04-13-2016, 02:12 PM #1
Hydrogen
Super Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Introduction

Hello NextGenUpdate, today i'm going to revamp this entire thread into an omega resource/informational thread. I'm going to add a before & after of the thread to see the big difference. I have a few things i'm adding that actually sounds amazing already from brainstorming (maybe a little extra tomorrow, who knows). This thread is going to convey to you a ton of things such as: Developer Backgrounds, PS4 Hacking Scene News Reporters, Tools & Releases, Credits, and Warnings. Hopefully you all enjoy this thread. It seems unique overall, and shines light down to the scene to everyone out there. This thread was actually made for NextGenUpdate only, but I think it's time to share it everywhere in other forums. I think everyone should be able to understand what is going on at the moment. If you're going to share this, please make note to show credits, that's all I honestly do care about, thank you. Lets get started shall we?

Table of Contents:

1. Introduction
  2. PS4 Developers Information
  3. PS4 Hacking News Reporters
  4. Information to Old Modders
  5. Resources/Tools/Releases
  6. Warnings
  7. Credits

PS4 Developers' Information

Part 2, Developers Background: I want to convey the individuals who have sparked up the scene with their releases, tools, scripts, and knowledge in the PS4 Scene. I want to provide information on what they have done, and a bit of background information about them. If I have anyone Developer missing out, feel free to quote me, or PM me them. (Don't tell me NGCheats Cool Troll)

• CTurt for releasing many great things such as: Found a hacky way to render graphics in native code using HTML5 canvas, released PS4-Playground, many clues to extra exploits, user to WebExploit, made homebrews on PS4, emulator on PS4, releasing PS4's SDK, and also released + worked on the Linux PS4. He has stated he has quit the PS4 Scene stated from his tweets, but hopefully we see him returning some day later on in the future!
    -
  • kR105 for releasing a fully operational dlclose exploit which sparked up the hacking scene.
    -
  • psxdev (bigboss) for releasing and updating PS4Link, making homebrews for fun, working on the dlclose as well, reversing ps4 sceLibCamera.sprx, function offsets checked, reversing data structs, working + releasing some "lib's", starting to reverse the Playstation VR Console, updating the PS4Link completely, and sharing a bunch of code from the VR & PS4Link.
    -
  • cfwprophet for leaking the BadIRET Kernel Exploit of CTurt.
    -
  • zecoxao for digging for known Chrome/webkit vulnerabilities, and asking people to test which ones crash their PS4. Sharing tutorials, and a lot of releases!
    -
  • Red-EyeX32 for releasing an amazing tool which lets you extract Playstation 4 .trp files and extract the files in the container, releasing the PSProxy for bypassing PS4 Updates, and TON more of releases!
    -
  • Specter for releasing a fantastic tool which lets you pull basic information on a Playstation 4 package file (.pkg), his AMAZING article blogs, releases, and news!
    -
  • OsirisX for releasing the full tutorial on how to run and install Steam on PS4.
    -
  • Hitodama for releasing the PS4SDK ELFLoader with PS4 Kernel ELF Loading and Hooking.
    -
  • Hunter128 for releasing the 3.50 Webkit Exploit Proof of Concept.
    -
  • Mr. Niato for his great work on releases, testing exploits, tutorials on DEX Consoles, and just a nice guy overall!
    -
  • Chaitin hackers for burning exploits, ksploits, and sending bugs to SONY lel.
    -
  • eXtreme for his greatful releases like the information files, news, images he shares like his 0.09 Alpha UI, and having a dank site jiji!
    -
  • SKEU for creating his tutorial on how to decrypt and dump usermodules from the PS4!
    -
  • J0lama for re-creating a .pkg extractor even though Red had released one, also for sharing his Edited modded trophies on 1.76 (Nonsticked), and for sharing his DS4.lib on the PS4 Dualshock!
    -
  • Uint32Array for starting the development towards the PS4Webkit Repo 4.01 Webkit Exploits.
    -
  • ZiL0G80 for sharing his extra E3Mode Updates!
    -
  • Dragood2 for the release of the PS4 3.55 Full Browser FileSystem and Gadget List.
    -
  • m0rph3us1987 for the release of the PS4FileNinja v1.0.0
    -
  • TheoryWrong for his release of the PS4 3.55 FileBrowser.
    -
  • OwlBin for his release on the PS4 ShellUI Debug Functions Revealed & Kernel Dumped!
    -
  • Ryan111 for his release on the PlayStation 4 v4.00 WebKit Crash and PS4 Dev Updates!
    -
  • E-Peen for releasing the first fully decrypted game on PS4 Fifa 14.
    -
  • Esjonne12 Sda for releasing the PS4 DevKit / TestKit Root Kernel Dump on PC Demo.
    -
  • Bad ChoicesZ for showing us his Real-Time Sample Video, Showcasing Unlocking Trophies via API Tool, and helping out in the GTA5 Modding.
    -
  • Kurt2467 for helping out in the Real-Time Sample Video with Bad ChoicesZ, Trophy Modding, and also for making the API Tool with the help of Bad ChoicesZ and SC58 proving that GTAV Modding is now official.
    -
  • 2much4u for showcasing the first mod menu on PS4 GTAV!
    -
  • Ludicrous Beach for showcasing RPC Tools on GTAV on the PS4; including some more releases.
    -
  • Black Panther for releasing some scripts/tools to help out on the PS4.

PS4 Hacking News Reporters

Part 3, PS4 Scene Reporters: To be someone to share what is going on makes me feel like i'm helping everyone out around the whole world who are trying to make this a better place sharing our knowledge together to crack down this HUGE accomplishment everyone is aiming for. So, I want to shout out those people who share information all day, just like me. Sitting there waiting for our twitters to pop up a small blue dot to conclude that a dev just tweeted/retweeted something LOL! You all know ya'll do with your patient asses haha! Especially the people who retweet/like things the first 10 seconds they release things. You don't have to rely on me guys (NextGenUpdate Members). You have all these nice people who also share news on the spot once it comes out. You can check them out below for the daily PS4 Scene News. I might not get all of you, but just quote/pm/dm me again to add you in this!

Information to Modders

Part 4, Information to Modders: Many people are getting hype thinking all of the information that is getting put out everywhere are going to automatically think a Custom Firmware is going to be released soon. First, lets be real for a second. A CFW on a PS4 is probably not going to happened. If it does, we wont be seeing one for years. In addition, a jailbreak is a different story. We'll probably see one soon in some months or in a small couple of years. Don't hold your breath on it though. PS4 Developer, Red-EyeX32, has mentioned some bread crumbs around the forums that caught my eye... Get it "eye" "Red-Eye" no? ok. Anyways, someone posted a thread in the COD4 MWR Section named Modding Modern Warfare Remastered On PS4? Everyone on that comment section, INCLUDING ME, directly told the user no, it wont happen. Then Red pulls this shit out of his ass huehue:

You must login or register to view this content.[/CENTER]

So there is a possibility on this theory. So.. don't get too happy, and don't get too worried? Shit you be the judge.

Important Tutorials/Releases/Resources for Newbie Devs/Coders/Revs:

Part 5, Resources: Okay so for the most part, many Developers or Reverse Engineers have found multiple doors that are directly open to the hacking scene of the Playstation 4. If you are new to the team, and would like to help. Here are a few tutorials and download links to get started now! Everyone is free to try to find exploits, and open doors for individuals.

Link to the Testkit .PUPs: You must login or register to view this content.
Link to J0lama's .pkg Extractor: You must login or register to view this content.
Link to Chaitin Entry Points + CVEs + more: You must login or register to view this content.
Link to update devkits/testkits by Niato: You must login or register to view this content.
Link to the tutorial on how to Decrypt & Dump usermodules: You must login or register to view this content.
Link to the added PS4 Kexec Code; 3.55-4.01-4.05 kaslr: You must login or register to view this content.
Link to eXtreme's Information on Files: You must login or register to view this content.
Link to PS4 Dev_Dumps Downloads by eXtreme: You must login or register to view this content.
Link to PS4Webkit PoC by Uint32: You must login or register to view this content.
Link to Morpheous' PS4FileNinja v1.0.0: You must login or register to view this content.
Link to Dragood2's FileBrowser + Gadget Extensions (3.55) : You must login or register to view this content.
Link to download the Chaitin Tool used in 4.01 Linux: You must login or register to view this content.
Link for Full Operational dlclose exploit: You must login or register to view this content.
Link to Spec's PKG Assesser Tool: You must login or register to view this content.
Link to install and run Linux on PS4: You must login or register to view this content.
Link to install and run Ubuntu on PS4: You must login or register to view this content.
Link to download PS4Link (Updated): You must login or register to view this content.
Link to Red's Trophy .TRP Extractor Tool: You must login or register to view this content.
Link to install and run Steam on PS4: You must login or register to view this content.
Link to PS4 Playground by PS4 Devs: You must login or register to view this content.
Link to Run FTP Filezilla on PS4: You must login or register to view this content.
Link to Debug Setting Download: You must login or register to view this content.

Warning To All Users

Part 6, Warnings: Hello NextGenUpdate, this part is to warn most of you all that is always downloading things throughout the internet. Many people tend to believe in everything in the internet, and end up downloading fake .exe's and tools. This is a message from ME. DON'T DOWNLOAD ANY PS4 MODS OFF OF YOUTUBE! Please don't trust anyone that says that they have their PS4 Jailbroken, and that have the files. They are usually R.A.T.s, Viruses, or even surveys. I encourage you to never download off of Youtube. Everything I post on the PS4 Modding Section will always be 100% Safe. This is just a warning to everyone! I always receive PMs or comments that they have seen individuals release tools, CFW Links, and also fake webpages! They are all fake! If any of you have a question for me about checking a tool out for you, please feel free to do so. I care for everyone of you, and wouldn't want to see you getting trolled over a fake download link. - Hydrogen

Credits

Part 7, Credits: Well, it seems we've got to the end of the revamp of this thread. I honestly think it is a better updated thread, and I want to credit some people as well. I want to say thank you to my only one person that made this happen because if he never would've unbanned me from NextGenUpdate, who knows would be providing you all information on this topic haha. Thank you to You must login or register to view this content., owner of NextGenUpdate, for everything! In addition, before I seriously started being so close to the scene. I did get all my news from the PS4 Reporters from You must login or register to view this content. & You must login or register to view this content.. They always had amazing lengthy articles over the news that has always been floating around in the scene, and I want to say thank you to them as well! Thank you to my boy Temp who has now guested himself off of NextGenUpdate lol. He was my ban-prison-cell-buddy. Defended me before my ban jiji. My final thank you to everyone who I mentioned on this thread. Without them, the scene would be dead, and we would have blank knowledge in-depth from the scene. I hope you all continue working harder every single day, and i'm proud to finish this thread finally after hours of editing & revamping. Hope you all have an amazing year, and lets try to finish 2016 in a positive strong way! #PS4Jailbreak #Positivity #ReverseEngineering #NGU

Before Unupdated Thread:

1) You must login or register to view this content.
2) You must login or register to view this content.
3) You must login or register to view this content.

Cheers, Hydrogen Hi

Last edited by Hydrogen ; 01-20-2017 at 04:44 PM.

The following 29 users say thank you to Hydrogen for this useful post:

-SuperMan, Algebra, alvinmp, bAdReQuEsT, brewing up, danilo_BR, DawidB, DeezShinyNutz, elgolumm, Expo_Modz, Frosty, G-NeR, hackerfield, iTruceFret, jacob_9191, joni_djESP, LaughTracks, lucasaf01, Mad Angry, mishary-1212, MODZ4FUN420, Mr.Peanut, NGM, NIO77, Pink Guy, sandro oliveira, Kronos, val26, xkoeckiiej
04-16-2016, 04:29 AM #11
dwi_745$$$
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by EyeX32 View Post
PlayStation 4 save data is getting pwned

Thx red lets get a nice GTA V tool now.
05-06-2016, 05:54 PM #12
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by dwi
Thx red lets get a nice GTA V tool now.

lol not going to happen any time soon, but we'll see :p
06-17-2016, 06:50 PM #13
Ill like to try
07-05-2016, 04:01 PM #14
Hope it gets jailbreaked soon
07-10-2016, 10:16 AM #15
WannaSmex_
I am error
Originally posted by xNIGHTMAREM0DZx View Post
oh the thought of granturismo 7 modding has made my mouth water

*SCREEMS LIKE A GIRL* WootWootWootWoot
07-10-2016, 11:23 AM #16
MariuszCK
NextGenUpdate Elite
And here the guy is a crook:
07-12-2016, 05:55 AM #17
Rammus99
Do a barrel roll!
third this
07-14-2016, 09:37 AM #18
Would be cool if this actually happens soon...

Good luck to al devs and coders!

#WeBelieve
07-15-2016, 12:44 AM #19
Originally posted by MariuszCK View Post
And here the guy is a crook:

Wtf the guys got a realy gta 5 menu on ps4!!!!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo