02-28-2017, 01:38 AM #1
Specter
Pro Memer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Introduction

Been a while since a cool release has been made in regards to the PS4, so Red-EyeX32 and I worked on the PS4 Package Finder. PS4 Package Finder is a site which utilizes Sony's API to fetch package information for a given title ID. Red helped with the implementation, and we implemented a site that would simplify the process and display the contents nicely for you. As it stands there's still more to implement, in later updates we're going to parse the manifests and such, but for now PS4 Package Finder will do the following;

• Check if the latest patch is mandatory
  • Show the latest patch number
  • Displays the minimum system firmware required to run the game on the latest firmware
  • Gives the content ID of the given title
  • Fetches the latest delta package link

Screenshots

You must login or register to view this content.

Notes

The NP environment is the most common for game titles, unless you're trying to run this on debug stuff, you most likely want to use the NP environment.

The Site

The site can be found at You must login or register to view this content..

Credits

- Red-EyeX32
- Specter

The following 27 users say thank you to Specter for this useful post:

2much4u, BadChoicesZ, BaumHF1, Red-EyeX32, CallMeDex, CavaloDeTroia10, DawidB, DMAAR-7777, Dog88Christian, Gryphus, FrogPap, G-NeR, hibye3, Hydrogen, iDontRte, Je Modz, Kronos, MODZ4FUN420, MotivationFST, NGU GHOST, Playstation VR, Right, SHAkA, smithy22, STVBDKD, Tustin, wajdi9
02-28-2017, 07:43 AM #11
Specter
Pro Memer
Originally posted by SC58 View Post
what u mean delta pkg?

there is a pkg for them regions wat

Of course there are packages, the links for downloading are not the main TU packages (though hopefully soon they will be), the delta package is different. It seems older games (Ghosts, NHL 15, etc.) don't have a delta package, it may be a newer addition to the package system to increase download times, though I'm still not incredibly sure how the package system works on the PS4 nor the entire purpose of the delta package file. The PS4's package file system seems to differ quite a bit from how the PS3 was setup. I'm probably going to look into this more over the next little while.
02-28-2017, 01:44 PM #12
Jon Snow
Di DonDadda
Nice Release!
02-28-2017, 01:52 PM #13
Kronos
Former Staff
Originally posted by Specter View Post
Introduction

Been a while since a cool release has been made in regards to the PS4, so Red-EyeX32 and I worked on the PS4 Package Finder. PS4 Package Finder is a site which utilizes Sony's API to fetch package information for a given title ID. Red helped with the implementation, and we implemented a site that would simplify the process and display the contents nicely for you. As it stands there's still more to implement, in later updates we're going to parse the manifests and such, but for now PS4 Package Finder will do the following;

• Check if the latest patch is mandatory
  • Show the latest patch number
  • Displays the minimum system firmware required to run the game on the latest firmware
  • Gives the content ID of the given title
  • Fetches the latest delta package link

Screenshots

You must login or register to view this content.

Notes

The NP environment is the most common for game titles, unless you're trying to run this on debug stuff, you most likely want to use the NP environment.

The Site

The site can be found at You must login or register to view this content..

Credits

- Red-EyeX32
- Specter

Great Release Spec and Red-Eye! we look forward to more from you Smile
02-28-2017, 03:10 PM #14
MotivationFST
Do a barrel roll!
There is some thread where they specify the different regions of the IDs of the games?

Regards
02-28-2017, 08:27 PM #15
This is piracy!
02-28-2017, 09:21 PM #16
SC58
Former Staff
Originally posted by Specter View Post
Of course there are packages, the links for downloading are not the main TU packages (though hopefully soon they will be), the delta package is different. It seems older games (Ghosts, NHL 15, etc.) don't have a delta package, it may be a newer addition to the package system to increase download times, though I'm still not incredibly sure how the package system works on the PS4 nor the entire purpose of the delta package file. The PS4's package file system seems to differ quite a bit from how the PS3 was setup. I'm probably going to look into this more over the next little while.

you should update it to list every update pkg on the server of that game instead of just the latest as i would like to get some older updates for some games :p

The following 2 users say thank you to SC58 for this useful post:

NGU GHOST, Right
02-28-2017, 10:21 PM #17
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by Daniel41550 View Post
This is piracy!

Take your hand, and quickly move it towards your face Happy

The following user thanked Hydrogen for this useful post:

Right
03-01-2017, 07:40 AM #18
Originally posted by Daniel41550 View Post
This is piracy!

This is a response!
03-01-2017, 06:50 PM #19
Originally posted by SC58 View Post
you should update it to list every update pkg on the server of that game instead of just the latest as i would like to get some older updates for some games :p

Well it's always going to be the latest update... and the pkg is split into pieces. We're working on it.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo