Post: PS4 4.50 AND 4.55 Firmware Has Been Hacked by Qwertyoruiopz
04-19-2017, 01:34 PM #1
Hydrogen
Super Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Previously on Prison Break Kappa, Luca had shared his WebKit Exploit which actually was a big impact to the PS4 Scene. Knowing that Sony screwed up updating the PS4 to 4.55, this actually made it get even better. Since the jsc features made exploitation easier, this meant the 4.5X firmwares were officially going bye bye. Fast forwarding to today, PS4 4.50 and 4.55 Firmware has been pwned by PS4/iOS Hacker You must login or register to view this content..

Now, here's the catch. He tweeted out stating to Zecoxao saying that it's taking a while to port the Kernel Exploit from the UID being 1 and not 0. If a Kernel Exploit combines with all this work being put thanks to his WebKit Exploit... there's a huge potential for a jailbreak and also piracy which I don't condone nor will talk about it here. Anyways, since we're extremely on a higher firmware, this could light up the scene with spoofing on online access and jailbreaking.

PS4 4.55 is confirmed vulnerable to both webkit rce & kernel lpe.

Last edited by Hydrogen ; 04-19-2017 at 06:06 PM.

The following 35 users say thank you to Hydrogen for this useful post:

/SneakerStreet/, Okami, Algebra, BaumHF1, Big_Buddha, danilo_BR, Dav3s, DEv_ShOoTz, Devious, Dog88Christian, EvilDevilReX, Fixed Username, Fleek Designs, GelsonSilva, gluesniffinpete, Grezinn, hibye3, Beats, iDontRte, ItzZ_Arsenaly, Je Modz, Kavi Modz, MrRsoul, Nana, NELUxP, Member35342235, Darth Saul, kankuro33, RF0oDxM0Dz, saeed19971, Shadow, STVBDKD, User343234, X-UNDEAD_NINJA2, xSOADx
04-19-2017, 04:46 PM #11
we always get updates like these, the question is will we get something out of it or will it be held privately
04-19-2017, 05:00 PM #12
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by Dog88Christian View Post
He said 4.5X, so that would mean 4.55 as well right? Outty is right, they aren't "shitposts". You are doing your job reporting in and informing everyone. The majority of us appreciate it, so thank you! Keep up the good work!

Ain't the image I added in the thread GOLD? Kappa

The following user thanked Hydrogen for this useful post:

Dog88Christian
04-19-2017, 05:02 PM #13
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by Nitrowolf2 View Post
we always get updates like these, the question is will we get something out of it or will it be held privately

Depends, if it's really something big it'll stay private until someone drops the crumbs. In addition, I mean he has been releasing his stuff, so even if he doesn't release anything, another RE will learn from it and do it.
04-19-2017, 05:15 PM #14
Playstation VR
Pokemon Trainer
I dont have to much time to be in Foruns so i get everyday Updates only from here in my Phone.
You keep me Updated everyday, and for that a big Thanks ! Cheers
04-19-2017, 05:28 PM #15
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by TxcticaLx
He will release it to his RCE Party domain and tweet out when its live

Originally posted by BOSS View Post
Thanks for the reply. As you can tell from my post count, I'm a bit new here Happy What exactly would we have to do on the user-end once he releases this exploit? Does it get compiled somehow? My apologies for my n00biness heh.

Originally posted by CC
you right besides sony might be looking at him as well

Originally posted by Nitrowolf2 View Post

Originally posted by Playstation
I dont have to much time to be in Foruns so i get everyday Updates only from here in my Phone.
You keep me Updated everyday, and for that a big Thanks ! Cheers

Originally posted by jakehop22 View Post
Legen .. wait for it .. dary!

Originally posted by CC
Wish he wasn't so vague about what he has done to pwn it

Originally posted by Outsider
I don't think reporting qualifies as shitposting. There would legit be 2-3 threads a week without you, and for those of us that don't follow more than a few people on Twitter in the scene, thank you :p

Originally posted by Dog88Christian View Post
He said 4.5X, so that would mean 4.55 as well right? Outty is right, they aren't "shitposts". You are doing your job reporting in and informing everyone. The majority of us appreciate it, so thank you! Keep up the good work!

I just updated the thread since I felt nice explaining a ton of stuff. Enjoy.
04-19-2017, 06:06 PM #16
Hydrogen
Super Mod
BREAKING NEWS: PS4 4.55 is confirmed vulnerable to both webkit rce & kernel lpe.

The following 3 users say thank you to Hydrogen for this useful post:

Big_Buddha, gluesniffinpete, Shadow
04-19-2017, 06:30 PM #17
Nice Smile
04-19-2017, 06:51 PM #18
abraham_8p
WEED SMOKER 420 xD
Would it be available for Ps4 Pro to? so i don't update Geo
04-19-2017, 06:56 PM #19
Shadow
Banned
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
BREAKING NEWS: PS4 4.55 is confirmed vulnerable to both webkit rce & kernel lpe.

im wet thanks for the update always enjoy reading your post

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo