05-21-2017, 01:17 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I had a idea some months or years ago.

Can't we just cap the download of a Theme (for example PSNow), move it on the PC, edit the file (probably a .p4t format) and inject it back to the console to download the custom theme on the PS4?

Or a proxy on the PC to download / inject the file.

There are tools for the .p3t packages so maybe they just have to be modified a little bit.

The following user thanked AlphaStorm100 for this useful post:

Revoked
05-21-2017, 02:07 AM #2
ProtoBuffers
Bounty hunter
Don't bother i've been suggesting this for a long time now no one listens..... until it's their idea that is. You can connect to it with advanced wifi settings on PS4
05-21-2017, 03:23 AM #3
Revoked
Do a barrel roll!
Im Listening
05-21-2017, 06:40 AM #4
MEGANO5
Dawn Of The Legion
even though your theory is possible, still the ps4 themes are in .pkg which to my knowledge not been decrypted
05-21-2017, 08:36 AM #5
Toke
PC Master Race
if it was possible it would already have been done and released
05-21-2017, 08:40 AM #6
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by MEGANO5 View Post
even though your theory is possible, still the ps4 themes are in .pkg which to my knowledge not been decrypted

Yeah, there's literally a ton .pkgs out there: Apps - games - dlcs - etc. Just really can't use em in a way Upside Down Happy
05-21-2017, 08:43 AM #7
Originally posted by TxcticaLx
Possible in theory if you have a modded firmware already, impossible as all downloaded files from any sony or PS server to the playstation are signed, removing and reinjecting would need resigning, just like modifying a save file. It would be considered as 3rd party software if it were to be changed, as it wouldnt match file authentication either(i.e size matching, address matching etc), everything is 1's and 0's you have to remember that, anything can be signed
This is also the same reason why its impossible to install games which you download(unless of course you're on 1.76 with a raspberry pi 3), because anyone can pull a download with a proxy file server and reinject and change shit to what they want it to be(if that were the case, a jailbreak would be achieved instantly).
Also, theres something with the SAMU that would block or "fail" installation if it doesnt match the signed product

Lol, i wrote a nice long text which explains exactly what i mean and i would do but something went wrong and the whole text has been deleted.

So i do a short text (i forgot the first part)

What if you change the source link from the store and download another theme. You would need something like a licence spoof, licence faker tool or something which removes the licence check. The removing would be awesome, because you could play games from the external hdd on every console.

Of course for a CFW.

So this could be done with a cfw in a couple years.

Or spoofing the pkg. If someone decrypted the most files, it should be possible to change the (for example if they have this) hash verification.

So all we would need is a tool which gives us the chance to see and edit all file details. (For eg. The id for the owner, size, maybe address ect.)

Is that possible (a more explained way was deleted from the NGU App Not Happy or Sad )
05-21-2017, 08:44 AM #8
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
Yeah, there's literally a ton .pkgs out there: Apps - games - dlcs - etc. Just really can't use em in a way Upside Down Happy

So in some years with licence remover and maybe a disc restriction remover this could be possible for a cfw
05-22-2017, 01:25 AM #9
SyGnUs
Give a F*** About Your Lifestyle
Originally posted by AlphaStorm100 View Post
So in some years with licence remover and maybe a disc restriction remover this could be possible for a cfw

We basically just need to be able to sign things ourselves, not much can be done unless you can do that or you are able run unsigned code.
05-22-2017, 03:12 AM #10
Originally posted by TxcticaLx
All be it if you did, and from what you explained, I'd go back to my previous point and say it would be considered 3rd party software dude, its impossible to spoof licenses and encryption without more 3rd party code or software, so it certainly leaves it out of the question on a OFW unless theres a way to port later on from a CFW like a data transfer
as for it being on a CFW, your possibilities are literally endless, once you have peek, poke and write access with full GUI and privileges, you can do anything in accordance to your knowledge
games would be the same as the MultiMAN method if it ever becomes a thing, you'll need to mount the disk as an image to make it seem as if the game is in the tray so it can pass the codec with another disk, but load from the image

Originally posted by SyGnUs View Post
We basically just need to be able to sign things ourselves, not much can be done unless you can do that or you are able run unsigned code.

:troll:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo