Post: Can save wizard add " gold " cheat to Shadow Of War?
10-16-2017, 12:27 AM #1
snakeshadow
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I think that they won't , from what i saw lately from save wizard my 3 predictions are :

1 - They won't add gold saying that it may be a server side currency which needs syncing with the server ( which is weird coz injustice 2 got some currencies syncing with the server so we used to do the cheats in offline mode and it worked like a charm " .

2 - They'll just add Mirian currency and disable the game's advanced mode so we won't edit our whole army into legendary captains or even try to edit Gold.

3- they'll just ignore the whole game sayin that both Gold + Mirian affects online ( coz apparently you can still get legendary stuff from the chests you buy with Mirian ".

What do you think they'll do?

My Honest Opinion : I'd really add every single cheat i can to this game just to hit the greedy company hard for adding microtransaction into a single player game.
10-16-2017, 04:11 AM #2
RehanAfz47
Bounty hunter
Does this game have online ?
10-16-2017, 08:29 AM #3
I have no idea what they'll do, but I won't get the game if I can't cheat the pay to win currency in the game. It really doesn't matter whether you win because you are a whale who spents 1000s of dollars or if you win because you edit your save file.
10-16-2017, 03:15 PM #4
Isn't it illegal to cheat that currency? It's kinda like what happened in that FIFA game. The Developers will lose money because that cheat, and that can lead to something big.
10-16-2017, 06:52 PM #5
Roran
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by Hood
Isn't it illegal to cheat that currency? It's kinda like what happened in that FIFA game. The Developers will lose money because that cheat, and that can lead to something big.

If such a cheat would make these paid lootboxes and microtransactions in Shadow of War obsolete, then I'm rather doubtful that SW will add it, even if they technically could. It doesn't really matter what the exact legal situation is (save file manipulation is probhibited by Sony's ToS anyway), having less people purchase these cancerous lootboxes because SW offers an alternative to it would only attract unnecessary attention to SW from Sony and the game publishers and would fuel Sony's incentive to stomp out Save Wizard entirely. Not necessarily by legal means but by just laying more and more technical obstacles in the way. That's most certainly also one of the reasons why SW is so cautious with supporting games with online components – not just because of the morality of it but also because it would give Sony a lot more reason to go after them.

We don't know how much effort Sony has put into these new save file encryptions that disabled SW time and time again; it's not impossible that Sony one day makes an encryption that SW just isn't able to crack. Right now, SW doesn't really disencourage people from buying any games or microtransactions which is probably why Sony at least partly turns a blind eye to it, but if SW leads to less purchases, then Sony will most certainly put more effort into disabling SW.
10-17-2017, 02:09 AM #6
Originally posted by Roran View Post
If such a cheat would make these paid lootboxes and microtransactions in Shadow of War obsolete, then I'm rather doubtful that SW will add it, even if they technically could. It doesn't really matter what the exact legal situation is (save file manipulation is probhibited by Sony's ToS anyway), having less people purchase these cancerous lootboxes because SW offers an alternative to it would only attract unnecessary attention to SW from Sony and the game publishers and would fuel Sony's incentive to stomp out Save Wizard entirely. Not necessarily by legal means but by just laying more and more technical obstacles in the way. That's most certainly also one of the reasons why SW is so cautious with supporting games with online components – not just because of the morality of it but also because it would give Sony a lot more reason to go after them.

We don't know how much effort Sony has put into these new save file encryptions that disabled SW time and time again; it's not impossible that Sony one day makes an encryption that SW just isn't able to crack. Right now, SW doesn't really disencourage people from buying any games or microtransactions which is probably why Sony at least partly turns a blind eye to it, but if SW leads to less purchases, then Sony will most certainly put more effort into disabling SW.

Took the words right outta my mouth. I think that's 100% correct.
10-18-2017, 08:51 AM #7
Originally posted by Roran View Post

I can see Sony thinking like that, but I'm not sure if it is really true. I, for example, stay far away from the game if it is a paid game with a pay to win structure. But if there's a way around those horrible Lootboxes, I would actually buy the game. So for me, a cheat like this wouldn't lead to missed money for Lootboxes. It would lead to me actually buying the game and probably DLC that's actually worth something.
10-18-2017, 03:58 PM #8
Well ig we have to wait to see what SW will do then. Have they ever even confirmed that they're making cheats for the game anyway?
10-18-2017, 04:28 PM #9
PSNTROPHYHUNTER
PSN Trophy God
Originally posted by Hood
Well ig we have to wait to see what SW will do then. Have they ever even confirmed that they're making cheats for the game anyway?

IMO Save Wizard can do whatever they want even if it effects microtransactions...its the developers fault that its not server sided instead of the values stored within a game save...so I see nothing wrong with it they need to either make it server sided or just deal with it and stop bitching.
10-18-2017, 05:59 PM #10
I believe somebody said something about they did it for Injustice 2? Either way we just have to wait in see.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo