Post: Do You Think There Will Be A Hardware Flasher For PS4?
08-22-2016, 06:31 PM #1
Decommit
Little One
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); If a jailbreak does come for firmware version 1.76. Do you think there will be a hardware flasher like a E3 Flasher for NOR Chip PS3s, and a T-Flasher for NAND Chip PS3s? I think probably not, as Sony learned there mistakes for the last generation and tired there best to make sure any "exploits" to hardware of the PS4 aren't possible. (couldn't think of a better term sorry that's why I put "") But part of me hopes it's does happen, I know it would take a while (Most Likely) but it would be awesome if there was one. What are your thoughts? I'm carious to know what other people think. if there's already a thread for this topic, sorry about the repost. i was just wondering if other people think there will be any type of hardware flasher for PS4 to downgrade it to 1.76, because I got my ps4 on 1.76 :salll: (Original Destiny Bundle White PS4)
08-22-2016, 06:54 PM #2
BurtE
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by Asortive View Post
If a jailbreak does come for firmware version 1.76. Do you think there will be a hardware flasher like a E3 Flasher for NOR Chip PS3s, and a T-Flasher for NAND Chip PS3s? I think probably not, as Sony learned there mistakes for the last generation and tired there best to make sure any "exploits" to hardware of the PS4 aren't possible. (couldn't think of a better term sorry that's why I put "") But part of me hopes it's does happen, I know it would take a while (Most Likely) but it would be awesome if there was one. What are your thoughts? I'm carious to know what other people think. if there's already a thread for this topic, sorry about the repost. i was just wondering if other people think there will be any type of hardware flasher for PS4 to downgrade it to 1.76, because I got my ps4 on 1.76 :salll: (Original Destiny Bundle White PS4)

you can dump firmware/flash from ps4 nor already with teensy and SPIWay
Last edited by BurtE ; 08-22-2016 at 06:58 PM.

The following user thanked BurtE for this useful post:

Decommit
08-22-2016, 07:18 PM #3
Best Mate
Dark Knight
Originally posted by BurtE View Post
you can dump firmware/flash from ps4 nor already with teensy and SPIWay

Wowzers
08-22-2016, 08:19 PM #4
Dog88Christian
Hail to the King, Baby!
Originally posted by Asortive View Post
If a jailbreak does come for firmware version 1.76. Do you think there will be a hardware flasher like a E3 Flasher for NOR Chip PS3s, and a T-Flasher for NAND Chip PS3s? I think probably not, as Sony learned there mistakes for the last generation and tired there best to make sure any "exploits" to hardware of the PS4 aren't possible. (couldn't think of a better term sorry that's why I put "") But part of me hopes it's does happen, I know it would take a while (Most Likely) but it would be awesome if there was one. What are your thoughts? I'm carious to know what other people think. if there's already a thread for this topic, sorry about the repost. i was just wondering if other people think there will be any type of hardware flasher for PS4 to downgrade it to 1.76, because I got my ps4 on 1.76 :salll: (Original Destiny Bundle White PS4)

You can't fully "patch" hardware, it's possible to make flashers for it. You always modify it. It's not like it's being changed, and like the other dude said.. Some from PS3 already work.
08-23-2016, 02:06 AM #5
SC58
Former Staff
it's possible some way or another but right now no one is prob really looking to do downgrades, this will be a while or will not happen at all

testkits/devkits can be downgraded so it is possible anyhow :p

The following 2 users say thank you to SC58 for this useful post:

Decommit, Dog88Christian

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo