Post: PS4 DevKits Activated Until 2020 + Resource Code Spotted CP in PS4?
01-20-2017, 06:23 PM #1
Hydrogen
Super Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Previously on Twitter, You must login or register to view this content. had shared some news discussing about how the Vita DevKit could be activated until the year 2020 with a method. He did explain to me stating that if the PS4 has a CP Board, this could be possible for Devkits for the Playstation 4 Console. I tried lurking around the internet to see if it had one, but for me I had no luck finding it anywhere.

Luckily, PS4 Developer You must login or register to view this content. (Z80) had tweeted at me some code on Pastebin that the PS4 may actually have a CP Board. This is getting interesting since if this may come out true, DevKits could be ran for a long time from now. Which can really benefit other developers working up on some projects / reversing the console.

I'll keep digging around, and gathering some data in order to see if it's fully functional. In addition, i'll see if I can get my hands on that method from Silica towards the Devkit Vita 2020 Activation.

This was found in TMServer-3_50_0_55.msi

Pastebin: You must login or register to view this content.
RAW File: You must login or register to view this content.

internal class CpUpdatePlugIn : IPlugIn
{
public override string Name
{
get { return "recover-cp"; }
}

public override string Options
{
get { return "file [devkit ...]"; }
}

public override bool IsValidArgCount(int argc)
{
return argc >= 1;
}

public override string HelpString
{
get { return "Updates the firmware of the DevKit with the cpupdater.bin file specified."; }
}

public override bool Hidden
{
get { return true; }
}

public override bool Execute(List<string> args)
{
ORTMAPI tm = null;
API.Instance(out tm);

string path = Path.GetFullPath(args[0]);
args.RemoveAt(0);

bool success = false;
List<ITarget> targets = TargetListHelper.TargetList(tm, args);

foreach (ITarget tgt in targets)
{
try
{
using (CtrlCHandler handler = CtrlCHandler.StandardCtrlCHandler(tgt))
using (RefCountedConnection rc = new RefCountedConnection(tgt))
{
ITarget23 tgt23 = (ITarget23)tgt;

CpUpdateProgressHandler ph = new CpUpdateProgressHandler(tm, tgt);
tgt23.UpdateCPFirmware(path);
success = ph.Success || success;
}
}
catch (COMException e)
{
ErrorHelper.PrintError(tm, e);
}
}

return success;
}
}

Major thanks to ZiL0G86 for sharing the pastebin to me on Twitter :fout:

The following user groaned Hydrogen for this awful post:

Hola
01-20-2017, 11:37 PM #2
Hydrogen
Super Mod
So ZiL0G86 will start testing it out very soon. We have got the method from ASSEMBler, and hopefully it ends up working when he gets his Devkit soon!
01-21-2017, 02:38 PM #3
01cedricv2
NGU Elite Lifetime Mermber
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
So ZiL0G86 will start testing it out very soon. We have got the method from ASSEMBler, and hopefully it ends up working when he gets his Devkit soon!

You must login or register to view this content.

Kappa
01-21-2017, 03:11 PM #4
01-21-2017, 09:30 PM #5
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by 01cedricv2 View Post

Kappa

Of course it's nothing PS4 Related. Pixel stated that to PSXHAX, because he put "PS4 DevKit Guide" when overall it wasn't a PS4 Guide.

What I said in this thread was that since we know now that the PS4 has a Control Panel Board (CP Board), we could actually copycat the Vita Method to see if it could work for the PS4 as well. Vita/PS4 has different kernels, and SAMU might get in the way, BUT even if this were to work, it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Still would be nice to see it work, Z80 will test it out soon when his DevKit arrives! Hope I restated that well so you don't think I meant something else haha Upside Down Happy
01-21-2017, 10:31 PM #6
01cedricv2
NGU Elite Lifetime Mermber
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
Of course it's nothing PS4 Related. Pixel stated that to PSXHAX, because he put "PS4 DevKit Guide" when overall it wasn't a PS4 Guide.

What I said in this thread was that since we know now that the PS4 has a Control Panel Board (CP Board), we could actually copycat the Vita Method to see if it could work for the PS4 as well. Vita/PS4 has different kernels, and SAMU might get in the way, BUT even if this were to work, it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Still would be nice to see it work, Z80 will test it out soon when his DevKit arrives! Hope I restated that well so you don't think I meant something else haha Upside Down Happy

I see, I will Test it on my Testing Kit too, when I get it in February! Smile

The following user thanked 01cedricv2 for this useful post:

Hydrogen
02-03-2017, 09:24 PM #7
It looks like my buyers are always happy with my products! Happy hahaha

The following 2 users say thank you to SIE_DevNet for this useful post:

01cedricv2, Hydrogen
02-03-2017, 10:02 PM #8
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by DevNet View Post
It looks like my buyers are always happy with my products! Happy hahaha