Post: PS4 DevKit / TestKit Root Kernel Dump on PC Demo by Esjonne12 Sda
07-27-2016, 05:44 PM #1
Hydrogen
Super Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Hey guys, Hydrogen here. So since no one likes sharing news, or releasing the tutorials from other developers atleast for NextGenUpdate. I guess i'll keep at it for you all. Also, to keep posted on the PS4 Hacking Scene. Make sure to join the PS4 Hacking Community on Playstation 4! PlayStation 4 Dev. esjonne12 Sda shared a video of that PS4 DevKit / TestKit developer kernel dump running on a PC. To quote what the user said, and also the tutorial for this. For the time sake, here is the posted tutorial by jonttufin.

I booted PS4 DevKit kernel on my PC

You remember that testkit root dump that leaked 2015 I ran that kernel on my PC?

Sorry for crappy quality

To boot it download You must login or register to view this content. [You must login or register to view this content.] on Google, extract all folders inside adm folder to isolinux bootable usb stick overwrite isolinux.cfg. I used You must login or register to view this content., if you use yumi you need to copy those files to /multiboot folder on usb, commands to run the kernel

1 configfile /multiboot/grub2_200
2 kfreebsd /multiboot/orbisys
3 kfreebsd_loadenv /multiboot/orbisys-root.cnf
4 kfreebsd_loadenv /multiboot/orbis.cnf
5 kfreebsd_loadenv /multiboot/orbis-itf.cnf
6 boot and now its booting.

ps it wont support ps2 keyboard Happy

<3Credits to Esjonne12, jonttufin, PSXHAX<3

Last edited by Hydrogen ; 07-27-2016 at 06:13 PM.
07-27-2016, 05:52 PM #2
Jincos
Do a barrel roll!
Things seem to be progressing in the scene. Hoping for a jailbreak before 2017 is over.

The following user thanked Jincos for this useful post:

SharkModding
07-27-2016, 07:37 PM #3
ProtoBuffers
Bounty hunter
Try Input matter or Universal USB Converter. Then again you have everything there you could add the drivers since it isn't a PS4 your booting on XD my friend tried that once and the PS3 caught on fire.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo