05-29-2016, 02:51 PM #1
Specter
Pro Memer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Tustin made an awesome PHP version of this as well, you can check it out You must login or register to view this content..

Note: This actually works on both PS3 and PS4 however more people are probably interested in it's PS4 pkg evaluation. If you have problems with certain packages, please leave a quote of the thread and I'll address it.

Introduction

Well some of you may have used my PS4 Pkg Assessor CLI that I coded in C++ a while ago, and looking back, it sucked. I didn't even realize how most packages wouldn't even work properly, as all the packages I tested were a .CNT magic, such as YouTube. Actual package files with the .PKG magic would crash the program because it didn't have the ability to handle it. The values also didn't align well, and many of you wanted a GUI version anyway.

After lots of fun problems to get around, with help from Smithy, I decided to do a GUI edition that fixed all these issues and had a nice look in Java. Due to it being coded in Java, a beautiful WORA language, this should work on pretty much any operating system.

One interesting new(ish) feature is for the package size and datasize, in brackets to the right is the decimal conversion in bytes. As you can see, the number of bytes can be fairly large going into many digits, so when I have some more spare time I'll allow it to go into kb/mb/gb when the files are large.

I would greatly appreciate it if those of you with GitHub accounts could star/watch the repo, that way it can reach even more people!

Important: You must give the program time! If you try to open a large package file (especially when you're getting into megabytes or even gigabytes, it could take a minute or two. The program runs through the entire file byte-by-byte to see things like the content ID and magic and such. If you clicky clicky and get impatient, you could crash the program, though it shouldn't take longer than a minute to load the file, and that's only if the file is extremely big.

Also, it appears only package files with CNT magic contain ASCII readable contents (ie. param.sfo). So nothing will appear in "Package Contents" if you load a package file that does not have a magic CNT header.

So what about the CLI?

In the future I'm going to redo the Command Line Interface version in Java because it's much cleaner, much easier to manage, and much less hell to be quite honest.

Open Sourcey-ness

Unlike the previous release, this one is going to be open-source on my GitHub. You're free to fork, contribute, or learn from it. I even went full out with documentation using JavaDoc as well. You may ask why my previous release wasn't open-source, and it wasn't because I wanted to keep the source private, but because the source was so quickly written and so messy that I did not want to release it. This time is different.

Preview Images

You must login or register to view this content.

Downloads and Links

Last edited by Specter ; 05-30-2016 at 01:32 AM.

The following 12 users say thank you to Specter for this useful post:

Red-EyeX32, Sabotage, Dog88Christian, EvilDevilReX, gοd, Kam, mishary-1212, Mr Smithy x, Not Rage, Kronos, Jon Snow, Tustin
05-29-2016, 03:05 PM #2
gοd
Vault dweller
Dope af man <3
05-29-2016, 06:36 PM #3
How about you extract all those files? Winky Winky
05-29-2016, 07:34 PM #4
suspect0
Can’t trickshot me!
Sorry but what could be this be useful in ps4?
You need jailbreak ps4?
I'm noob at these things i didn't understand
05-30-2016, 12:28 AM #5
Tustin
Balls of Steel
I wrote this in PHP because I'm INSANE!!!

I used lots of memes too

(oh and it's pretty fast which is hilarious considering I tested on PHP 5.6)
05-30-2016, 08:05 AM #6
Dog88Christian
Hail to the King, Baby!
Originally posted by suspect0 View Post
Sorry but what could be this be useful in ps4?
You need jailbreak ps4?
I'm noob at these things i didn't understand

To install the pkgs yes but you can access update files which is a key to much more. After extracting these files we can get a look at how games work and begin to modify them so when a jailbreak is released we have mods on standby.

The following user thanked Dog88Christian for this useful post:

Not Rage
08-18-2016, 11:06 AM #7
Hi! I am new to this whole Java thing, and I was just wondering how do I run this program? I see no .exe or anything and I don't get how JRE is or how it works, please help! Thanks!
08-20-2016, 11:38 AM #8
Bobberk
Do a barrel roll!
What does it do?
08-20-2016, 01:38 PM #9
NGM
Bounty hunter
Thanks tustin big step to get access with short way Claps
09-10-2016, 04:55 PM #10
Godsless
I am error
thanks man Smile