09-24-2017, 09:40 PM #1
Hydrogen
Super Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Introduction

Hello NextGenUpdate, this week a lot of things were released and discussed towards the PlayStation 4. We'll get into that in an another topic, but today I want to discuss Homebrew finally being developed for the PlayStation 4. If you all remember back then, a guy by the name KromeMods leaked the latest SDKs (Software Development Kits) that were Sony's tools to basically fabricate entities in conjunction. After that day, you were still missing other things, but everything is now set together after a few weeks that was released. As I stated when he leaked the SDK, Homebrew was officially possible, and a developer had the chance on making some.

In-Depth Information - (as of September 24th, 2017)

Fast forwarding until this week, PS4 Developer You must login or register to view this content. had started releasing a ton of stuff including PT and Minecraft Backups revealed for Retail PlayStation 4, informing us that someone officially completed the full piracy steps, and of course, hinting out that a few developers are already working on Homebrew for next-gen. I'm glad to finally see someone step up and start working on projects for it. The real question is, what will the first Homebrew bring to the table?

Furthermore, Homebrew is one of the most requested by the public to drop ever since 1.76 exploded conveying to everyone that PlayStation will get hacked once again. Not only that, it gave the new console potential to release new innovations and reverse engineers a new challenge to hack into it. If you're familiar with PlayStation 3 Homebrew, you might remember a few quite of applications...

You must login or register to view this content. You must login or register to view this content. You must login or register to view this content. You must login or register to view this content.

Depending how things are on the PlayStation 4, developers can actually manage to bring some of the oldies back, but I'm sure PlayStation 4 has changed a lot from PlayStation 3. We'll see what happens in the upcoming future with Homebrew. To keep it sweet and simple as I stated months ago, You must login or register to view this content.: "Homebrew is now being worked on, and will be coming soon."

Conclusion

As of now, You must login or register to view this content. also stated out not that long ago to quit asking for it, since it's coming soon. What are your opinions on this though? Are you ready? If so, what would be the first type of Homebrew you'd like to see, and also what functions do you want it to do? This might be a big step towards exploitation since of course piracy, backups, and Homebrew all together is a strong combination for next-gen, don't you think?

Authors

Content Manager(s) Hydrogen

The following 17 users say thank you to Hydrogen for this useful post:

/SneakerStreet/, BaSs_HaXoR, Calculus, DawidB, Dog88Christian, GelsonSilva, GJx, gluesniffinpete, MagnateSnake13-, NGU GHOST, Pianist Prodigy, Smoky420, smw74, STVBDKD, tuffcole, xxredneckszz
09-25-2017, 06:54 PM #11
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by Smoky420 View Post
We still far from a custom firmeware tho...

Custom Firmware isn't needed for PlayStation 4.
09-25-2017, 07:52 PM #12
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
Custom Firmware isn't needed for PlayStation 4.

Wouldn't it be easier for devs to just port Molecular Shell/Maidump/Henkaku and other Vita homebrew over to PS4 than to port PS3 homebrew?
09-26-2017, 06:51 AM #13
Originally posted by Frosty View Post
Wouldn't it be easier for devs to just port Molecular Shell/Maidump/Henkaku and other Vita homebrew over to PS4 than to port PS3 homebrew?

You would still need to rewrite all those to be compatible with PS4
09-26-2017, 05:30 PM #14
Originally posted by xXcameronXx View Post
You would still need to rewrite all those to be compatible with PS4

Yes, but the architecture on Vita is more similar to PS4, than the PS3 is.

The following user thanked Frosty for this useful post:

Smoky420
09-26-2017, 07:12 PM #15
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Yes, but the architecture on Vita is more similar to PS4, than the PS3 is.

I'll speak with Zecoxao. I can check for you if it's possible, and if it is, how it could be implemented in a specific way. (Not a full tutorial, just seeing if it contains potential.)
09-26-2017, 08:37 PM #16
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
I'll speak with Zecoxao. I can check for you if it's possible, and if it is, how it could be implemented in a specific way. (Not a full tutorial, just seeing if it contains potential.)

If it is, it would mean PS4 could get just as rekt as Vita, and most vulns found on either might work on the other. I mean look how far Vita's come now (well trophy hacking is dead, but still)
09-26-2017, 11:19 PM #17
Wosley
Discord: Wosley#6447
If it is, it would mean PS4 could get just as rekt as Vita, and most vulns found on either might work on the other. I mean look how far Vita's come now (well trophy hacking is dead, but still)

vita always gonna be a diffrent kind of (cfw)
09-26-2017, 11:27 PM #18
Hydrogen
Super Mod

Hey Frosty,

So, CTurt and I had a very interesting discussion right now. So, yes, it's possible to make a Cydia Environment (but, who knows who would do it.) and to answer your other question, yes as well.
09-26-2017, 11:30 PM #19
GJx
League Champion
Would be nice to see a homebrew store on the system, like Cydia.

That would be nice having to much apps is a disaster in the xmb.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo