party during the story but leave it again once their respective mission is over.

I know it is possible since I've seen some recent Youtube videos of people having just that. There are even videos of people getting Ardyn into your party floating around on Youtube. I've googled and searched around but couldn't find any information about what exactly one needs to mod about the save file to achieve this. I know there are lists for swappable items and all, but I could find no information about swapping/adding characters as party members.

Ideally, I'd be looking for information about how this can be done via modding so I could do it to my own save file. Alternatively, if anyone has a save file with this modification he wants to share, I'd also appreciate it (EU player here), but I'd prefer any tutorial/information about it. I have access to Save Wizard of course.

Thanks in advance to everyone who might be able to help!
08-15-2017, 12:49 AM #2
xxv
Save Point
quick codes for adding guest characters:
You must login or register to view this content.

discord to discuss FF XV editing:

The following user thanked xxv for this useful post:

Roran
08-15-2017, 02:15 AM #3
Originally posted by xxv View Post
quick codes for adding guest characters:

discord to discuss FF XV editing:

Wait, so Noctis could be removed from party? How would a person even play the game then? Unless I'm missing something there? Oh nvm, it will end game. so why are Gentiana and Titan listed as 'broken'?
08-15-2017, 03:01 AM #4
xxv
Save Point
Originally posted by Frosty View Post
Wait, so Noctis could be removed from party? How would a person even play the game then? Unless I'm missing something there? Oh nvm, it will end game.

The game only ends depending on which Noctis you remove. There are multiple versions of Noctis (young/old). There's a complex setup required to duplicate the party members. Once setup, they add Noctis instead of remove. The info is in the discord chat history. If you don't complete the setup then the game ends once you load the save since Noctis is gone.

so why are Gentiana and Titan listed as 'broken'?

The model for Gentiana is drowning Noctis. Someone should post a video because it looks hilarious. Titan no-ops. Nothing happens. There may be a way to add Gentiana during the carnival however no one has tested it yet.
Last edited by xxv ; 08-15-2017 at 03:07 AM.
08-15-2017, 04:01 AM #5
The game only ends depending on which Noctis you remove. There are multiple versions of Noctis (young/old). There's a complex setup required to duplicate the party members. Once setup, they add Noctis instead of remove. The info is in the discord chat history. If you don't complete the setup then the game ends once you load the save since Noctis is gone.

The model for Gentiana is drowning Noctis. Someone should post a video because it looks hilarious. Titan no-ops. Nothing happens. There may be a way to add Gentiana during the carnival however no one has tested it yet.

What is the max party size? So in theory, I could have 4 Noctises in my party? What would happen if I opted to train/eat while at camp if Gladiolus and Ignis aren't in party?
08-15-2017, 04:57 AM #6
how do you add these into the game? as in where do the codes get pasted? video tut would be nice if someone could ^^
08-15-2017, 05:19 AM #7
xxv
Save Point
What is the max party size? So in theory, I could have 4 Noctises in my party? What would happen if I opted to train/eat while at camp if Gladiolus and Ignis aren't in party?

there's an extensive post in discord, you should read that from one user who tried a bunch of stuff. Technically they are not in the party. I haven't tested camping with members removed. Most of this is brand new so I'm leaving it up to others to experiment in game.
08-15-2017, 05:20 AM #8
there's an extensive post in discord, you should read that from one user who tried a bunch of stuff. Technically they are not in the party. I haven't tested camping with members removed. Most of this is brand new so I'm leaving it up to others to experiment in game.

Okay, will have to check it out then. Thanks for the information
08-15-2017, 05:21 AM #9
Originally posted by zCriPxGAMER View Post
how do you add these into the game? as in where do the codes get pasted? video tut would be nice if someone could ^^

You would use Save Wizard and make a new quick code.

The following user thanked Frosty for this useful post:

zCriPxGAMER
08-15-2017, 05:24 AM #10
xxv
Save Point
Originally posted by zCriPxGAMER View Post

Enter quick mode. Right click and add the quick code for the guest character you want. Check the box next to the code and then save.

The following user thanked xxv for this useful post:

zCriPxGAMER

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo