07-18-2018, 04:32 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello new to the Ps4 modding, just wanted to know when the Ps4 will be able to go online jailbroken? Or if we will ever be able too, just want some insight before i buy a ps4 to jailbreak. Thanks
07-22-2018, 05:53 AM #2
hecticmassacre
Bounty hunter
No and not anytime soon
07-27-2018, 08:26 AM #3
Gryphus
Former Super Moderator
Originally posted by rel3vent14 View Post
Hello new to the Ps4 modding, just wanted to know when the Ps4 will be able to go online jailbroken? Or if we will ever be able too, just want some insight before i buy a ps4 to jailbreak. Thanks

Currently its only on firmware 5.05 or lower that can use exploits and mods. So that would be a no and there is no official word when it would be possible.
08-02-2018, 08:57 PM #4
Okay look man, ive been trying to find a Ps4 to buy to jailbreak and i cant find anything. Can you please help me out?
08-02-2018, 09:24 PM #5
Gryphus
Former Super Moderator
Okay look man, ive been trying to find a Ps4 to buy to jailbreak and i cant find anything. Can you please help me out?

your best bet would be to buy a console bundle off amazon or ebay (I got mine from amazon). Do some research first such as be sure the bundle your buying was before the 5.05 firmware mark so your guaranteed to get a console on low firmware. Don't hesitate to ask sellers what firmware the console is on before buying especially if your buying used. For bundles always be sure they are new.

Here is a thread that lists consoles that are guaranteed to get you on 5.05 or below.

You must login or register to view this content.

08-02-2018, 09:38 PM #6
Okay cool thanks man. I actually found one thats already jailbroken near me but its 2 hours away and he wants $220 for it. I just don't want to drive that far lol. Should i drive 2 hours?
08-02-2018, 10:56 PM #7
Gryphus
Former Super Moderator
Okay cool thanks man. I actually found one thats already jailbroken near me but its 2 hours away and he wants $220 for it. I just don't want to drive that far lol. Should i drive 2 hours?

up to you & $220 is a good deal
08-05-2018, 04:53 AM #8

If you’re about to get a 5.05 console then I would hit up pawn shops and those dying retail stores like sears and shit. If it’s brand new at the store then you know exactly what firmware and you know it’s brand new and no idiots have (well... maybe) not dropped it down the stairs or got dog piss all over it.
08-05-2018, 01:43 PM #9
Originally posted by NINJA2 View Post
If you’re about to get a 5.05 console then I would hit up pawn shops and those dying retail stores like sears and shit. If it’s brand new at the store then you know exactly what firmware and you know it’s brand new and no idiots have (well... maybe) not dropped it down the stairs or got dog piss all over it.

Iv'e hit up Pawn Shops and there assholes about it when i ask what firmware and stuff. I guess i just got to choose wisely?
08-05-2018, 03:50 PM #10
Iv'e hit up Pawn Shops and there assholes about it when i ask what firmware and stuff. I guess i just got to choose wisely?

Typically those guys are being assholes because they have to actually work with the customer who is more educated on a product than the dumbass selling it. I know exactly what you’re feeling about them. They also don’t like the idea of you paying the same price as everyone else and potentially making a profit.

I would normally make the offer that if I found one that I wanted that I would pay $20 over sticker price for it. Some take the offer, most want $20 no matter what, and a few made me leave. They tend to think that I’m wasting their time.. by getting to know what I’m about to purchase.

You might want to take a look at psdevwiki before you pull the trigger

You must login or register to view this content.

You can search for your target firmware and see when it was released

Then you’ll have to look at what consoles were released on or before that date (on might be a gamble)

For example I saw a 5.05 for sale at a local Kohl’s and Walmart Supercenter just this past week

So you might not have to deal with those assholes especially if you can get it from a box store

The following user thanked X-UNDEAD_NINJA2 for this useful post:

Pianist Prodigy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo