Post: Why is it taking so long to get a proper save decryption tool?
01-12-2018, 03:15 AM #1
Viper187
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Last gen, we had Bruteforce Savedata, Horizon, etc. This gen we get "Save Wizard?" Seriously!?!? It's a slap in the face to anyone who actually knows how to hex edit save data. Expecting people to pay for an app that will only decrypt saves for a handful of games instead of allowing us to decrypt anything and do what we want. It's ridiculous. Last gen, the biggest problem with the scene was people releasing ****ty editors with no documentation for the checksums so we could easily write a better one. Now nobody will even decrypt all the saves for us. The "scene" is no longer for the people. It's just one big cash grab. Write an app worth paying for, like Horizon was, and I'll ****ing buy it. Save Wizard etc in the current form is just insulting. The Cyber gadget pricks still haven't done Earth Defense Force 5, in spite of how big it currently is in Japan and having supported 4.1, and it's pissing me off. Not looking forward to having to start over when the US release comes because nobody cares enough to mod it right away.
Last edited by Viper187 ; 01-12-2018 at 03:17 AM.
01-12-2018, 03:26 AM #2
zts1
Do a barrel roll!
Save wizard adds functionality due to how in demand a title is. It's just how they function, games like The last guardian or Skyrim still have not been added and those are much older games than EDF.

PS4 was rather hard to crack so it makes sense that companies will be the first to provide these programs instead of independent or open source projects.
01-12-2018, 03:48 AM #3
Viper187
Save Point
Originally posted by zts1 View Post
Save wizard adds functionality due to how in demand a title is. It's just how they function, games like The last guardian or Skyrim still have not been added and those are much older games than EDF.

PS4 was rather hard to crack so it makes sense that companies will be the first to provide these programs instead of independent or open source projects.

That's not the point. They should decrypt EVERYTHING instead of just the games they feel like supporting.
01-12-2018, 05:30 AM #4
Kyoshiro
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Viper187 View Post
That's not the point. They should decrypt EVERYTHING instead of just the games they feel like supporting.

Lol.

You seem like you can do a better job. Sit down and just appreciate what's there.
01-12-2018, 05:33 AM #5
Wosley
Discord: Wosley#6447
Originally posted by Kyoshiro View Post
Lol.

You seem like you can do a better job. Sit down and just appreciate what's there.

Like Kyo said we need to take what we get Save Wizard is the best thing at the moment on the market if it goes about cheats and save resigning
01-12-2018, 05:55 AM #6
Viper187
Save Point
Originally posted by Wosley View Post
Like Kyo said we need to take what we get Save Wizard is the best thing at the moment on the market if it goes about cheats and save resigning

Fuck that. That's like picking out the nicest looking turd in the punch bowl and claiming it's the best. There's no competition here. You don't pay for garbage and just hope it improves or something better comes along. You demand they do shit right, which is what I'm fucking doing.
01-12-2018, 05:59 AM #7
Wosley
Discord: Wosley#6447
Fuck that. That's like picking out the nicest looking turd in the punch bowl and claiming it's the best. There's no competition here. You don't pay for garbage and just hope it improves or something better comes along. You demand they do shit right, which is what I'm fucking doing.

Trust me try out Xploder and you will change mind about it
01-12-2018, 06:29 AM #8
Kyoshiro
< ^ > < ^ >

No, you're not demanding, you're whining. Even then, no one likes a person who demands.

You're just like every other FB and Twitter that has done the same, since it released. Be glad there's even something that can decrypt PS4 saves at all. And if you feel like they're not up to par with your standards, then please, by all means, make one YOURSELF.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo