05-17-2018, 06:37 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Lets say I've plat a game, completely, but I replay all of the things that'll supposed to happen like a certain amount of kills. Does that not unlock the trophy but saves it unlock instantly when a new user registers the profile? I'm trying to understand how these work a little bit better because they seem pretty random.
05-17-2018, 11:38 AM #2
PSNTROPHYHUNTER
PSN Trophy God
Originally posted by ThatEpicSomeone View Post
Lets say I've plat a game, completely, but I replay all of the things that'll supposed to happen like a certain amount of kills. Does that not unlock the trophy but saves it unlock instantly when a new user registers the profile? I'm trying to understand how these work a little bit better because they seem pretty random.

It depends how the trophies are coded to check and pop. For checking the code is simple (once requirements are met for a trophy the system checks your trophy list and if you haven't earned the trophy it pops) However, when the game performs checks varies for example, some games all trophies pop at main menu with a platinum save, there's others where you need to do 1 more thing of whatever the trophy is for, and there's others where the platinum save won't pop anything because the trophies are coded to never perform a "check" after the requirements are already reached.

Therefore, platinum saves can instant pop all trophies or you have to play with the save to unlock trophies or it doesn't pop anything....it all depends on the coding of the game.

For example, a trophy for getting 100 wins. Sometimes it autopops, sometimes you have to get more 1 win, sometimes it won't pop at all and you would need a save with 99 wins.

Hope this is clear enough for you. Smile

Its also best to create a save right before getting each trophy just be safe and if you want it to look legit for others. Then once you get all your saves test the platinum save and if that pops trophies then that's all that is needed if someone doesn't care about timestamps.
Last edited by PSNTROPHYHUNTER ; 05-17-2018 at 11:40 AM.

The following user thanked PSNTROPHYHUNTER for this useful post:

ThatEpicSomeone
05-17-2018, 04:48 PM #3
Originally posted by PSNTROPHYHUNTER View Post
It depends how the trophies are coded to check and pop. For checking the code is simple (once requirements are met for a trophy the system checks your trophy list and if you haven't earned the trophy it pops) However, when the game performs checks varies for example, some games all trophies pop at main menu with a platinum save, there's others where you need to do 1 more thing of whatever the trophy is for, and there's others where the platinum save won't pop anything because the trophies are coded to never perform a "check" after the requirements are already reached.

Therefore, platinum saves can instant pop all trophies or you have to play with the save to unlock trophies or it doesn't pop anything....it all depends on the coding of the game.

For example, a trophy for getting 100 wins. Sometimes it autopops, sometimes you have to get more 1 win, sometimes it won't pop at all and you would need a save with 99 wins.

Hope this is clear enough for you. Smile

Its also best to create a save right before getting each trophy just be safe and if you want it to look legit for others. Then once you get all your saves test the platinum save and if that pops trophies then that's all that is needed if someone doesn't care about timestamps.

So how do you check the game & differ between which games that have check or don't check. This is all just seems random there is no system to manage this type of thing?
05-17-2018, 05:24 PM #4
PSNTROPHYHUNTER
PSN Trophy God
Originally posted by ThatEpicSomeone View Post
So how do you check the game & differ between which games that have check or don't check. This is all just seems random there is no system to manage this type of thing?

The code for trophies is embedded within the files of a game. Maybe if someone extracts the game files and figures out a way to be able to breakdown and read the code to see when the game does trophy checks...perhaps the code for trophies is in its own file? Idk but only other way to do is what i said above.

The following user thanked PSNTROPHYHUNTER for this useful post:

ThatEpicSomeone

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo