Post: PS4 4.50 AND 4.55 Firmware Has Been Hacked by Qwertyoruiopz
04-19-2017, 01:34 PM #1
Hydrogen
Super Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Previously on Prison Break Kappa, Luca had shared his WebKit Exploit which actually was a big impact to the PS4 Scene. Knowing that Sony screwed up updating the PS4 to 4.55, this actually made it get even better. Since the jsc features made exploitation easier, this meant the 4.5X firmwares were officially going bye bye. Fast forwarding to today, PS4 4.50 and 4.55 Firmware has been pwned by PS4/iOS Hacker You must login or register to view this content..

Now, here's the catch. He tweeted out stating to Zecoxao saying that it's taking a while to port the Kernel Exploit from the UID being 1 and not 0. If a Kernel Exploit combines with all this work being put thanks to his WebKit Exploit... there's a huge potential for a jailbreak and also piracy which I don't condone nor will talk about it here. Anyways, since we're extremely on a higher firmware, this could light up the scene with spoofing on online access and jailbreaking.

PS4 4.55 is confirmed vulnerable to both webkit rce & kernel lpe.

Last edited by Hydrogen ; 04-19-2017 at 06:06 PM.

The following 35 users say thank you to Hydrogen for this useful post:

/SneakerStreet/, Okami, Algebra, BaumHF1, Big_Buddha, danilo_BR, Dav3s, DEv_ShOoTz, Devious, Dog88Christian, EvilDevilReX, Fixed Username, Fleek Designs, GelsonSilva, gluesniffinpete, Grezinn, hibye3, Beats, iDontRte, ItzZ_Arsenaly, Je Modz, Kavi Modz, MrRsoul, Nana, NELUxP, Member35342235, Darth Saul, kankuro33, RF0oDxM0Dz, saeed19971, Shadow, STVBDKD, User343234, X-UNDEAD_NINJA2, xSOADx
04-19-2017, 01:38 PM #2
jakehop22
Coupon Supreme
Legen .. wait for it .. dary!
04-19-2017, 01:53 PM #3
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
Since I post all these threads, and they're all "shitposts", I'm glad to say they're going to be shitposts and be straight forward from now on.

Anyways, PS4 4.50 Firmware has been pwned by PS4/iOS Hacker You must login or register to view this content.. Bye.

It'd be nice if a Cydia-like environment was ported to PS4, like a homebrew PSNStore.

The following 3 users say thank you to Frosty for this useful post:

Fleek Designs, Speedy, Tristen
04-19-2017, 01:55 PM #4
Shadow
Banned
Wish he wasn't so vague about what he has done to pwn it
04-19-2017, 02:22 PM #5
Dog88Christian
Hail to the King, Baby!
Originally posted by Outsider
I don't think reporting qualifies as shitposting. There would legit be 2-3 threads a week without you, and for those of us that don't follow more than a few people on Twitter in the scene, thank you :p

Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
Since I post all these threads, and they're all "shitposts", I'm glad to say they're going to be shitposts and be straight forward from now on.

Anyways, PS4 4.50 Firmware has been pwned by PS4/iOS Hacker You must login or register to view this content.. Bye.

He said 4.5X, so that would mean 4.55 as well right? Outty is right, they aren't "shitposts". You are doing your job reporting in and informing everyone. The majority of us appreciate it, so thank you! Keep up the good work!

The following user thanked Dog88Christian for this useful post:

gluesniffinpete
04-19-2017, 02:34 PM #6
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by Dog88Christian View Post
He said 4.5X, so that would mean 4.55 as well right? Outty is right, they aren't "shitposts". You are doing your job reporting in and informing everyone. The majority of us appreciate it, so thank you! Keep up the good work!

Originally posted by Frosty View Post
It'd be nice if a Cydia-like environment was ported to PS4, like a homebrew PSNStore.

Originally posted by Outsider
I don't think reporting qualifies as shitposting. There would legit be 2-3 threads a week without you, and for those of us that don't follow more than a few people on Twitter in the scene, thank you :p

Oh yeah, I made a mistake.

4.55 AND 4.50 has been hacked.
04-19-2017, 02:52 PM #7
BOSS
Save Point
So where do we go from here? Just wait for qwertyuiop to release?
04-19-2017, 03:15 PM #8
BOSS
Save Point
Thanks for the reply. As you can tell from my post count, I'm a bit new here Happy What exactly would we have to do on the user-end once he releases this exploit? Does it get compiled somehow? My apologies for my n00biness heh.
04-19-2017, 04:05 PM #9
Shadow
Banned
Originally posted by TxcticaLx
This is the whole point of finding an exploit. Don't release it, keep it yours, no one can copy.

you right besides sony might be looking at him as well
04-19-2017, 04:30 PM #10
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Just noticed the gadgets were found by him on those two firmwares. Well rip :P

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo