Post: [RELEASE] How to Play Minecraft Trial (CUSA00265) Running on PS4 Retail as Backup
09-20-2017, 12:58 AM #1
Hydrogen
Super Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Introduction

Hello NextGenUpdate, recently, I had posted a thread talking about how Piracy was "officially" revealed to the public. Since it was already possible a long time ago, it wasn't something anyone would want to get into since, of course, Sony wouldn't like that a single bit. Moving on to today, it seems like You must login or register to view this content. has finally conveyed a new tutorial over on @PlayStationHax.xyz Forums. This is his main forum he posts his work, so, if you keep up in the PS4 scene. That is the place to look out for his work. In addition, this tutorial will cover on how to run Minecraft Trial as a Backup running on a retail PlayStation 4.

Would like to point out that the following tutorial was posted over at PlayStationHax.xyz. I can't link due to NextGenUpdate policies, but this work is on their forum and the own creator, of course, You must login or register to view this content.. Thank you to him as well for working hard on this. Let's get into this, shall we?

Requirements:

• You must login or register to view this content.
  • CUSA00265 decrypted eboot named as eboot_dec.bin
  • CUSA00265 filesystem (minus sce_modules)
  • The Playroom encrypted sce_modules
  • Playground that supports Code Exec and Elf Loader / Extreme-modding.de playground / etc
  • Filezilla Client (Transfer mode MUST be binary)
  • NetCat
  • Socat

Tutorial:

1- Create Folder in data folder named app2 (with ftp payload, binary mode always, NOT ascii)
2- Put in Folder original sce_modules from playroom (encrypted, not modified)
3- Put eboot_plugin in folder
4- Put eboot_dec.bin (from game we want to use, in this case, Minecraft Trial CUSA00265)
5- Put game files and folders (from game we want to use)
6- Reboot to clean memory from previous ftp payload patches
7- Execute kernel_hook payload (socat -u FILE:kernel_hooks TCP:my.ps4.ip:5054). Note that this is hitodama
8- Run listener to grab logs (nc my.ps4.ip 508Cool Man (aka Tustin). You should see some logs on it
9- Minimize browser with PS Button
10- Run Playroom. Instead of the usual app, Minecraft Trial version should show up.

Notes:

This is only a POC (Proof of Concept), so treat it as such. Most games SHOULD work with this method, but each and every one of them will require a "patch" (i call it like that because it's the file that allows the eboot to run.) Additionally, games that require modules besides libc and/or libSceFios2 will most likely not work, at least for now.
Homebrew DOES work with this method, but as you can see from the SDKs available (the open source ones) there is no Graphics API whatsoever. This method, however, supports hitodama compiled ELFs.

As for credits/source code, we're still discussing the best way to release this without any lawsuit from Sony (not that they're very interested in 1.76 but whatever...)

The next game that we're working on is P.T. Some people are also working on homebrew. Hopefully, that'll happen soon, but until then, STOP ASKING!
In the meantime, maybe there'll be a source release on how to do the eboot_plugin "patches". Just be patient.

Authors

Content Manager(s) Hydrogen

The following 6 users say thank you to Hydrogen for this useful post:

01cedricv2, DawidB, Dog88Christian, macflay59, Playstation VR, Right
09-20-2017, 10:08 AM #2
01cedricv2
NGU Elite Lifetime Mermber
Originally posted by hydrogen View Post
You must login or register to view this content.

introduction

hello nextgenupdate, recently, i had posted a thread talking about how piracy was "officially" revealed to the public. Since it was already possible a long time ago, it wasn't something anyone would want to get into since, of course, sony wouldn't like that a single bit. Moving on to today, it seems like You must login or register to view this content. has finally conveyed a new tutorial over on @playstationhax.xyz forums. This is his main forum he posts his work, so, if you keep up in the ps4 scene. That is the place to look out for his work. In addition, this tutorial will cover on how to run minecraft trial as a backup running on a retail playstation 4.

Would like to point out that the following tutorial was posted over at playstationhax.xyz. I can't link due to nextgenupdate policies, but this work is on their forum and the own creator, of course, You must login or register to view this content.. Thank you to him as well for working hard on this. Let's get into this, shall we?

requirements:

• cusa00265 decrypted eboot named as eboot_dec.bin
  • cusa00265 filesystem (minus sce_modules)
  • the playroom encrypted sce_modules
  • playground that supports code exec and elf loader / extreme-modding.de playground / etc
  • filezilla client (transfer mode must be binary)
  • netcat
  • socat

tutorial:

1- create folder in data folder named app2 (with ftp payload, binary mode always, not ascii)
2- put in folder original sce_modules from playroom (encrypted, not modified)
3- put eboot_plugin in folder
4- put eboot_dec.bin (from game we want to use, in this case, minecraft trial cusa00265)
5- put game files and folders (from game we want to use)
6- reboot to clean memory from previous ftp payload patches
7- execute kernel_hook payload (socat -u file:kernel_hooks tcp:my.ps4.ip:5054). Note that this is hitodama
8- run listener to grab logs (nc my.ps4.ip 508Cool Man (aka Tustin). You should see some logs on it
9- minimize browser with ps button
10- run playroom. Instead of the usual app, minecraft trial version should show up.

notes:

this is only a poc (proof of concept), so treat it as such. Most games should work with this method, but each and every one of them will require a "patch" (i call it like that because it's the file that allows the eboot to run.) additionally, games that require modules besides libc and/or libscefios2 will most likely not work, at least for now.
Homebrew does work with this method, but as you can see from the sdks available (the open source ones) there is no graphics api whatsoever. This method, however, supports hitodama compiled elfs.

As for credits/source code, we're still discussing the best way to release this without any lawsuit from sony (not that they're very interested in 1.76 but whatever...)

the next game that we're working on is p.t. some people are also working on homebrew. Hopefully, that'll happen soon, but until then, stop asking!
in the meantime, maybe there'll be a source release on how to do the eboot_plugin "patches". Just be patient.

authors

content manager(s) hydrogen

beast
09-26-2017, 08:14 PM #3
wfire
Gobble
hi

if someone has pfs.dat + module decrypt games to share I take, i would test a superior game ofw 1.76, i do not have any disc games

thx

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo