12-13-2016, 11:49 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Brief Summary
After a few weeks of research and development on my PS4, i've created a small tool to show the possibilities on the PS4. This is very similar to what Bad ChoicesZ has done (Created an API, to allow reading / writing to process memory, then creating an RPC in assembly for GTA). Note the same thing can be done for any game on the PS4, i just started with GTA as i'm familiar with alot of it from PS3.

Before you ask, no you can't get online, at least not yet.

Side Note
I was thinking of creating an Ebook on Computing, which will cover all concepts related to modding on PS3 and PS4. This will take a while as im currently at University studying a Computer Science degree. I just wanted to know if people were interested in such a thing and if people wanted to learn.

This is a quick initial thought and breakdown of headings to be covered, if you want any others covering be sure to tell me be in the comments below;

- Memory

Number Formats

Awesome faceecimal
‣Binary
‣Hexadecimal

Data Storage

‣Bytes
‣Integral Numbers
‣Real Numbers
‣Strings

Addresses

‣Absolute
‣Logical
‣Relative

◦ Virtual Memory Mapping
◦ Finding Memory Addresses
◦ Pointers

- Language Generations

◦ High Level Languages
◦ Assembly Languages
◦ Machine Code

- Programming

General Programming Patterns

Awesome faceata Types
‣Variables
‣Operators
‣Relational Operators
‣Logical Operators
Statements

⁍ If; else if; else
⁍ Switch
⁍ For
⁍ While

‣Method / Procedure / Function
‣Arrays
‣Events
‣Threads
Classes

⁍ Inheritance
⁍ Polymorphism

◦ C#
◦ C

- Assembly

◦ PowerPC
◦ X86-64

- Debugging

◦ Registers
◦ Breakpoints

- RPC (Remote Procedural Call)
Last edited by Ludicrous Beach ; 12-15-2016 at 08:38 AM.

The following 33 users say thank you to Ludicrous Beach for this useful post:

aaron25th, Algebra, BAD_ROBOT, Boliberrys, DawidB, Destroyer_MMXV, DMAAR-7777, Dog88Christian, Dro, energie93, Father Luckeyy, G-NeR, hibye3, Hydrogen, iAmChump, Im_YouViolateMe, Je Modz, KL9, Kryptus, MenUru, MODZ4FUN420, NomanGaming, Norway-_-1999, Darth Saul, Pianist Prodigy, Playstation VR, RF0oDxM0Dz, Kronos, VenoxCoding, WILDEMODZ, Xx-GIPPI-xX, XxBlud23xX, Yolo Brahs !
12-13-2016, 01:49 PM #2
Originally posted by Ludicrous
Brief Summary
After a few weeks of research and development on my PS4, i've created a small tool to show the possibilities on the PS4. This is very similar to what Bad ChoicesZ has done (Created an API, to allow reading / writing to process memory, then creating an RPC in assembly for GTA). Note the same thing can be done for any game on the PS4, i just started with GTA as i'm familiar with alot of it from PS3.

Side Note
I was thinking of creating an EBOOK on Computing, which will cover all concepts related to modding on PS3 and PS4. This will take a while as im currently at University studying a Computer Science degree. I just wanted to know if people were interested in such a thing and if people wanted to learn.

This is a quick initial thought and breakdown of headings to be covered, if you want any others covering be sure to tell me be in the comments below;

- Memory

Number Formats

Awesome faceecimal
‣Binary
‣Hexadecimal

Data Storage

‣Bytes
‣Integral Numbers
‣Real Numbers
‣Strings

Addresses

‣Absolute
‣Logical
‣Relative

◦ Virtual Memory Mapping
◦ Pointers

- Language Generations

◦ High Level Languages
◦ Assembly Languages
◦ Machine Code

- Programming

Awesome faceata Types
‣Variables
‣Operators
‣Relational Operators
‣Logical Operators
Statements

⁍ If; else if; else
⁍ Switch
⁍ For
⁍ While

‣Arrays
‣Events
‣Threads
Classes

⁍ Inheritance
⁍ Polymorphism

◦ C#
◦ C

- Assembly

◦ PowerPC
◦ X86-64

- Debugging

◦ Registers
◦ Breakpoints

Don't make a book on how to program, there's thousands of those. Make your book on memory and how data is stored and the lower level stuff, what's on the internet already seems all so complicated.

The following user thanked John for this useful post:

Norway-_-1999
12-13-2016, 02:30 PM #3
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Brief Summary

Side Note
I was thinking of creating an EBOOK on Computing, which will cover all concepts related to modding on PS3 and PS4. This will take a while as im currently at University studying a Computer Science degree. I just wanted to know if people were interested in such a thing and if people wanted to learn.

- Memory

Number Formats

Awesome faceecimal
‣Binary
‣Hexadecimal

Data Storage

‣Bytes
‣Integral Numbers
‣Real Numbers
‣Strings

Addresses

‣Absolute
‣Logical
‣Relative

◦ Virtual Memory Mapping
◦ Pointers

- Language Generations

◦ High Level Languages
◦ Assembly Languages
◦ Machine Code

- Programming

Awesome faceata Types
‣Variables
‣Operators
‣Relational Operators
‣Logical Operators
Statements

⁍ If; else if; else
⁍ Switch
⁍ For
⁍ While

‣Arrays
‣Events
‣Threads
Classes

⁍ Inheritance
⁍ Polymorphism

◦ C#
◦ C

- Assembly

◦ PowerPC
◦ X86-64

- Debugging

◦ Registers
◦ Breakpoints

Bout time you released it bb girl Cool Troll
12-13-2016, 03:07 PM #4
Brief Summary

Side Note

- Memory

Number Formats

Awesome faceecimal
‣Binary
‣Hexadecimal

Data Storage

‣Bytes
‣Integral Numbers
‣Real Numbers
‣Strings

Addresses

‣Absolute
‣Logical
‣Relative

◦ Virtual Memory Mapping
◦ Pointers

- Language Generations

◦ High Level Languages
◦ Assembly Languages
◦ Machine Code

- Programming

Awesome faceata Types
‣Variables
‣Operators
‣Relational Operators
‣Logical Operators
Statements

⁍ If; else if; else
⁍ Switch
⁍ For
⁍ While

‣Arrays
‣Events
‣Threads
Classes

⁍ Inheritance
⁍ Polymorphism

◦ C#
◦ C

- Assembly

◦ PowerPC
◦ X86-64

- Debugging

◦ Registers
◦ Breakpoints

I feel you could have done a little bit more like calling some more unique natives since the video is pretty short. But all in all nice showcase
12-13-2016, 03:39 PM #5
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by John View Post
Don't make a book on how to program, there's thousands of those. Make your book on memory and how data is stored and the lower level stuff, what's on the internet already seems all so complicated.

Yet most of it on the internet is completely wrong most of the time, but I do like your idea though on the Memory/Data Storing.
12-13-2016, 03:44 PM #6
Originally posted by Maniacal
I feel you could have done a little bit more like calling some more unique natives since the video is pretty short. But all in all nice showcase

Yeah i know, this tool took like 15mins to make once i managed to get the RPC working, theres a few bugs and issues i need to figure out but i kinda just wanted to show people I was working on the development and what not, next video hopefully will be a fully built tool almost the same as LTS for PS3.

The following 5 users say thank you to Ludicrous Beach for this useful post:

Algebra, Dog88Christian, Hydrogen, Kronos, Yolo Brahs !
12-13-2016, 04:11 PM #7
hella nice man, pretty sure it's going to be a great release since your mod menus are off the chain!
12-13-2016, 06:14 PM #8
Kryptus
Former Staff Manager
Looks neat. Good job.
12-13-2016, 07:06 PM #9
shawncarnage
Little One
Nice I have my 1.76 ready if you have any pre online releases.
12-13-2016, 07:32 PM #10
do you release a connect tool for works on it , i have a 1.76 , and 3.55 and pro 3.70

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo