11-15-2017, 01:37 AM #1
zzztacotime
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi all,

First time poster here. I found this site after researching solutions to my problem. Here's the situation:

I bought Horizon Zero Dawn back in March of this year and played it for 90 hours. I live in the US and have a US PS4 (you can see where this is going). I then sold the disc, thinking I would just re-purchase or rent the disc again when the Frozen Wilds DLC came out. I pre-purchased the DLC, and now that it is released, I went ahead and re-purchased Horizon Zero Dawn from ebay.

Well as it turns out, my new US disc will not recognized my save files from earlier this year because apparently my saves are region locked to the Latin America disc that I previously owned. That's right. The disc that i bought back in March from an ebay seller was a LATAM disc. I notified him that he sent me the wrong region's disc and he said that it was still in English and would play find on my US PS4. He was right, as I played it for 90 hours, and having no knowledge of regional saves at that time, i went with it. BIG MISTAKE, I know that now.

So now I am searching for a solution. I would really like to play the Frozen Wilds DLC, but i absolutely cannot bring myself to play through that slog of a campaign again. That is when i stumbled upon this site and Save Wizard. My preference would be to re-region my save to US, but that seemed pretty complicated. If that turned into too much, I would probably settle for just using one of the saves from this site and re-signing it to my account.

Unfortunately, I do not have a PC. I see that a Mac version is expected on their website, but who knows how far out that is.

So my question is: what are my options?

Buy a PC and Save Wizard? I can't justify that expense.
Somehow find a LATAM disc and then buy the LATAM DLC? I've started looking into this too, but it is far from ideal.
Wait for a Mac version? Sure, but how long will that be?

I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I have my LATAM saves, as well as a new one created as soon as I started up the US disc the other day.

FYI. I did contact Sony and they said that there was nothing they could do. They also wouldn't refund my purchase of the Frozen Wilds DLC either, in case I decided to go the "LATAM everything" route. Sucks.
11-15-2017, 02:55 AM #2
Originally posted by zzztacotime View Post
Hi all,

First time poster here. I found this site after researching solutions to my problem. Here's the situation:

I bought Horizon Zero Dawn back in March of this year and played it for 90 hours. I live in the US and have a US PS4 (you can see where this is going). I then sold the disc, thinking I would just re-purchase or rent the disc again when the Frozen Wilds DLC came out. I pre-purchased the DLC, and now that it is released, I went ahead and re-purchased Horizon Zero Dawn from ebay.

Well as it turns out, my new US disc will not recognized my save files from earlier this year because apparently my saves are region locked to the Latin America disc that I previously owned. That's right. The disc that i bought back in March from an ebay seller was a LATAM disc. I notified him that he sent me the wrong region's disc and he said that it was still in English and would play find on my US PS4. He was right, as I played it for 90 hours, and having no knowledge of regional saves at that time, i went with it. BIG MISTAKE, I know that now.

So now I am searching for a solution. I would really like to play the Frozen Wilds DLC, but i absolutely cannot bring myself to play through that slog of a campaign again. That is when i stumbled upon this site and Save Wizard. My preference would be to re-region my save to US, but that seemed pretty complicated. If that turned into too much, I would probably settle for just using one of the saves from this site and re-signing it to my account.

Unfortunately, I do not have a PC. I see that a Mac version is expected on their website, but who knows how far out that is.

So my question is: what are my options?

Buy a PC and Save Wizard? I can't justify that expense.
Somehow find a LATAM disc and then buy the LATAM DLC? I've started looking into this too, but it is far from ideal.
Wait for a Mac version? Sure, but how long will that be?

I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I have my LATAM saves, as well as a new one created as soon as I started up the US disc the other day.

FYI. I did contact Sony and they said that there was nothing they could do. They also wouldn't refund my purchase of the Frozen Wilds DLC either, in case I decided to go the "LATAM everything" route. Sucks.

You must login or register to view this content.
11-15-2017, 03:27 AM #3
zzztacotime
Save Point
Thanks! That is certainly a better option than a Windows laptop/computer Winky Winky

Still the cost of windows + Save Wizard... ouch.

$60 is painful enough just to get my saves back, but I was at least considering it. Having to shell out for Windows too, probably won't happen.

Maybe Crossover will work?
11-15-2017, 08:32 PM #4
zzztacotime
Save Point
So follow up question.

In order to re-region my save, I need to have advance mode, correct?

Will the Horizon Zero Dawn show up with advance mode? How do you know which have advance mode and which don’t?
11-16-2017, 05:25 AM #5
zzztacotime
Save Point
Cool, thanks for the info. By some miracle, I've found my wife's old Windows 7 laptop in my garage. I'll probably get it this weekend and re-sign the plat save as you suggest.
11-16-2017, 11:58 AM #6
Wosley
Discord: Wosley#6447
Originally posted by zzztacotime View Post
Cool, thanks for the info. By some miracle, I've found my wife's old Windows 7 laptop in my garage. I'll probably get it this weekend and re-sign the plat save as you suggest.

Let me know if it did work

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo