07-26-2017, 05:59 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Against my better judgment, I paid $60 for Savewizard. Their website claims the software supports PS4 system ver 4.72 or below. Well, It does not. I have been trying to edit/mod my Dark Souls 3's save all day and it keeps slapping me with "Error occurred while communicating with server."

According to some of you guys, that error message is a system version issue. If my system —according to their claim, is supported, then I shouldn't be getting that message. If their software doesn't support 4.72, then we're dealing with scammers.

If that message is generic and doesn't necessarily mean a compatibility issue, then I would appreciate if any of you, fine guys, could point out the issue and how to resolve it.

Thanks.

Update: it works with importing saves. For example, I didn't have any problem importing Hydrogen's Ghost Recon save, but I'm still having problem editing or modding my own Dark Souls save, even with Quick Mode. I guess, it could be something I was/am doing.
Last edited by XboxOffender ; 07-28-2017 at 03:00 AM. Reason: Format
07-26-2017, 06:57 AM #2
Originally posted by XboxOffender View Post
Against my better judgment, I paid $60 for Savewizard. Their website claims the software supports PS4 system ver 4.72 or below. Well, It does not. I have been trying to edit/mod my Dark Souls 3's save all day and it keeps slapping me with "Error occurred while communicating with server."

According to some of you guys, that error message is a system version issue. If my system —according to their claim, is supported, then I shouldn't be getting that message. If their software doesn't support 4.72, then we're dealing with scammers.

If that message is generic and doesn't necessarily mean a compatibility issue, then I would appreciate if any of you, fine guys, could point out the issue and how to resolve it.

Thanks.

that doesn't mean it's a compatibility issue, I get that message too the software is just poorly optimized running on computers... you gotta close and restart program and it fixes it usually after 1 try. Because all the saves I have resigned or put cheats on have worked when put on the ps4.
07-26-2017, 03:49 PM #3
Kyoshiro
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by MusicGamer View Post
that doesn't mean it's a compatibility issue, I get that message too the software is just poorly optimized running on computers... you gotta close and restart program and it fixes it usually after 1 try. Because all the saves I have resigned or put cheats on have worked when put on the ps4.

It does work with 4.72.

First off,

What region are you in? EU, US? etc etc.

Second,

Are you using a save, straight out of the PS4, from OFW 4.72?

Why don't you try modding other games, just to see if it gives you the same error.

'Error communicating with servers' usually means that they're either a. updating the SW game list, or a server (one of them) may be causing some conflicts with the others.
07-26-2017, 04:16 PM #4
Originally posted by MusicGamer View Post

I hope you're right. I spent all day yesterday trying. I'll give it another shot today.
07-26-2017, 04:23 PM #5
Originally posted by Kyoshiro View Post
It does work with 4.72.

First off,

What region are you in? EU, US? etc etc.

Second,

Are you using a save, straight out of the PS4, from OFW 4.72?

Why don't you try modding other games, just to see if it gives you the same error.

'Error communicating with servers' usually means that they're either a. updating the SW game list, or a server (one of them) may be causing some conflicts with the others.

It is straight from PS4 to USB. And, I'm in the US. Sadly, I don't have other games that match the list. I mostly play Destiny and the Division, and both games are server-side.

But, I'll try either importing new saves today, or renting a game and see.
07-26-2017, 04:30 PM #6
TheBlackPec
Member of the Month
Can you specify what error code you get?
07-26-2017, 05:55 PM #7
Originally posted by TheBlackPec View Post
Can you specify what error code you get?

it doesn't have an error code it just says error occurred communicating with server in save wizard, for some people like me and him the program likes to shit out all the time (but when it doesn't have that error the saves work fine on ps4)
07-26-2017, 06:31 PM #8
ady
Can’t trickshot me!
I had this the other week, it was just a server went down, closing and restarting sometimes finds another server if it doesn't then all you can do is wait like me, about 8hours just, I also get it where it comes up failed when I check so many boxes on a save mod, just rinse and repeat, save wiz does work though, best there is out there for now
07-26-2017, 09:07 PM #9
TheBlackPec
Member of the Month
Was asking because when it's a communication error it usually is 10009. Or if it's a ps4 software error it's a 10020
07-28-2017, 03:07 AM #10
Originally posted by TheBlackPec View Post
Was asking because when it's a communication error it usually is 10009. Or if it's a ps4 software error it's a 10020

There was no error code actually. Just a message saying an error occurred while communicating with server. It works fine with importing/resigning saves. Editing saves isn't working for me for some reason. I keep hitting that communication error wall.

I'm using Kyoshiro's save for now. It's really a great save but it's keeping me from progressing with Yoel which is a bummer.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo