12-07-2015, 06:24 PM #1
#Dragoss
You talkin to me?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This Just in, developer Cturt (@Cturte) confirmed on twitter that he has a Kernel exploit working for the PS4. He also hints that he’s not the only one who’s been working on this (as is often the case on these things)

Although no proof has been given at this point, CTurt is a trusted source of information on this, as he has released lots of his work on the 1.76 Webkit exploit already: the PS4 Playground tools and PS4 SDK come to mind.

There are not much details on the vulnerabilities used at this point, but it is fair to assume the exploit relies on the 1.76 webkit exploit as the launch vector. As such, although that Kernel exploit might be available on later PS4 firmwares (and, we might dream, up to the latest firmware), it is probably only going to be useful for the handful of people who have stayed on 1.76.

So, there are a few ways this could play:

CTurt and the people who worked on the kernel exploit publish a few proof videos, but keep the exploit to themselves, at least for now, until more significant progress is made on the exploit
The exploit is confirmed patched on recent firmwares, in which case they can freely publish it for people who want to investigate more (but this means it will not be useful for “normal” people, until people use this kernel exploit to learn more about the PS4 internals)
Somebody leaks the information, the exploit is patched before it becomes useful
ps4_apu
It is also a bit early at this point to understand what Kernel access truly means here, and if it’s a “full” PS4 Jailbreak. I can picture clueless gamers already calling out piracy as a dangerous conclusion of this game, but kernel access does not necessarily mean that hackers have found a way (or intend to) break the applications and games encryption. It probably means, however, better access to the console hardware and ways to run unsigned code (think homebrews and emulators at this point).

You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked #Dragoss for this useful post:

EMINEM__x3

The following user groaned #Dragoss for this awful post:

baluba777
12-07-2015, 07:58 PM #2
xXx-.-Moder
Maggbot timeout!
Damm Nice info btw... but the copy and paste....
12-07-2015, 08:04 PM #3
Nice info mate we are getting closer
12-08-2015, 01:09 AM #4
dwi_745$$$
Climbing up the ladder
Jailbreak has already been made just not released yet.
12-08-2015, 01:41 PM #5
Tristan
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by dwi
Jailbreak has already been made just not released yet.

I just puked in my mouth when you said that, and thats not a good thing. There is no ps4 jailbreak there may never be a full one e.g Backup games or someshit
So stop believing anything that says PS4 JAILBREAK REAL!!!! cause its fake or a scam
Last edited by Tristan ; 12-08-2015 at 01:44 PM.

The following 2 users say thank you to Tristan for this useful post:

#Dragoss, Hola
12-08-2015, 04:19 PM #6
wajdi9
Space Ninja
Originally posted by Santa View Post
I just puked in my mouth when you said that, and thats not a good thing. There is no ps4 jailbreak there may never be a full one e.g Backup games or someshit
So stop believing anything that says PS4 JAILBREAK REAL!!!! cause its fake or a scam

hahaha that's funny people like you always say this even before they jailbreak the ps3 people said the same thing, you people saying this because you don't want the console to be jailbroken but the day will come
Last edited by wajdi9 ; 12-08-2015 at 04:22 PM.

The following 5 users say thank you to wajdi9 for this useful post:

AlphaStorm100, dwi_745$$$, HMTTKB, John, XxBlud23xX
12-08-2015, 04:23 PM #7
Juan
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by dragoss91 View Post
This Just in, developer Cturt (@Cturte) confirmed on twitter that he has a Kernel exploit working for the PS4. He also hints that he’s not the only one who’s been working on this (as is often the case on these things)

Although no proof has been given at this point, CTurt is a trusted source of information on this, as he has released lots of his work on the 1.76 Webkit exploit already: the PS4 Playground tools and PS4 SDK come to mind.

There are not much details on the vulnerabilities used at this point, but it is fair to assume the exploit relies on the 1.76 webkit exploit as the launch vector. As such, although that Kernel exploit might be available on later PS4 firmwares (and, we might dream, up to the latest firmware), it is probably only going to be useful for the handful of people who have stayed on 1.76.

So, there are a few ways this could play:

CTurt and the people who worked on the kernel exploit publish a few proof videos, but keep the exploit to themselves, at least for now, until more significant progress is made on the exploit
The exploit is confirmed patched on recent firmwares, in which case they can freely publish it for people who want to investigate more (but this means it will not be useful for “normal” people, until people use this kernel exploit to learn more about the PS4 internals)
Somebody leaks the information, the exploit is patched before it becomes useful
ps4_apu
It is also a bit early at this point to understand what Kernel access truly means here, and if it’s a “full” PS4 Jailbreak. I can picture clueless gamers already calling out piracy as a dangerous conclusion of this game, but kernel access does not necessarily mean that hackers have found a way (or intend to) break the applications and games encryption. It probably means, however, better access to the console hardware and ways to run unsigned code (think homebrews and emulators at this point).

The reason I updated is because the modders.... If it happens I will quit gaming..
12-08-2015, 07:59 PM #8
#Dragoss
You talkin to me?
Originally posted by Juan View Post
The reason I updated is because the modders.... If it happens I will quit gaming..

I don't have a PS4 yet , but yeah I agree with you ... it would be cool to be made only an ODE-like jailbreak for PS4 , this means only pirated games , no mods
12-08-2015, 09:01 PM #9
Tristan
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by wajdi9 View Post
hahaha that's funny people like you always say this even before they jailbreak the ps3 people said the same thing, you people saying this because you don't want the console to be jailbroken but the day will come

Yes the day might come and im not saying I dont want the console to be jailbroken im saying its probably not going to be here for a long time...

also I am an active ps3 modder so stfu :wato:

The following user thanked Tristan for this useful post:

12-08-2015, 11:45 PM #10
Egzec
Big Daddy
Talking about a full PS4 jailbreak already? It's only 2015, the PS4 is only two years old! I don't think I'll be ready for a PS4 jailbreak because it's fun to play new 1080p 60fps games without modders everywhere.

The following user thanked Egzec for this useful post:

Hola

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo