07-27-2018, 03:10 AM #1
Gryphus
Former Super Moderator
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Thought this might be a helpful discussion thread for people to share where or how they got a jailbroken PS4. Hopefully this discussion will shed some light for users researching on how or where to get one for themselves, discussions like this helped me a ton when I was learning.

How I got mine:

After researching console bundles guaranteed low firmware I bought the Star Wars Battlefront 2 slim bundle off Amazon brand new. This bundle was manufactured in 2017 & discontinued before 5.55 firmware was released so I was positive that it was a guaranteed hit. Once it arrived the console was on firmware 4.73 out the box, from then I updated it's firmware to 5.05 and ready for exploits.

You must login or register to view this content.

Check out Jesse's thread for a list of consoles reported to have low firmware.

Also this video by Skullator helped me as well when finding a good bundle.

Last edited by Gryphus ; 07-27-2018 at 03:24 AM. Reason: edit
07-27-2018, 03:33 AM #2
XMachoManX23
Save Point
I got mine on amazon the original jet black console came with 3.xx can’t remember then I went to 4.05 then 4.55 now I’m on 5.05

The following user thanked XMachoManX23 for this useful post:

Gryphus
07-27-2018, 03:43 AM #3
Vicodin10
https://discord.gg/save-wizard
I had two PS4's from pre-order, Before PS4 was released.
Kept one PS4 to update and play
and the other PS4 I kept in box to hope and wait for any cfw to be released.
But no cfw and only exploits. So updated one to 1.76.

Later when 4.05 was released I bought another PS4 from amazon.

Sony PlayStation 4 500GB Console - Uncharted 4 Limited Edition Bundle [Discontinued].
This PS4 includes a Limited Edition PlayStation 4 system in Gray Blue with custom, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End inspired silk screened artwork.
Also includes Matching DualShock 4 Wireless Controller, and Uncharted 4: A Thief's End on Blu-ray disc.

It arrived on firmware 3.70.
Uncharted 4 Limited Edition cost at the time was $319.99.
But the price is now higher ($381.95.) and only 3 left.

Before I bought this I looked for only the controller and it alone was $100.
So not a bad deal.

Kinda wanted to keep this info to self for when I want another or for when a friend does.
But thats just greedy lol.

The following user thanked Vicodin10 for this useful post:

Gryphus
07-27-2018, 08:12 AM #4
Gryphus
Former Super Moderator
Originally posted by Master
Bought one some years ago to collect dust. Was good when 4.05 exploit came out.
Then I bought another one, a pro, in a store, I checked the serial number and did my research, when 4.55 exploit came out.
Then I got one on current firmware for online...

But... I don't use any of them. Now all 3 of them are collecting dust. Boring when it's offline. So they shall to collect dust.

yeah I hear ya. You can get games for free and stuff. But some of us have adapted so much to online gaming that playing offline would get boring very quickly. Plus most games now days require PSN access to even play them. Which are useless on 5.05 systems. I don't mind playing offline. still play ps2 games from time to time. (call me old-school if you must) lol.
07-27-2018, 08:28 AM #5
Wosley
Discord: Wosley#6447
Originally posted by Gryphus View Post
yeah I hear ya. You can get games for free and stuff. But some of us have adapted so much to online gaming that playing offline would get boring very quickly. Plus most games now days require PSN access to even play them. Which are useless on 5.05 systems. I don't mind playing offline. still play ps2 games from time to time. (call me old-school if you must) lol.

A Jailbreak with a user already on it is alot more intresting though for modding saves and fine your own cheat codes if they arent on Save Wizard
07-27-2018, 10:49 AM #6
Algebra
[move]mov eax, 69[/move]
Thought this might be a helpful discussion thread for people to share where or how they got a jailbroken PS4. Hopefully this discussion will shed some light for users researching on how or where to get one for themselves, discussions like this helped me a ton when I was learning.

How I got mine:

After researching console bundles guaranteed low firmware I bought the Star Wars Battlefront 2 slim bundle off Amazon brand new. This bundle was manufactured in 2017 & discontinued before 5.55 firmware was released so I was positive that it was a guaranteed hit. Once it arrived the console was on firmware 4.73 out the box, from then I updated it's firmware to 5.05 and ready for exploits.

I have a whole bunch of PS4's with original parts. Most of them need only a reball. So I decided to refurbish one for myself. But I still have to fix an issue which is the HDMI port. I've to solder a new one from a donor board I have.
07-27-2018, 11:08 PM #7
Thought this might be a helpful discussion thread for people to share where or how they got a jailbroken PS4. Hopefully this discussion will shed some light for users researching on how or where to get one for themselves, discussions like this helped me a ton when I was learning.

How I got mine:

bought the slim uncharted bundle on amazon in march. it came on 3.55

The following user thanked GreenTea101 for this useful post:

Gryphus
07-28-2018, 10:41 AM #8
MrSausage
Save Point
I bought the Days Of Play LE PS4, come with like 4.50 i think, somewhere around that :P

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo