08-09-2016, 02:47 AM #1
Specter
Pro Memer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Introduction

So as most of you who read this section probably know, the other day Fire30 ported the PSVita exploit from HENKaku (originally developed by xyz), and I decided to build a project around this exploit. Where the original POC made you setup a python server on your PC and such, with PS4 Playground, everything works straight through your PS4's Web Browser. It was a bit of an annoyance to make everything work, especially when the exploit would crash the webkit process as soon as it was finished executing, however with some magic I made it work.

I stabilized and cleaned up the exploit a bit, and designed the site, however the credit for the exploit goes to Fire30 and xyz, and the original idea for PS4 Playground as well as the JuSt-ROP project all goes to CTurt. If you have anything to contribute, please feel free to fork the repository and submit a pull request.

Requirements

You will need FakeDNS to spoof manuals.playstation.net, you will also need XAMPP to run an apache host for PS4 Playground to run on. To quote the readme;

Originally posted by another user
You will need fakedns. You also need to edit the dns.conf to point to the ip address of your PC (can be found in cmd/terminal by typing ipconfig/ifconfig), and modify your consoles' DNS settings to point to your PC's address. Then type the following in your terminal;

python fakedns.py -c dns.conf

You will also need to setup xampp on your computer and run Apache on port 80. For the easiest method, in /htdocs, create the '/document/en/ps4' directory and place the files from this repo in there.

When your fake dns is running and you've setup your localhost server in xampp, you can navigate to PS4 -> Settings -> User Guide. It should then show PS4 Playground.

Notes

The exploit will not run correctly all of the time. Sometimes it will stick at stage 4 or webkit will crash before the script is finished. If it doesn't work at first, keep trying until it does, it shouldn't take long.

Refreshing the page after a successful attempt or going to another page will crash webkit. Just hit OK and it will resume to the next action you wanted to perform.

The project isn't 100% complete, it's an on-going work-in-progress.

Preview Images

You must login or register to view this content.

Acknowledgements

Fire30 - The porting of the WebKit Exploit to PS4
Xerpi - Functions in his POC edit that I ported over (these functions made things way easier and more efficient)
XYZ - The original exploit for the PSVita
CTurt - JuSt-ROP, the original PS4 Playground, as well as his work with 1.76.
Red-EyeX32 - Assistance in development

Links

You must login or register to view this content. - You must login or register to view this content.

While the exploit and PS4 Playground aren't incredibly useful at the moment, if and when a kernel exploit is found, things will get a lot more interesting
Last edited by Specter ; 08-11-2016 at 07:16 PM.

The following 39 users say thank you to Specter for this useful post:

/SneakerStreet/, 2much4u, ackendo, ANONY420, anonymous style, Red-EyeX32, BurnMoDzHQ, Creepzoid 0___0, DeezShinyNutz, DMAAR-7777, DMoney750, Dog88Christian, DrZepto, EdiTzZ, EvilDevilReX, Gryphus, Frosty, Geo, Im_YouViolateMe, itzyourboiidann, Joel, Kryptus, LaughTracks, lucasaf01, MOD-RuLeZ, MODZ4FUN420, Mr.Peanut, Nana, Darth Saul, seb5594, Kronos, Jon Snow, STVBDKD, User343234, Vondy Supreme, Xx-GIPPI-xX, xxmcvapourxx, yan88
08-19-2016, 03:05 AM #92
Jincos
Do a barrel roll!
Hey Specter, the file browser you posted on twitter doesn't work for me. I always get not enough free system memory when I click on Start Exploit.
08-19-2016, 04:59 AM #93
first we NEED kernel exploit
08-19-2016, 09:13 PM #94
seb5594
Proud Former Admin
nice work but i hope a kernel exploit won't be released so fast cause i'm working on a local exploitation server (i told ya specter Cool Troll)
looking forward to the ps4 hacking community Enzo

The following 2 users say thank you to seb5594 for this useful post:

ItsLollo1000, Specter
08-20-2016, 09:38 AM #95
ItsLollo1000
Little One
Originally posted by seb5594 View Post
nice work but i hope a kernel exploit won't be released so fast cause i'm working on a local exploitation server (i told ya specter Cool Troll)
looking forward to the ps4 hacking community Enzo

Nein! Er lebt 😍😍 :rolf:

The following user thanked ItsLollo1000 for this useful post:

seb5594
08-20-2016, 11:42 AM #96
Bobberk
Do a barrel roll!
What can this be used for? It doesn't look like any jailbreak :(
08-20-2016, 01:20 PM #97
It's used. To milk cats

The following user groaned anonymous style for this awful post:

ANONY420
08-20-2016, 04:47 PM #98
ANONY420
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by jincos7s View Post
Hey Specter, the file browser you posted on twitter doesn't work for me. I always get not enough free system memory when I click on Start Exploit.

Done that for me too try full screen then start exploit

The following user thanked ANONY420 for this useful post:

Jincos
08-20-2016, 05:15 PM #99
Jincos
Do a barrel roll!
Thanks dude it worked! I clicked on dislike by accident, how can I fix it, sorry mate.
08-20-2016, 05:27 PM #100
ANONY420
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by jincos7s View Post
Thanks dude it worked! I clicked on dislike by accident, how can I fix it, sorry mate.

Ok cool, am i think if you hit thumbs up it takes it away not to sure

The following user thanked ANONY420 for this useful post:

anonymous style

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo