08-09-2016, 02:47 AM #1
Specter
Pro Memer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Introduction

So as most of you who read this section probably know, the other day Fire30 ported the PSVita exploit from HENKaku (originally developed by xyz), and I decided to build a project around this exploit. Where the original POC made you setup a python server on your PC and such, with PS4 Playground, everything works straight through your PS4's Web Browser. It was a bit of an annoyance to make everything work, especially when the exploit would crash the webkit process as soon as it was finished executing, however with some magic I made it work.

I stabilized and cleaned up the exploit a bit, and designed the site, however the credit for the exploit goes to Fire30 and xyz, and the original idea for PS4 Playground as well as the JuSt-ROP project all goes to CTurt. If you have anything to contribute, please feel free to fork the repository and submit a pull request.

Requirements

You will need FakeDNS to spoof manuals.playstation.net, you will also need XAMPP to run an apache host for PS4 Playground to run on. To quote the readme;

Originally posted by another user
You will need fakedns. You also need to edit the dns.conf to point to the ip address of your PC (can be found in cmd/terminal by typing ipconfig/ifconfig), and modify your consoles' DNS settings to point to your PC's address. Then type the following in your terminal;

python fakedns.py -c dns.conf

You will also need to setup xampp on your computer and run Apache on port 80. For the easiest method, in /htdocs, create the '/document/en/ps4' directory and place the files from this repo in there.

When your fake dns is running and you've setup your localhost server in xampp, you can navigate to PS4 -> Settings -> User Guide. It should then show PS4 Playground.

Notes

The exploit will not run correctly all of the time. Sometimes it will stick at stage 4 or webkit will crash before the script is finished. If it doesn't work at first, keep trying until it does, it shouldn't take long.

Refreshing the page after a successful attempt or going to another page will crash webkit. Just hit OK and it will resume to the next action you wanted to perform.

The project isn't 100% complete, it's an on-going work-in-progress.

Preview Images

You must login or register to view this content.

Acknowledgements

Fire30 - The porting of the WebKit Exploit to PS4
Xerpi - Functions in his POC edit that I ported over (these functions made things way easier and more efficient)
XYZ - The original exploit for the PSVita
CTurt - JuSt-ROP, the original PS4 Playground, as well as his work with 1.76.
Red-EyeX32 - Assistance in development

Links

You must login or register to view this content. - You must login or register to view this content.

While the exploit and PS4 Playground aren't incredibly useful at the moment, if and when a kernel exploit is found, things will get a lot more interesting
Last edited by Specter ; 08-11-2016 at 07:16 PM.

The following 39 users say thank you to Specter for this useful post:

/SneakerStreet/, 2much4u, ackendo, ANONY420, anonymous style, Red-EyeX32, BurnMoDzHQ, Creepzoid 0___0, DeezShinyNutz, DMAAR-7777, DMoney750, Dog88Christian, DrZepto, EdiTzZ, EvilDevilReX, Gryphus, Frosty, Geo, Im_YouViolateMe, itzyourboiidann, Joel, Kryptus, LaughTracks, lucasaf01, MOD-RuLeZ, MODZ4FUN420, Mr.Peanut, Nana, Darth Saul, seb5594, Kronos, Jon Snow, STVBDKD, User343234, Vondy Supreme, Xx-GIPPI-xX, xxmcvapourxx, yan88
08-09-2016, 03:18 AM #2
Dog88Christian
Hail to the King, Baby!
3.55 Jailbreak again Cool Troll

The following 6 users say thank you to Dog88Christian for this useful post:

DeezShinyNutz, Egzec, lucasaf01, MOD-RuLeZ, SharkModding, Specter
08-09-2016, 04:15 AM #3
Joeyxx
Save Point
Omg man ! Can i see the certificat key of ps4 to decrypt ssl with wireshark ^^ ?
What is the difference about poc and without poc

The following user groaned Joeyxx for this awful post:

Red-EyeX32
08-09-2016, 04:28 AM #4
RedTec
Haxor!
Wish I was that smart XD.
Keep up the good work.!
08-09-2016, 04:37 AM #5
ANONY420
NextGenUpdate Elite
Nice work progress
08-09-2016, 06:17 AM #6
shawncarnage
Little One
How is this not a kex?
08-09-2016, 06:54 AM #7
2much4u
1337 H4X0R
I pressed that damn Evaluate System button about 100 times and 99% of the time it either did nothing or said "There is not enough free system memory."

Worked once though tears

Edit: An unfathomable amount of tries later, have yet to get address results more than once.
Last edited by 2much4u ; 08-09-2016 at 07:08 AM.

The following user thanked 2much4u for this useful post:

X-UNDEAD_NINJA2
08-09-2016, 07:56 AM #8
Originally posted by Specter View Post
Introduction

So as most of you who read this section probably know, the other day Fire30 ported the PSVita exploit from HENKaku (originally developed by xyz), and I decided to build a project around this exploit. Where the original POC made you setup a python server on your PC and such, with PS4 Playground, everything works straight through your PS4's Web Browser. It was a bit of an annoyance to make everything work, especially when the exploit would crash the webkit process as soon as it was finished executing, however with some magic I made it work.

I stabilized and cleaned up the exploit a bit, and designed the site, however the credit for the exploit goes to Fire30 and xyz, and the original idea for PS4 Playground as well as the JuSt-ROP project all goes to CTurt. If you have anything to contribute, please feel free to fork the repository and submit a pull request.

Requirements

You will need FakeDNS to spoof manuals.playstation.net, you will also need XAMPP to run an apache host for PS4 Playground to run on. To quote the readme;

Notes

The exploit will not run correctly all of the time. Sometimes it will stick at stage 4 or webkit will crash before the script is finished. If it doesn't work at first, keep trying until it does, it shouldn't take long.

Refreshing the page after a successful attempt or going to another page will crash webkit. Just hit OK and it will resume to the next action you wanted to perform.

The project isn't 100% complete, and ROP doesn't seem to work without breaking the entire script yet. This is being worked on.

Preview Images

You must login or register to view this content.

Acknowledgements

Fire30 - The porting of the WebKit Exploit to PS4
XYZ - The original exploit for the PSVita
CTurt - JuSt-ROP, the original PS4 Playground, as well as his work with 1.76.
Red-EyeX32 - Assistance in development

Links

You must login or register to view this content. - You must login or register to view this content.

While the exploit and PS4 Playground aren't incredibly useful at the moment, if and when a kernel exploit is found, things will get a lot more interesting

may i say congratulations on your work both you and red-eye it's nice to see someone finally do something for people above 1.76 May never know some anonymous could just drop something any time soon ;-p

well done boys!!! keep it up
08-09-2016, 09:37 AM #9
OG Trojan041
Little One
How do I get free BO3 DLC with this?

The following 3 users say thank you to OG Trojan041 for this useful post:

Hells, Hola, TehMike

The following 2 users groaned at OG Trojan041 for this awful post:

Red-EyeX32, BurtE
08-09-2016, 09:44 AM #10
Kronos
Former Staff