07-13-2018, 08:14 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I only stumbled upon this You must login or register to view this content. by PixelButts a short while ago and cannot find anything outside of the couple of posts he made. Anyone know anything beyond that post? For example, did the group of people he kept replying to, ever get it to work, and where a copy of that UE build might be?
07-13-2018, 08:28 PM #2
xPurpBoyyx
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by xNITEMAREx View Post
I only stumbled upon this You must login or register to view this content. by PixelButts a short while ago and cannot find anything outside of the couple of posts he made. Anyone know anything beyond that post? For example, did the group of people he kept replying to, ever get it to work, and where a copy of that UE build might be?

You could use a build from the time 5.05 was released and earlier. You just need a key for activating the feature that allows you to export the game in pkg format. I can't link you to that even if I do find it because it would be warez if I'm not mistaken. But, I've also looked into it before I even had a jb ps4. Hope that helps.

Edit: Here's a youtube series that might help you understand where to find the correct build number or see the build number you need. But i still cant help you with the key or any download links.

Last edited by xPurpBoyyx ; 07-13-2018 at 08:32 PM.
07-14-2018, 02:47 AM #3
Originally posted by xPurpBoyyx View Post
You could use a build from the time 5.05 was released and earlier. You just need a key for activating the feature that allows you to export the game in pkg format. I can't link you to that even if I do find it because it would be warez if I'm not mistaken. But, I've also looked into it before I even had a jb ps4. Hope that helps.

Edit: Here's a youtube series that might help you understand where to find the correct build number or see the build number you need. But i still cant help you with the key or any download links.

In build 4.16, the release notes mention needing s - d - k 4.50, which I have, and I've installed all the VS15 stuff. I've built the engine from the git source a couple different times with different edits, and the closest I get to having anything work is, all the consoles show up as export options, but when I click on ps4, it reaches out to some internal development page for deployment on ps4.

I'm also aware of the Unity trick to get projects to compile and launch on ps4, I have the edited publishing tools. I've tried throwing them in the s - d - k - 's directory and tried building the UE engine source, and still only get a web page opening to some development page on epic's site.

The reason I don't just up and switch to Unity is because I have used UE for a little over 5 years, and don't want to learn a new engine or c#, for that matter.
07-14-2018, 02:38 PM #4
xPurpBoyyx
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by xNITEMAREx View Post
In build 4.16, the release notes mention needing s - d - k 4.50, which I have, and I've installed all the VS15 stuff. I've built the engine from the git source a couple different times with different edits, and the closest I get to having anything work is, all the consoles show up as export options, but when I click on ps4, it reaches out to some internal development page for deployment on ps4.

I'm also aware of the Unity trick to get projects to compile and launch on ps4, I have the edited publishing tools. I've tried throwing them in the s - d - k - 's directory and tried building the UE engine source, and still only get a web page opening to some development page on epic's site.

The reason I don't just up and switch to Unity is because I have used UE for a little over 5 years, and don't want to learn a new engine or c#, for that matter.

Hmm. I never had it do that to me when I had it all. I just didnt have a console to install the pkgs on.
I can try to look around to see if I find the old tutorial for it but I doubt it'd still be up.

The following user thanked xPurpBoyyx for this useful post:

xNITEMAREx

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo