Post: [4.05] How to remove downloaded 5.03 PUP from system!
12-30-2017, 03:16 PM #1
Master0wn3r
I’m too L33T
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); As of 4.00 Sony disabled the ability to remove system software updates once they are downloaded. so once they are downloaded the system will ask you to update when you touch anything on the PS4.
With the recent jailbreak its very easy to remove this from the PS4.

In order to do this, you need to run IDC version of the exploit (to allow full FTP acces).
Once you send the payload (assuming you know how to FTP already) ftp to your PS4 with FileZilla or whatever using port 1337.
Now navigate to /update and you will see PS4UPDATE.PUP, remove it and reboot. now the message is gone as well as the download.
Now is a good idea to block all of Sony's update URLs in order to prevent it from downloading again!

You must login or register to view this content.

Originally posted by another user
fuk01.ps4.update.playstation.net
post.net.playstation.net
get.net.playstation.net
fus01.ps4.update.playstation.net
feu01.ps4.update.playstation.net
deu01.ps4.update.playstation.net
ps4updptl.eu.np.community.playstation.net
tmdb.np.dl.playstation.net
themis.dl.playstation.net
sf.api.np.km.playstation.net
asm.np.community.playstation.net
artcdnsecure.ribob01.net
api-p014.ribob01.net
apicdn-p014.ribob01.net
t-prof.np.community.playstation.net
ps4updptl.eu.np.community.playstation.net
ps4.updptl.sp-int.community.playstation.net
ps4updptl.jp.sp-int.community.playstation.net
ps4-eb.ww.np.dl.playstation.net
ps4-eb.ww.np.dl.playstation.net

These are the URLs I blocked and now the PS4 just says it cant download the 5.03 update.
Last edited by Master0wn3r ; 12-30-2017 at 03:20 PM.

The following user thanked Master0wn3r for this useful post:

wsocishia14
12-31-2017, 03:55 AM #2
Xavier Hidden
Are you high?
I should be getting a 1.76 PS4 soon and from that i'll update it to 4.05 and follow this. Looks like the PS4 is finally getting some life. After years or being selfish looks like some1 wanted to release a Christmas gift. Now it's up to the community to make homebrews and mods. I want mods for fortnite badly right now or a netcheat type engine to be able to search for quick address mods.
12-31-2017, 11:42 AM #3
This by You must login or register to view this content. Al-Azif blocks the update too, you can add more lines in the dns.conf... Pretty good to be using.
12-31-2017, 12:31 PM #4
Master0wn3r
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by wsocishia14 View Post
This by You must login or register to view this content. Al-Azif blocks the update too, you can add more lines in the dns.conf... Pretty good to be using.

thanks for the info, I had the URLS blocked in my router as it is not that much work :P
12-31-2017, 01:46 PM #5
runningman420
I defeated!
Originally posted by Xavier
I should be getting a 1.76 PS4 soon and from that i'll update it to 4.05 and follow this. Looks like the PS4 is finally getting some life. After years or being selfish looks like some1 wanted to release a Christmas gift. Now it's up to the community to make homebrews and mods. I want mods for fortnite badly right now or a netcheat type engine to be able to search for quick address mods.

where from i woudnt mind
1 lol
01-22-2018, 01:04 AM #6
If you also take off the auto update in settings you wont have to worry about it downloading at all
01-22-2018, 05:07 AM #7
-JM-
Space Ninja
Originally posted by YT View Post
If you also take off the auto update in settings you wont have to worry about it downloading at all

When you use the homebrew enabler and you install a pkg it downloads the update even if you changed your settings So blocking the urls are a good idea I wish there was a plugin for it I saw on twitter that it my be released soon
01-22-2018, 06:03 AM #8
Really wow ok i didnt know that thanks.
01-29-2018, 11:34 AM #9
runningman420
I defeated!
hello if i purchase a ps4 on 4.05 wil the exploit work same as on 1.76

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo